It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devil's Advocate - Alien Probes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I have just had an insight into the UFO subject, that I personally hadn't really thought of before. If ET's are so much more advanced than we are (i.e. they have capabilities of faster than light craft, etc..) then is it not logical to think that they also have extremely superior technological means of probing, without the need to actually send an actual being.

Looking at the space programs on Earth, one can see that the logical step in evoloution is to use robots first, than beings. I'm not using this as an arguement to disprove UFO's or anything, but you'd think that with all the reports, that if there were only SOME sightings deemed to be of manned craft, and/or actual EBE sightings, then there would be VERY MANY unmanned sightings involving Alien probes.

The only argument I can think of off the top of my head is that the sightings that have taken place are because the EBE's are well advanced enough to be confident to send manned missions, however I have a sense of discomfort because this also leads me to believe that the EBE's have less of a regard for life than us, and are more willing to put beings in harms way at the expense of exploration/learning/whatever other motives bring EBE's to Earth.

Thoughts anyone???

Spoonman

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The only argument I can think of off the top of my head is that the sightings that have taken place are because the EBE's are well advanced enough to be confident to send manned missions, however I have a sense of discomfort because this also leads me to believe that the EBE's have less of a regard for life than us, and are more willing to put beings in harms way at the expense of exploration/learning/whatever other motives bring EBE's to Earth.

Thoughts anyone???

Spoonman

Maybe ''they '' don't know the Entomologie

regards chapo

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
If all of this is true.....
Maybe no one has seen the EBE's at all. In the mostly horrid movie Communion, it was revealed at the end that the aliens would probably never actually be seen. Maybe that's their approach, people who have "seen" the EBE's through an abduction or whatever may not have seen the beings themselves. Maybe they saw a facsimile of the EBEs in their minds for some reason. In Arthur Clarke's Childhood's End the aliens had watched earth for some time and chose not to show themselves because they new the humans would think they were satanic in appearance. And that would certainly scare the crap out of the Earthlings. A good number of sighted craft sometimes appear to be too small to hold any occupants. I think the idea that the EBEs would use robotic craft like we use a UAV is certainly logical.

new topics

join