It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chad Kerksick, Oklahoma Professor, Accused Of Performing Medical Experiments On Students

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Chad Kerksick, Oklahoma Professor, Accused Of Performing Medical Experiments On Students

www.huffingtonpost.com

A graduate student, who asked the station to remain anonymous, provided videos which revealed the experiments ... and their painful results.

"Many times these procedures were painful and sometimes led to internal bleeding and awful bruises. Besides the injuries, many students were told to keep certain research practices secret."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.news9.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
History Secret Experiments Conducted on U.S. Citizens

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
There seems to be no limit to the ethical violations scientists seem to be perpetrating upon the human race as of late.
We have cloned everything, and probably humans too. Gene spliced to the point of bad science fiction. And the end is nowhere in sight. The professor was suspended without pay, but the university KNEW about the experiments and likely profited as well. Mad scientists have been given license to run amok, and who knows who the next group of victims will be?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The general decline in human values is heart-breaking to behold. That video made me clicky stop pretty quick. No wonder the jerk was trying to get the students to keep quiet.

I didn't see in the article where it was elaborated on exactly what the 'research' was about, did you?

Often, as many are aware, these university studies that involve $$$ have their roots in the intelligence/MIC budget.

I'll be interested to see how this progresses.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Wow, who is this guy--the great-grandson of Josef Mengele?

Research institutions are supposed to have safeguards in place called "IRB's" or "Institutional Review Boards", in order to prevent this sort of thing. Looks like Oklahoma University's got some 'splainin to do.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

We have cloned everything, and probably humans too.

Whats wrong with cloning a human? And "it probably happened" Is not an ethics violation. You need proof to make that claim.

Gene spliced to the point of bad science fiction.

Gene spliced? You do realize manipulating the genes is basically the height of human ingenuity? itterally, we can now control our future evolution. Want wings? Done. Hawk eyes? Completed. Strength of a gorilla? How about yes.

I cant seem to find where it says what the experiments he carried out are. Ill bet i know some of those students personally. Guess ill have to ask around.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

The general decline in human values is heart-breaking to behold

I have to question this statement. When have human values been higher?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by dashen

We have cloned everything, and probably humans too.

Whats wrong with cloning a human? And "it probably happened" Is not an ethics violation. You need proof to make that claim.

Gene spliced to the point of bad science fiction.

edit on 2-11-2011 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

"Is it okay to clone?" Is what i basically got from that whole video.

I dont see why it would not be. Of course, some oversight is needed. As awesome as a exact duplicate of Marlyn Monroe being created for the sole purpose of becoming a sex slave sounds, obviously ethics come into question.

However, I cannot see a problem with it on the sole basis of "Cloning is wrong" Or "We are stepping over the line".

First off, one would ask where this line came from or how it is objectively wrong. Saying "God is the only one who can create life" Is a faulty argument. For it to have any meaning one would have to find God and ask him about it since clearly he did not clear this up in his Big Book of Do's and Don'ts. So an argument from that stand point is just "Putting words into Gods mouth" Also, one would have to overcome the hurdle of proving God exist. Good luck with that.

As long as there is oversight and it is carried out responsibly, there should be no problem.

Wait, got side tracked here. That was not the topic any way. So veering back to the actual topic. What experiments were carried out on OU campus. I asked a friend of mine if he knew, but it seems he did not. He has never even met Mr. Kerksick,
edit on 2-11-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by dashen

As long as there is oversight and it is carried out responsibly, there should be no problem.

Who will give the oversight? This program was allegedly overseen by the University and this happened anyway.

top topics

join