It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A review of Area 51 and its tech

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The U.S government officially denies any new top secret aircraft programs which have been put into place many years ago.. I have been fascinated with Area 51 since i was a kid and i have always wondered what could be going on there? since it was very popular and it is gaining more popularity even today... i watched several "Area 51" shows where a bunch of Alien conspiracy theorists claim that they are genetically mutating aliens with humans and/or hiding aliens at Area 51.
I dont believe that, i believe that is just a smoke screen cover to distract people from what they have been doing.
What they are doing is creating top secret aircraft and new propulsion systems and weapons...some speculate they already have invisibility when we are decades away from it... there are very strange towers at Area 51 and no one seems to know what purpose they serve (i will post a pic from google maps and the real pic)

[VIDEO:]
here is an alleged "Top secret Aurora aircraft" they gave it a new name. (its an animation, i know)

Can you tell me what this is? some speculate its an observation tower.

Here is another (sorry its a little blurry)

edit on 10/8/2011 by ApplesOnFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/8/2011 by ApplesOnFire because: TYPOS

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ApplesOnFire

Area 51 the most top secret place on earth.or just passable a diversion from where they keep all the good stuff.i mean when area 51 is mentioned in film's its always seen as this amazing place. 'sort of like you can look but you cant touch' and you know how we ALL like a good story.and the governments loves it keeps you all guessing about the wrong place . just a thought people..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ravon30

i was expecting more than one person.. but thanks for your opinion, i guess people are not interested.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

It looks sort of like a Radar Tower, honestly...

(Second Line)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

well that makes more sense than being a watch tower (LOL) but you know its a very good kept secret
they have a very large hangar... they have enough why would they need more?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The funny thing about "Area 51" is that it has been for a very long time now, a very elaborate and sophisticated decoy for foreign intelligence.

Nothing really super-secret goes on there, only the illusion that it is.

In my opinion, of course.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

don't worry about it. its a big site and as you know theres lots to read about...people will come across it. did like the picture's tho .i never seen that tower to cheers for that

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
New Area 51 Do your Home Work

www.google.com... pl=2628l2628l0l5275l1l1l0l0l0l0l56l56l1l1l0

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
"Mission - Dugway's mission is to test US and Allied biological and chemical weapon defense systems in a secure and isolated environment. DPG also serves as a facility for US Army Reserve and US National Guard maneuver training, and US Air Force flight tests - mostly from nearby Hill AFB in Ogden. DPG is controlled by the U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC). The area has also been used by US Army Special Forces for training in preparation for deployments to the War in Afghanistan.[4]"

Seems like a shady ass testing/training facility for the military, i would not be surprised if there were things like huge underground bunkers or facilities.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

What is that tower?

That is actually pretty odd. To me it looks like it is constructed with some substantial structural rigidity, but isn't particularly optimized for radar and doesn't look like other radar towers.

What could use a strong tower with "Eiffel Tower" like steel-girder construction?

Form follows function, engineering and economics. Consider also the location. Why is it where it is? Shouldn't a radar tower be on an elevation? If it is an observation tower, where is the observation office and its windows, like an ATC tower?

Some pictures to think about, which may be illuminating.

ecx.images-amazon.com...

www.flickr.com...

edit on 1-11-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobw927
New Area 51 Do your Home Work

www.google.com... pl=2628l2628l0l5275l1l1l0l0l0l0l56l56l1l1l0

How about you do your homework. Dugway is not some new area 51, nothing every moved. That was a bad article by a writer who got lost trying to find the boundary and ended up at some locked ranchers gate, so he assumed it was shut down.

Area 51, Groom, whatever you want to call it, is still very busy, and very active.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

It looks sort of like a Radar Tower, honestly...

(Second Line)

And thats very likely what it is.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

if its a radar tower then why are there so many military guys questioning what this is?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApplesOnFire
reply to post by firepilot

if its a radar tower then why are there so many military guys questioning what this is?

Just because they are military, does not mean they automatically know what an unusual piece of equipment is, at an operating location that very few ever get to go to. It is not like everyone in the military is a radar technician on a radar cross section testing site.
edit on 2-11-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Thus far nobody has found a similar tower in the white or gray world, so it is hard to comment on what it does with any authority. We know it rotates, based on different photos (mostly google earth time snap shots). But we don't know how fast it moves since nobody has been on Tikaboo and watched it move.

Radar doesn't have to be done with dishes. For years they have used phased arrrays. [Beam forming for those that have studied DSP.] So a flat tower can certainly be used for radar. Why it would have to rotate is a good question.

The aircraft at Groom have their stealthiness checked in (at least) three ways. One is a static radar cross section (RCS). That is where the plane is put on a pole and hit with microwaves, then the reflections are measured. One theory is that the new large hangar is just an enclosed static RCS facility. Second is dynamic RCS, which can be done with the Dycoms or the Lincoln Labs N105TB aircraft. This is to check if as the plane moves, something is reflecting radar. [Door seals, control surfaces, even the exhaust plume.] The third test is the infrared signature of the aircraft. Some suggest this is done from the Papoose Mountain facility. Now it is possible this triangular tower is a phased array radar, perhaps doing dynamic RCS.

Note that you shouldn't be hot-linking images from Dreamland Resort in the ATS forum. That is copyrighted material. Remember, "fair use" is a legal defense, not a right. It would be fine to post a link to the page that contains the image.

I can get away with hot-linking my own links here since I'm the copyright owner.

I don't have a bandwidth charge, but many websites do, so when you hot link their image, they incur a charge but don't get the benefit of adverts (if they use them). More at

ask.metafilter.com...

I have been known to change images that have been hot-linked, usually to a the arse of a donkey (which technically is the arse of an arse).

I have a thread on ATS about Michael AFB (Dugway) being used as a UAV facility. It is not a secret. Of course, what they do there could have some secrecy since it is remote. The Gorgon Stare was test at DPG. So yes, stuff is going on at DPG, but that doesn't means nothing is going on a Groom. Every year the place gets bigger. Eventually they will be running more power to the base (new power lines from the east).

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I should point out that this triangular tower is of a height such that as you climb the nearby free territory such as Hawkeye Hill, you can't see the tower. Based on shadow comparisons, the tower is about 170ft.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
I should point out that this triangular tower is of a height such that as you climb the nearby free territory such as Hawkeye Hill, you can't see the tower. Based on shadow comparisons, the tower is about 170ft.

That's why I think it's a mooring post (temporarily one assumes) for the stealth blimp.

If you're doing radar RCS, you need more than one tower. You need a number of transmitters & receivers. I'd think you'd have a mesh over all sorts of angles.

The picture looks like there's a shaft in the middle (elevator?)---and cars/trucks drive up to it and away.

Rotation? Well, blimps are very very sensitive to wind, if you' a blimp and moored attached, you simply MUST have the ability to rotate all 360 degrees. Maybe the whole shaft connects to the 'docking port' on the crew capsule?

edit on 4-11-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

You need multiple sources to find a stealth aircraft, hence bistatic radar. But you can do RCS with one source.

You can see the emitters on the tower. If it was a mooring station, the spaces between the frame would be empty.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Anything which is related to alien or man-made technology will undoubtedly be placed underground where only a handful of people will have access to whatever it is. The depiction in films such as the recent movie based on Area 51 is likely to be a true representation of the types of underground chambers and rooms which are located in these vast military bases. Its amazing how many people seem to think that only relatively minor top secret projects can be carried out underground. In fact, that is far from the truth - you could virtually build a city underground and hide anything and everything you don't want the public to see.
edit on 4-11-2011 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by mbkennel

You need multiple sources to find a stealth aircraft, hence bistatic radar. But you can do RCS with one source.

Where's the receiver? And don't you think they'd be interested in bistatic detection too?

You can see the emitters on the tower. If it was a mooring station, the spaces between the frame would be empty.

But why are the supposed emitters apparently on the inside of the steel grid? Any transceivers should go on the outside with no metal impinging on them, otherwise, there's all sorts of anomalous scattering messing things up. I'd expect big obvious things with plastic covers on them like all other radar stuff but I don't see any.

In the second picture, it appears to be partially transparent, i.e. a girder construction, like a mooring post. In the center, a service shaft for loading fluids, A/C, power, cargo, people? I'm thinking it isn't mooring on the 'nose' of a hotdog like traditional zeppelins, but 'docking' near, but just a little aft of the nose on an inverted b2-shaped platform (i.e. cockpit on the bottom)

The triangle locks in to a port, and they connect the service items. Because it's locked into the docking port, then the entire tower needs to rotate when the blimp shifts with the wind.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join