It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School guard pepper sprays students

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

I'm 26. I recently attended high school and watched our good security guards to their jobs. She wasn't doing hers, and anyone that's ever worked security knows that. You do not use pepper spray in a crowd, period. In a crowd of 12 year olds, is just pathetic. It's got nothing to do with respect at all. You have a lack of respect for minors, and that is obvious. She was not acting accordingly, and they're covering it up to try to save her from having this go to court. If it goes to court, she will be held liable.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Yea, I was friends with his daughter. She went to the same school. I actually knew this guy outside of school. He did not get questioned a single time about anything. In fact, he was well liked, because he did his job. He did not intentionally spit in anyone's face. He broke up a fight and the guy told him, "but he spit in my face". He replied, "now look who's spitting in your face." He didn't really spit in his face to spit in his face, he went drill Sergeant on him and yelled so loud that half the school heard it. It just so happened that he gave the kid a bath in the process.

edit on 25-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
solution is very simple. You give the bullies a taste of their own medicine.

By this i mean you set up a team of high school kids to come in and deal with bullies by coming into there schools and picking on the bully like they pick on other kids..

nothing to violent. The rogue agent bullies would push him, rough them up a bit , embarss them infront of all the other kids , and keep doing that untill the bully comes to the teacher or security guard in tears...

then he will know what it taste likes and attitude adjustment occurs.

You move on to the next bully and repeat the steps. But you never let the kids know the rouge agents are just secret securiuty guards

making the event more traumatising. it forces empthy into the bully where he rejected or just didn't care enough about it before.

Everyone wins, bully learns a lesson .

the bullys victims get closure seeing that bully being punked by other kids and the whole school watching.

Its a win for everybody ! even the bully when he grows up realizes what a prick he was. But lucky with my method you spoon feed him that medicine alot sooner

instead of letting him making life living hell for some of the kids !

HOORAH?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

You assume this was bullying? Why? I would bet money it was a simple disagreement, not a case of bullying. Bullying doesn't often result in a fight, it often results in one student having underlying anger issues, and possibly eventually confronting the bully.

That's not how you handle any of this. You find a security guard that can do their job, and make the children realize that an adult can handle them. You don't need pepper spray, and you don't need to hurt anyone. If they're especially violent, you may need to either scare the heck out of them, or give them time to calm down. You seem to think that these kids are rug rats or something. The more you treat a child like an adult, and the more intelligence you use to deal with them, the better they will act and learn respect.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Personally I think they should pepper spray kids just for the hell of it. That'll teach those little s****. Seriously though, any of those kids could have taken a knife out and done a lot worse, good thing they were stopped before it could escalate.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

"I'm 26. I recently attended high school and watched our good security guards to their jobs. She wasn't doing hers, and anyone that's ever worked security knows that. You do not use pepper spray in a crowd, period. In a crowd of 12 year olds, is just pathetic. It's got nothing to do with respect at all. You have a lack of respect for minors, and that is obvious. She was not acting accordingly, and they're covering it up to try to save her from having this go to court. If it goes to court, she will be held liable."

Like i said earlier this is 2011 , the kids of the 60's 70' 80' and even early 90's are a differnt generation then the type of kids you have today .

They need a differnt method of dealing with them.

You see it as what? " lack of respect for minors" sounds like something an emotional women would say

i call it "tough love"

the differnce between me and you is

you rather sugar coat the right now , let the bs continue dealing with it in a fluffy way , and making there long term tainted with bad life experinces in dealing with situations only compounding the siutation

where i would rather hard coat the now for a stronger future which actually builds more respect in the long run.

Hard way is the only way .

You know when a child touches a hot stove the first time ? He learns pretty quick it hurts never to do it again right?

Whats wrong with that ? The child didn't die , he didn't get seriously hurt , and he learned a valuble lesson

and whats more better is he will have flash backs of the moment of the hot stove

jsut like the fights im sure the pain of the spray will kick in psychologically next time they feel they can start a fight .

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The difference between me and you is, I lead by example and know how to work with children. As was stated in the article, "treat them like animals and that's how they're gonna act". I'm 26, that means I graduated in 2003, not the early 90s.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

"You assume this was bullying? Why? I would bet money it was a simple disagreement, not a case of bullying. Bullying doesn't often result in a fight, it often results in one student having underlying anger issues, and possibly eventually confronting the bully"

It almost always starts out with bullying and built up anger , that gets unleashed after the thresh hold its peaked.

dirty looks , # talk , gossip , abuse , isolation , character assination etc ....

anger issues because the situation is dealt with in fluffy manners like you suggest.

"That's not how you handle any of this. You find a security guard that can do their job, and make the children realize that an adult can handle them. You don't need pepper spray, and you don't need to hurt anyone. If they're especially violent, you may need to either scare the heck out of them, or give them time to calm down. You seem to think that these kids are rug rats or something. The more you treat a child like an adult, and the more intelligence you use to deal with them, the better they will act and learn respect"

You mean thats not how a women with weak discipline would handle it ?

Do you not care about the security guards safety ? What if the guard was ambushed by the bullys friends ? do you know what kids bring to schools these days?

does the pepper spray disable them? does it take away there vision forever ? please temporary non leathal force nothing more.

rug rats? no hardly , they are just immature kids that need to know what discipline is , respect , and the fine line of what you can and can't do in school with other kids.

"The more you treat a child like an adult, and the more intelligence you use to deal with them, the better they will act and learn respect"

yup sure tell that to the kids who commit sucide from bullys who were not dealt with in the proper manner

tell that to the kids in the flash violent mobs how wrong it is !

kids are not that stupid or gullable they need to be dealt with in a manly manner. The fluffyness is what allows the bullys to get away with what they do .

indirectly people like you allow bullys to run rampid

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

"The difference between me and you is, I lead by example and know how to work with children. As was stated in the article, "treat them like animals and that's how they're gonna act". I'm 26, that means I graduated in 2003, not the early 90s."

Actually you see they were treated like animals and AFTER they ACTED like animals .

NOT before.

I could careless how old you are , or when you graduated it means zero to me. Your logic and reason is outdated and flawed.

You may be from the 90's but your thinking is from GRANDMA

Your leading by example is fail. Bullys run rampid .

edit on 25-10-2011 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

No it doesn't. I have a 14 year old sister, and she has never been bullied. She has been in scraps over disagreements with friends though. You're out of touch by about 20 years. Bullying is not often a violence issue. You may want to romanticize about the victim one day rising up and kicking the bullies butt, but it doesn't happen often.

No competent security guard would ever be ambushed by a group of 12 year olds. That statement is laughable.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

"No it doesn't. I have a 14 year old sister, and she has never been bullied. She has been in scraps over disagreements with friends though. You're out of touch by about 20 years. Bullying is not often a violence issue. You may want to romanticize about the victim one day rising up and kicking the bullies butt, but it doesn't happen often."

I've experinced it both hand. I've been bullied and i have bullied for a long time in school. I regret it now

Oh and there were plenty of fights direct result of BULLYING and being BULLIED and from what i seen from other kids who experinced the same demonisation.

I wish my solution was applied for when i was in school not jsut for me but the other kids ! I sure the hell would not have continued it aslong as i did. Going around school thinking im king sh it .

It would've ended the bullying alot sooner and made me realize the essence of empthy

fluffy methods are outdated and failboat.

Its 2011 new generations new thinking new methods to deal with it.

Why are you stuck in the stone age?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Grandma gives in to children at all times. I never give in to any child after I've given them an answer. I'm also not meek on discipline. I just know how and when to discipline. There is a such thing as too much. When there is too much or too extreme discipline, the child will simply become more unruly.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Learning how to stand up for yourself would've fixed the problem easily. It's something that children nowadays do not have a problem with, whether it be through direct aggression or passive aggression. Yes, they are getting smarter.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

Yea, I was friends with his daughter. She went to the same school. I actually knew this guy outside of school. He did not get questioned a single time about anything. In fact, he was well liked, because he did his job. He did not intentionally spit in anyone's face. He broke up a fight and the guy told him, "but he spit in my face". He replied, "now look who's spitting in your face." He didn't really spit in his face to spit in his face, he went drill Sergeant on him and yelled so loud that half the school heard it. It just so happened that he gave the kid a bath in the process.

Ironic since in the military he'd be trained to exert unequal force to anyone that got in his way. If someone spit on his face in a war zone he'd probably blow their head off under the pretext that the enemy combatant was using biological weapons.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

"Grandma gives in to children at all times. I never give in to any child after I've given them an answer. I'm also not meek on discipline. I just know how and when to discipline. There is a such thing as too much. When there is too much or too extreme discipline, the child will simple becoming more unruly"

i wish i could describe my childhood to you lol you would understand what "extreme discipline " really means.

Your discipline sucks lol simple as that. It won't fix anything all it does is sugar coat it over untill someone else has to deal with it down the road.

My methods are going to be branded into there brains. Not with extreme violence . But with careful psycholgical tactics to deal with the reward and discipline sectors of the brain and making it memorable enough that it sparks back up everytime the same situation comes up

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

He didn't really do anything except to physically break things up. No one was ever brave enough to get in his face. He looks like a more slender but equally muscular "Deebo" from Friday. I feel bad for anyone that would raise a hand to him in anger.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Turq1

He didn't really do anything except to physically break things up. No one was ever brave enough to get in his face. He looks like a more slender but equally muscular "Deebo" from Friday. I feel bad for anyone that would raise a hand to him in anger.

You don't seem to get my point. "He broke up a fight and the guy told him, "but he spit in my face". He replied, "now look who's spitting in your face."

The kid gets spit on, its "walk it off" and army guy gets spit on and its a different story.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

"Beat up those meany bullys that'll teach em!" riiight. I suppose that's why pepper spray was okay with you? Anyone fighting is obviously a big mean bully?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

If the army guy is fighting, then sure a little spit in his face from someone bigger than him might bring him back to reality. Which was why he was yelling at him so loudly to begin with.
It's actually more effective at teaching the person something than pepper spray.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Turq1

If the army guy is fighting, then sure a little spit in his face from someone bigger than him might bring him back to reality. Which was why he was yelling at him so loudly to begin with.
It's actually more effective at teaching the person something than pepper spray.

Yeah in a war zone a little spit might bring the army guy back to reality, right after he blows the other person's head off. My point is an obvious one: Hypocrisy. I guess spitting on students is a good way to bring them back to reality as well, only if you're out of cold water I suppose.

Well in this case yelling wouldn't have stopped the fight, pepper spray apparently did. They didn't use pepper spray as a teaching tool so what's your point?

edit on 25-10-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join