It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor asks occupiers to leave (London, Ontario)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Mayor Joe Fontana says it’s time for occupiers to leave Victoria Park.

Following a meeting Wednesday morning with Police Chief Brad Duncan, Fontana said “we both agreed it was time.”

The occupiers protesting capitalism and big banks and poverty set up shop in the park several days ago. Many of them were housed in tents and were staying overnight, defying city bylaws about overnight use of the park.

www.lfpress.com...#/news/london/2011/10/26/pf-18880831.html

It will be interesting to see where this actually goes, there are a few other occupy protests in the surrounding areas of London.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm sure they'll just pitch their tents down the road. One mayor isn't going to stop the Occupy movement.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The mayor out here in Halifax, Nova Scotia has also sent an eviction notice to the occupyers. But there is in my opinion a good reason. he wants them to leave by November 6th. The reason, well the spot they are all camping at is where we usually hold our veterans day parade. The mayor even said they could use an alternate location to camp at, the halifax commons. It is still in downtown Halifax.

Now I have agreed with a lot of the things behind the occupy movement, but if these guys cant let the veterans have the location, that will be the end of my support for them.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread, I kinda went off on a little bit of a rant there didn't I......

join