It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was The Bible Written or Changed By the Illuminati?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Amenti

Were the Illuminati even around 2,000+ years ago?

The Bible as it is today was not written 2000 years ago, and yes, it was the Illuminati who kept the secret knowledge passed over from the last cataclysm when most of humanity perished. Some say they no longer exist, but I somehow think they do.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

reply to post by Amenti

Were the Illuminati even around 2,000+ years ago?

The Bible as it is today was not written 2000 years ago, and yes, it was the Illuminati who kept the secret knowledge passed over from the last cataclysm when most of humanity perished. Some say they no longer exist, but I somehow think they do.

The last book of the Bible was written in 95 AD. (Revelation) I'm not considering the OT books were manipulated, the Dead Sea scrolls found at Qumran show insignificant minor differences or are exactly the same as the OT books currently in the Tanakh.

I mean sure, I could have asked if the Illuminati were even around 4,000 years ago, but I'm not considering OT books here.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Friend, the book of Revelations was written on the Island of Patmos, Greece. That island is still today covered in Red Cap Mushrooms.. Now I don't know if you are aware of this, but Red Caps cause you to hallucinations, which explains the "visions" John had about everything.

Religion: Jesus as Mushroom

To some biblical scholars in Britain, the new book looked like the psychedelic ravings of a hippie cultist. To others, it was merely an outlandish hoax. One described it as reading "like a Semitic philologist's erotic nightmare." The object of all this learned scorn was The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross, which argues that Jesus was not a man but a hallucinogenic mushroom, Amanita muscaria; that the New Testament was concocted by addicts of the mushroom as a code for their mystical lore; and that the God of Jews and Christians is ultimately nothing more than a magnificent phallic symbol.

source

The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross

Mushrooms and Religion: Psilocybe, Conocybe, Stropharia, Panaeolus, Copelandia, etc.

I have read that all Early Christian Sects were Mushroom Cults. It is no wonder John had all of those horrific visions, eating Psilocybe Mushrooms will do that to you.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Wow. lol. Let's not even consider that John was a JEW and would never touch a mushroom let alone eat one.

Forget that for now, It's rather remarkable then that mushrooms could lead a man to write a book with a heptadic structure underlining the text that supercomputers couldn't replicate today.

Quite remarkable indeed.

edit on 28-10-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well, egg on my face. Apparently mushrooms are kosher, I can't edit my post above, too much time has passed.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

They may be kosher, but that doesn't mean he was eating them. The apocalypse was a well-established genre of religious literature, and any Jewish Christian would have been familiar with the apocalyptic style.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

They may be kosher, but that doesn't mean he was eating them. The apocalypse was a well-established genre of religious literature, and any Jewish Christian would have been familiar with the apocalyptic style.

Well, of course, I never took the post about mushrooms as more than a colorful conjecture anyways.

When I first made the statement I assumed the mushrooms spoken of grew from manure. Not till I read the article did I lean they don't grow from manure.

Suppose I have a lot more to learn about drugs. lol
edit on 29-10-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Wow. lol. Let's not even consider that John was a JEW and would never touch a mushroom let alone eat one.

You say that like you knew the man personally. Are you a time traveler? No, you are not. Face it, NOTurTypical, you are guessing, you do not know for certain. Have you ever read, "The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross," by Biblical scholar John Allegro? Allegro's concern is to show that Judaism and Christianity are such cultic expressions of this endless pursuit by man to discover instant power and knowledge, at any cost. Vary rarely, and then only for urgent practical purposes, were those secrets ever committed to writing. These secrets were passed down from priest to priest by word of mouth only. I think the original secrets were lost during the famous Jewish Revolt.
www.henrymakow.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...
www.citylights.com...
www.ancientworldreview.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You should have read all my responses before you posted:

When I first made the statement I assumed the mushrooms spoken of grew from manure. Not till I read the article did I lean they don't grow from manure.

NOTurTypical, you are guessing

Which is exactly what you did when you claimed John ate psychedelic mushrooms. One good guess deserves another??

edit on 29-10-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

Great video!! I agree 100% with the pure facts shown in this video and applaud you for making it. PM me as soon as we can for we have much to discuss.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Forget that for now, It's rather remarkable then that mushrooms could lead a man to write a book with a heptadic structure underlining the text that supercomputers couldn't replicate today.

Quite remarkable indeed.

edit on 28-10-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Opium poppies are also very prevalent on the Isle of Patmos. Naturally hallucinogenic substances have thrived in Asia and the Mediterranean since ancient times. I've always thought it curious that the Bible (both OT and NT) warns against drunkenness and abuse of strong drink, but there are no warnings to avoid these naturally growing plants. No admonitions to "beware the opium den", "eat not the magic mushroom", etc. Why not? Perhaps because the usage was an accepted practice...

There's no moral or religious reason to think that the author of Revelation WOULDN'T have ingested psychedelic substances. I believe that he did, hence the incredible imagery. Regarding your "heptadic structure" comment, I would compare the substance's influence on the ideas and imagery of Revelation to the fact that hallucinogenic substances influenced so many songs by The Beatles, especially Lennon; but that's not the same thing as writing the songs while under the influence. The substances bring about a change in perception, and the creative writer/musician naturally begins to incorporate that change of perception into their work, in various ways. Perhaps the 'divine inspiration' of the imagery/ideas of Revelation came to the author via these naturally growing substances. Later, in a lucid state, he used his skills as a writer to create the book of Revelation. For me (at least), that does not detract from the spiritual truth/reality of the book, in any way.
edit on 13-11-2011 by The Stache because: Spelling

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join