It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ottawa bus driver lashes out at autistic rider

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Ottawa's transit service has launched an investigation after a YouTube video on the weekend appeared to show a city bus driver delivering an expletive-filled tirade against an autistic passenger.

The 55-second cellphone video attracted hundreds of views and many angry comments.

Shot on the No. 96 bus from downtown Ottawa to Kanata, the video shows a young man in shorts standing near the driver. Out of view, another man, apparently the driver, yells at the passenger.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Since bus drivers seem to pretty much be idiots on the road, (believe me I was cut off by two buses on the same day and a lot don't signal out in my city) they have pretty much hit a new low. Toronto bus drivers are okay, but some stuff makes him look worse than those on the TTC

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The Autistic individual went on camera and stated that he was saying words of an unkind nature. He probably was off his medication and caused the altercation.

The bus driver did not have to go to these lengths, but we are all human, we all make mistakes.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reciting a play ?

autistic ?

Bus driver justified

DO NOT DISTRACT THE BUS DRIVER PEOPLE

Autistic people need some markers , not to be cruel , but so they be identified and also so they don't catch a punch to the face , you know being mistaken for a crazy fool.

They should not travel alone either. They need someone to help these type of situations.

If you keep letting kids like this out in a public full of frustration don't cry when the bullet hits the mark

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
not many people know the real story except for those on the bus. Like most news we only know the half, something else could have caused it to escalate.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypr2011

Since bus drivers seem to pretty much be idiots on the road, (believe me I was cut off by two buses on the same day and a lot don't signal out in my city) they have pretty much hit a new low. Toronto bus drivers are okay, but some stuff makes him look worse than those on the TTC

I went somewhere today and used the public bus system both ways. There was a couple of odd balls waiting.....waiting......waiting..... with me for the bus to eventually show up. One of them didn't have a pass or bus fair yet hopped right on anyway.

While I am not siding with the way this bus driver acted, all I can say is that to deal with the weirdo's that they do throughout a shift, it's easy to see how they might end up being idiots on the road, or how they might have a short fuze.

All I know is there isn't a high enough wage paid to these drivers for the amount of crap they have to put up from the general public, and people cutting them off in traffic, too!

They must all have a little bit of the patience of a saint in them to be able to do this job!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The guy kinda asked for it..and shouldn't have been traveling alone.
That said, a big part of me has to say the bus driver should have handled his biz better.

I quit a very good job paying me more than I was worth.. because I could not handle keeping my cool around the people I was paid to deal with.
While many deserved a punch in the mouth or more, I knew full well I would have to deal with these twits when I accepted the position.
When it got to be too much, I left the industry.

Every bus driver knows the types of nut jobs they have to deal with. If you can't handle your job, finjd a new one before you hurt someone, get hurt, get sued or get jailed.

top topics

join