It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While filming a police line at Occupy Oakland on Nov. 3 following the Nov. 2 general strike, an offi

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I am thinking accidental discharge in which I hope the officer involved did all of his paperwork.
There should be a panel review on this incident at the very least.
If the shooting was intentional, there are many more questions.
I would also like to see the police video of the shooting, they do have video right?
Mmmmhm.

But many will see no wrong with the police action as they are just hippy communists right?
OWS haters make me laugh.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheInterceptor
reply to post by KySc5

I dont see anything wrong with this. The cop is clearly protecting himself in this instance. Who knows what would have happend if he hesitated even a second longer. Luckly he was able to defuse this situation before it got out of hand.

Are you f'n serious. I hope this was sarcasm or your the biggest douche ive ever seen on the net.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by janon
Looks like those boys with AR-15's need to come visit Oakland.

You mean J.T. Ready and his band of Neo-Nazis? Birds of a feather, I suppose....

Neo-Nazis Patrol Occupy Phoenix

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

What are you guys talking about!? I'm not a genius or anything but the guy was being sarcastic.
2nd line

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'm amazed that this thread is only on page 3.
Either people are not watching the vid, or they are watching it and then too stunned to comment.
Surely, this video is going to be viral and cause all sorts of issues for both teams in OWS?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

I'm stunned. I'm stunned at the vandalism, such as "This is ours" spray painted on the concrete base of that artwork.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I am stunned by what I just saw.

Granted there is no secondary video which could show if this cameraman was acting in a violent or aggressive nature prior to or during the recording but that should not matter. There were enough police there to have simply arrested him if he had broken any law...

This is America...isn't it? I don't care if he was walking by with one hand on the camera and the other fixed in a stolid one finger salute. If he had broken a law, he should have been arrested not attacked.

That was no warning shot. That was assault.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
reply to post by RogerT

I'm stunned. I'm stunned at the vandalism, such as "This is ours" spray painted on the concrete base of that artwork.

You see a man shot for no apparent reason with no apparent warning and you are stunned by graffiti?
What happened to compassion? Where is the ignore button when you need it?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
You see a man shot for no apparent reason with no apparent warning and you are stunned by graffiti?
What happened to compassion? Where is the ignore button when you need it?

Key words "apparent". From what I saw, there were a lot of riot police assembled. Why were they assembled? Could it be because there were things taking place that were illegal? Could there have been bottles full of piss and feces thrown at the police just prior to when the video starts? Could it be that the camera person threw it just prior to when the video starts? WE DON'T KNOW! All we know is some guy was hit by a rubber bullet "allegedly". That loud pop could have been something else, and he could just be faking it. Once again, WE DON'T KNOW!

If he was simply filming and got shot for no "apparent" reason, then yes, the police were out of line. However, if people behind him, or he himself, were tossing stuff at the cops prior to the video starting, then the cops were within their rights to pop him with a rubber bullet.

The only FACT in that entire video is the graffiti and vandalism. That's shocking.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join