It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While filming a police line at Occupy Oakland on Nov. 3 following the Nov. 2 general strike, an offi

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
and here are the Dazzlers in an American SWAT team demonstration:

will tell if they actually make use of all the tools they have available.

I absolutely LOVE the de-humanizing language used in this promotional video..

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheInterceptor
reply to post by windword

I thought I was clearly being sarcastic. Apparently I was wrong.
edit on 7-11-2011 by TheInterceptor because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure how people missed it. You're laying it on thick enough

Where's the Foreign Guy from Family Guy to explain sarcasm when you need him?

edit on 7-11-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The guy filming was a good distance away from the police officer and therefore was not a threat which tells me that the cop was in the wrong.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

reply to post by KySc5

I dont see anything wrong with this. The cop is clearly protecting himself in this instance. Who knows what would have happend if he hesitated even a second longer. Luckly he was able to defuse this situation before it got out of hand.

Yeah, the camera the guy used to tape those cops was equipped with a powerful laser gun and the Anon mask the guy was probably wearing looks threatening too. Yeah, the cop was only trying to protect himself.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

There's no such thing as non-lethal

Only less lethal.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Because of how many ATSers wish they were the cop in question, i imagine.
I can't imagine the mentality myself, but it seems a lot of people get their jollies vicariously by cheering for the cops beating up unarmed people.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
That people can watch this, and not rise up in mass, is amazing, and goes ever again towards the whole "mind control" theory. I mean wow. I truly think they could be firing live rounds like that, and although it would split the freedom lovers from the true sheep, there would be plenty of sheep. Plenty of people wouldn't care, or would think they had it coming. Right, now.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Assault/Battery.

Id take that bastard to court- if you could figure out who he was(which will be quite difficult seeing as how they all look like LEGO characters.

Why do the Police make me hate them so much?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Assault/Battery.

Id take that bastard to court- if you could figure out who he was(which will be quite difficult seeing as how they all look like LEGO characters.

Why do the Police make me hate them so much?

Unfortunately, that video was pretty dark. Maybe some enhancement software can expose this war criminal's face. To anyone that has defended him: why did it take almost the full length of the video for any of the LEOs to do anything at all? That alone tells me the videographer wasn't doing anything to deserve that.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

reply to post by KySc5

I dont see anything wrong with this. The cop is clearly protecting himself in this instance. Who knows what would have happend if he hesitated even a second longer. Luckly he was able to defuse this situation before it got out of hand.
[TheInterceptor gains + 23 points in skill ”Sarcasm”]
[TheInterceptor has mastered Sarcasm!]

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The guy got shot by the fashion police!
For real...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I'm glad you and I have found at least one thing to agree on, TOA. Maybe there'll be more in the future.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

I'm glad you and I have found at least one thing to agree on, TOA. Maybe there'll be more in the future.

I suspect there are a lot of things we agree on. We just haven't found them yet. But they're there, lurking in the darkness.

/TOA
edit on 8-11-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

I suspect there are a lot of things we agree on. We just haven't found them yet. But they're there, lurking in the darkness.

/TOA
edit on 8-11-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

Maybe so... wait...

But they're there, lurking in the darkness.

Ia! Ia! Shub Niggurath! Ia Ia Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

The LRAD was used against the G20 protesters in Pittsburgh. So I don't believe it is against the current laws to be used on American soil..........

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Because of how many ATSers wish they were the cop in question, i imagine. I can't imagine the mentality myself, but it seems a lot of people get their jollies vicariously by cheering for the cops beating up unarmed people.
[color=BFFFD5]Jumping to conclusions is not a good habit.
It is better to question everything, as opposed to an instant blind belief.

[color=BFFFD5]Not immediately believing what a faceless stranger tells you, is not even close to being the same as "cheering for the cops."

[color=8BB5A7]╔╦═█═╦╗

"Nobody is innocent?"

For real?
[color=BFFFD5]No one has a guilt free conscious. Everybody has sinned, at one time or another.

I'm constantly bewildered by people who actually seem to get off on police brutality
[color=BFFFD5]I'm constantly bewildered by the amount of ignorance required, that allows people to immediately jump on board the lynch mob bandwagon, while not actually knowing any particular details pertaining to the subject at hand.

edit on 11/8/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

reply to post by KySc5

Wow seriously? did you even watch the clip before posting that rubbish?

The dude is holding a camera, and is probably at least 20+ ft. away from them...
No matter how you put it, that is unprovoked assault. Police brutality.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

reply to post by KySc5

What? Am I missing something. I didn't see anything that warranted a shot being fired at the camera man. What do you mean in saying that if "he hesitated even a second longer..." What would have happened?

I agree, and just for the record and I hope a few LEO's read this. The Supreme Court has upheld, on 6 different occasions, that the PEOPLE have a right to defend themselves up to and INCLUDING justifiable homicide AGIANST ANY police officer. That's right, the PEOPLE have the right to defend themselves up to and INCLUDING killing a police officer if we believe OUR LIVES are in danger. Just sayin'.

I would not hesitate to take an officers life if he made a motion to grab me or threaten a move toward me that was unwarranted. i have done so in the past, took down 2 cops out of four, sure they got rough with me afterwards, but it was worth it, just should have completely taken out the 2 of them first, just sayin'.

WHERE DO THE POLICE DERIVE THEIR AUTHORITY?

Police are "HIRED" on the other hand Sheriffs are ELECTED. Hired guns have NO AUTHORITY over the general public. They DO NOT have our consent nor our blessing to handle ANY public affairs. It is all commercial in nature, cities are incorporated, cops are the security guards for the corporation...GET IT?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

reply to post by windword

I thought I was clearly being sarcastic. Apparently I was wrong.
edit on 7-11-2011 by TheInterceptor because: (no reason given)

I knew you were being sarcastic and I thought it was hilarious. Boy that would turn into a good show if those fella's with the AR-15s showed up at that protest.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
From the comments...

Furthermore, many of them are guilty of a misdemeanor (Statute 830.10) by taping over their name badges.

If protesters are getting jailed for misdemeanors, why aren't these cops getting thrown in jail?

codes.lp.findlaw.com...

I can't tell if the badges are covered or not.

Geoffrey Alpert, a University of South Carolina criminal justice professor who's an expert in police decision-making and use of force, said the video left him "astonished, amazed and embarrassed."

www.mercurynews.com...
edit on 8-11-2011 by Cablespider because: Added news link

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join