It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids give letter to homeowner who didn’t hand out Halloween candy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I was visiting a friend.
there was a knock at the door.
it was a someone trick'or'treating.
he opens the door and chucks a bucket of water over them?
it was a kid and the father.
I said WTF? he said he had no treats!
so he gave them a trick...
I then explained it to him.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by smileypants

Originally posted by TheCounselor
reply to post by smileypants

This lil bawsteds still wouldn't have got anything from me, if, indeed, a kid wrote it. The lady across the street raised hell because I wasn't on my stoop parceling out candy to mini- neanderthals that stand staring at you, sometimes, if they have gumption, grunt at you.
I reverse Halloween the day before, and take those silly plastic pumpkins of candy to the kids that are worth it. The ungrateful rude little sh!ts that haven't go the manners to say 'trick or treat' or especially, 'thank you' can go to hell.

It seems like you have a certain worldview that causes you to not like kids, Halloween, candy, or ladies across the street. I really don't know what to say except... I'm sorry?

Well, obviously I like Halloween. I get plastic pumpkins and pass out candy. I like SOME kids, or I wouldn't bother at all. I like kids that dress up in costumes and say "Trick or Treat". A 'thank you' is a bonus.
Hmm.... it must be that grown up lady across the street, who won't mind her own business, who has no quarter in whether I pass out candy or not.
Please don't be sorry, you wouldn't like her, either.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Seriously Camaro68ss said it all....I have a telescope check this out thats Jupiter... You've learned something new, and you got to see some planetary action, with some candy on the side...Way to go...You should of been the OP I would of gave you a flag along with your star...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
YES YOU ARE MISSING THE FACT THAT THE MINDS OF THE PARENTS OF THESE CHILDREN IS BEFUDDLED WITH NONSENSE THAT ALLOWS THEM TO ALLOW THEIR CHILDREN TO CELEBRATE HALLOWEEN,SAME OLD RUBBISH BUT ITS FOR THE KIDS,LET THEM DRESS UP AS MONSTERS AND ACT LIKE THEM IF THEY DONT GET CANDY,BONFIRE NIGHT IN THE UK TONIGHT ANOTHER NONSENSE,MARKETING AND BUSINESS MEN AGAIN TO BLAME FOR THESE RIDICULOUS WAYS TO MAKE MONEY,THE SAME PEOPLE WHO BRING YOU CIGARETTES COKE AND MACDONALDS

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by hypr2011

I stood out in the rain and the cold to give out Halloween candy-we gave out Sour Punch Straws, Sour Patch Kids and Pretzels-the pretzels we gave out last-I actually had kids complain on the way down my driveway-ungrateful

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
When I was in 1st grade, we were in a rather hick part of North Carolina. My teacher told us about her own sons not getting any treats... so they stole the guy's outhouse.And hid it up a tree.

A letter? Really? Man, those kids are boring

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

That reminds me of an ad campaign I vaguely remember where they had parents sneak away from children and filmed the kids being upset that they were lost. Although I thought that campaign was pretty messed up (I think it was anti smoking, showing a kid losing a parent for a minute and paralleling it with a kid losing a parent to cancer) the candy thing is playful mean.

Haha.. admittedly, "you sneaky mom" made me laugh.
edit on 5-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Yeah.. you are missing something.
They are kids, and it's funny. I mean.. they could have egged or rolled the house. A letter isn't so bad.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
This can't be a true story. C'mon. When I was a kid, the last thing I wanted was a fricken' apple--candied or otherwise. No kid I ever knew would see getting an apple as a good thing. But these dweebs took capital offense to it and sent the homeowner a letter? That's a whole new level of nerd.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

Duuude! Candy apples are bomb!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

That's excellent!
A great view and a sugar rush, all in one stop.

For all those grumps...It's called TRICK or treating...At least he didn't get egged, or toilet papered..

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
That homeowner is lucky that those kids sent a letter. They could have gotten even by fabricating molestation tales and backing each other on the 'reality'. Has anyone seen South Park about the "M" word and getting rid of the 'birth givers' so they could go see a concert their parents refused to allow them to attend?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
They are pretty awesome, got one for Halloween once the guy made them, and put his info on them, so it was legit, no razor blades or needles, a bit sticky to eat though, but Yahoo news will post anything and everything as news, same with my local paper.

But this is kinda teaching kids that they are being entitled the world owes them everything and if it is a parent doing it for the kid then the parents are just being the enablers.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
I'm not surprised at all by this.

Kids these days seem to think the world owes them something. They have a rude awakening coming to them eventually.

Maybe they are just pissed at what we left for them... it's our past generations fault that the world is in the condition it's in today. If we would of stood up a long time ago kids wouldn't need to worry about their futures and could just be kids.

WE DO OWE THEM

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think the letter is hilarious! The signature.... (Children of The Hood)... is amusing too.

Obviously the children miss (Miss Toby's) candied apples. They are reminding the new person in that home about the tradition of Halloween and what they would like to happen next year...when they (trick or treat) again.

Really...would it hurt the new person to hand out some candy....it would be a generous gesture. Their letter is a good reminder.

edit on 5-11-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by aprilc1

I stood out in the rain and the cold to give out Halloween candy-we gave out Sour Punch Straws, Sour Patch Kids and Pretzels-the pretzels we gave out last-I actually had kids complain on the way down my driveway-ungrateful

I see where the kids get it from. I watch adults acting ungrateful and complaining about everything. Many adults are downright rude without justification. Maybe their parents are that type.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by insanedr4gon

Explain to me how you make the giant leap that some kids writing a letter means the future is in peril. Please.

Don't we encourage children every year to write Santa and tell him what they want?

In a world where everything is changing so quickly, people depend on the little constant things to make them feel grounded.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Those kids are spoiled. Were I live, half of the homes do not hand out candy. These kids do not realized that either people can't afford to buy candy because of hardships or the homeower's religion prohibits them from celebrating Halloween. Those brats are greedy and they would cry like babies if they live in my area because only about half give out candy. The older kids have a nerve to complain when I hand out candy, that I was not giving them enough. I hate this me and give me society.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Amusing story.

I found it cute.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by smileypants

reply to post by smileypants

This lil bawsteds still wouldn't have got anything from me, if, indeed, a kid wrote it. The lady across the street raised hell because I wasn't on my stoop parceling out candy to mini- neanderthals that stand staring at you, sometimes, if they have gumption, grunt at you.
I reverse Halloween the day before, and take those silly plastic pumpkins of candy to the kids that are worth it. The ungrateful rude little sh!ts that haven't go the manners to say 'trick or treat' or especially, 'thank you' can go to hell.

It seems like you have a certain worldview that causes you to not like kids, Halloween, candy, or ladies across the street. I really don't know what to say except... I'm sorry?

Well, obviously I like Halloween. I get plastic pumpkins and pass out candy. I like SOME kids, or I wouldn't bother at all. I like kids that dress up in costumes and say "Trick or Treat". A 'thank you' is a bonus.
Hmm.... it must be that grown up lady across the street, who won't mind her own business, who has no quarter in whether I pass out candy or not.
Please don't be sorry, you wouldn't like her, either.

I understand. You were probably worked up in the earlier response. I also live across from an old woman who won't mind her own business, so I feel your pain.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join