It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General strike in the US called for November 2

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bullcookies

Yes. everything worth doing revolves around the ease and comfort of Bullcookies. I'll send out the memo immediately.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Yes. everything worth doing revolves around the ease and comfort of Bullcookies. I'll send out the memo immediately.
Damn straight and don't forget it

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Why are you even going to bother posting in this thread if all you have to offer is negative comments? If you disagree you can do so with politeness and reason. Besides, if everyone were out protesting there would be no one for you to get in a car accident with, unless you were boozing it up prior to driving.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Well, sent the memo. They sent one back.

bite me

Tough luck, man. Guess you'll just have to avoid flying through windshields.

Not that the doctors would have seen you unless you could pay a forward premium anyway.
edit on 31/10/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Until the bad people literally force upon the "average joe" depression level changes, nothing will change. That the doom is already happened, but being floated by fairy tale debt, it just looms and looms. I find the wait annoying truth be told. Bust the debt, like Iceland, but even further! Just say NO to Debt! It's imaginary. Don't let it claim the world.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Isn't that what OWS is about,opposition, Me, Me. Me.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bullcookies

OWS most definitely = Me, Me, Me. Because the government says America = Them, Them, Them.

The whole thing is about reminding people that we ARE the government, the land, the power, we get to choose what is right and wrong. We get to choose how WE live. NOT the government, NOT the 1%.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

There IS a huge freakin difference between

"I want to have food for my kids I work two jobs what it wrong?"

AND

"I just want another few trillion in bailouts to disappear again, and oh yeah, we don't have to tell you what we're doing with it."

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Short answer: No.

Long answer: These are folks willing to have their skulls caved in, in an effort to increase the living standards of others, including yourself.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
It'd be really interesting to see this pulled off on a large scale. And I really hope you all still have a job afterwards.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Interesting bit of history about where I live now.
Seattle general Strike

Mayor Hanson had federal troops available and stationed nine hundred fifty sailors and marines across the city by February 7. He added 600 men to the police force and hired 2,400 special deputies, students from the University of Washington for the most part. On February 7, Mayor Hansen threatened to use 1,500 police and 1,500 troops to replace striking workers the next day, but the strikers assumed this was an empty threat and were proved correct. The Mayor continued his rhetorical attack on February 9, saying that the "sympathetic strike was called in the exact manner as was the revolution in Petrograd." Mayor Hansen told reporters that "any man who attempts to take over the control of the municipal government functions will be shot."

When there's potential that deciding "I won't go to work today" can lead to facing down men with guns working for the state to force you to change your mind, "continued employment" is kind of a minimal issue.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Unfortunately in order to have a successful strike with enough people involved, you are going to need a LOT of collective organisation, i.e unions, whom everyone on ATS seems to hate. An internet campaign to get people to strike will not have any effect. People who are not represented by unions wont have the same protections and will go into work for fear of losing their jobs, should they strike, which is totally understandable under the current economic circumstances.

Then when the union members go on strike they will be demonised for bringing the economy to a stand still.
edit on 31-10-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Ok, but how many people are going to be fired, if they do not show up to work? With the unemployment rate as bad as it is, companies know they will be able to fill the position fast.

I grasp the idea, but worry about the consequences.

That is put beautifully, Yes, and they know that. We the people have to find out the next solution to keep the (other) Unemployed from taking that advantage over us that want to make a difference.

Progression of the people is a must, Promote Change

HHmmmm. I think its in order for me to take to the streets of Anchorage, AK. Occupy Alaska I say!!!!!

I'm making my sign right NOW

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Unfortunately in order to have a successful strike with enough people involved, you are going to need a LOT of collective organisation, i.e unions, whom everyone on ATS seems to hate. An internet campaign to get people to strike will not have any effect. People who are not represented by unions wont have the same protections and will go into work for fear of losing their jobs, should they strike, which is totally understandable under the current economic circumstances.

Then when the union members go on strike they will be demonised for bringing the economy to a stand still.
edit on 31-10-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

"which is totally understandable under the current economic circumstances. " the current economic circumstances is what should drive them TO strike and help rebuild the system, or abolish it all together, which ever happens first. Because lets be honest here, no government is going to exist forever, at least not in the same way as which it was founded. Eventually "good" will prevail, then "evil", so on and so forth.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
If you are the government then I guess I should blame you for having half my arm blown off. But I don't. I worked intelligence for the government for many years. You should be more worried about living under Sharia Law or having to learn a new language. The things I know and have learned would keep most awake at night. After every great democracy comes a greater dictatorship. Our government and people keep making the same mistakes over and over. If you think OWS is the answer to you problems, Well be careful what you wish for you might get it. You might get a job you don't want and food you can't afford.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

And that's the "free market" ideal - forcing workers to compete against each other, rather than employers competing for workers. Nice form of wage suppression and disincentive to organize, that. feeds into the mythology that all us peons should be so very grateful to our bosses for employing us. Thankee massa suh, ise sho preciate you havins me on!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Since this is all a planned economic implosion, why should we wait until they have every single piece in place, and then THEY drop the hammer? That doesn't benefit anyone. It's exactly the kind of thinking they use to justify their sad trick of debt upon the people. It's mindless. It's suicide.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I worked intelligence for the government for many years. You should be more worried about living under Sharia Law or having to learn a new language.

And I used to work at a secret research lab where we manipulated the DNA of long-extinct animals. You think Jurassic park was something? pffft. And trust me, it's not "sharia" you have to worry about. It's these ornery bastards.

You might get a job you don't want and food you can't afford.

pretty much describes the current situation for a lot of people.
edit on 31/10/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
How would 1day of striking bring the government to a standstill? Hell they already operate off of imaginary money. They will just make more to cover the cost of the strike!!! Sorry folks gonna have to be longer than a day. Month maybe.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
How would 1day of striking bring the government to a standstill? Hell they already operate off of imaginary money. They will just make more to cover the cost of the strike!!! Sorry folks gonna have to be longer than a day. Month maybe.

Good idea! OP/Mods/TPTB should change the title to "Month Long Strike Against Government Starts November 2nd!"

<< 1    3 >>

join