It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified remains Unicorn Mummy ? Discovered in a vintage, wood case ..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I will admit, that after watching it 3 or 4 times...it does look the part. But given all the prosthetics available to film makers etc now....it could well be anything.
Dr. Zeehc catalogue - Item Z793a ~ Unidentified remains ~ 09-03-2007 ~ On the first of September 2007 the team started the labelling and the photographic and video documentation of items in the North study of the estate of the late Dr. Zeehc, H. Ted in preparation for shipment to our lab... One of our most interesting discovery to date is the unidentified remains of what appears to be a juvenile unicorn... The mummified remains were discovered in a vintage, wood case (glass cover remove for documentation) and are 28cm by 16cm with spiral horns protruding from the head and snout regions... All items will be documented, packed and shipped to our lab where further documentation and testing will take place... Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Looks like a typical carny/sideshow gaff to me like the fiji and the pickled punks
Im a collector of the weird.. and I have 2 gaffs. They are so incredibly realistic. The old time ones are amazing.

who knows, we have living unicorns with goats and such, but they are only defects and not like a breed.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I don't know what to make of it.

Maybe an anomaly or a birth defect or a hoax?

I really don't know.

Bumping for other comments.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

To tell you the truth i have no idea what to make of it..But i thought it was interesting something different to show ATS
Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Thank you for posting Quickfix..This unicorn could be anyone of the things you have mentioned but it is unusual..Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Has to be a hoax IMHO. I don't think nature intended for horn-bearing animals be born with their horns! Can you say.... OUCH!

I'm new here and I'm not quite sure how embed pictures yet, but just goto google images and search for any horned animal when its young. For example, Bison Calf, a Kid/Goat or even Bambi, lol.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It's a fake. Story here

Looks as though this guy is a professional sideshow creator.
Sorry.

ETA: I've added a side by side comparison of the subject from the Youtube Vid, and the creation made by Dethcheez on deviantART.

If you know/knew that the video is/was indeed a fake, then you may want to edit your thread title, removing the "?"
And the giraffe is the only animal born with horns (that I know).
edit on 24-10-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I wonder if the tests will include if it shoots rainbows out it's back side? A star because well you are so Unicorn!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MrUteTribe

I'm not going to say its a hoax because i just don't know ..But you might be right ..Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
It's a fake. Story here

Looks as though this guy is a professional sideshow creator.
Sorry.

Some of these gaff creators seem to have an abnormally high artistic aptitude and a knowledge of human/animal anatomy that is pretty amazing. Good find

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Thats his completed Mummified Unicorn Display not the one shown in the video..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Aww thanks! Hey its just as good as some of the other things that have been put on this site
Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I'm sure its a hoax but if it is its a very well done one and who ever did it knew alot about animal anatomy Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Like someone already stated, No four legged animal is born with its horns already, they grow after birth, weird though

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

Yeah i thought it was weird also..like i said something diffrent for Ats to look at
Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
HOAX without a doubt. The skin is white if it was a dead animal the skin darkens to a dark color almost black. If it was wrapped like a mummy the wrap would of turn dark. I am sure animals are not born with horns would kill the mother pushing it out then no milk. Don't get me wrong there could of been real unicorns at one point in time but this clearly isn't one the horn isn't the right scale for the body the taxidurmist did a decent job attaching the horn but i could of swore the old method of fake unicorns involved the tooth of (norway whale)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
reply to post by abeverage

Aww thanks! Hey its just as good as some of the other things that have been put on this site
Peace,sugarcookie1

Absolutely.. and in this section the gaffs are my fave posts!
I meant nothing negative about your post.. to me, the more people that question a certain thing, the better it is and the better the skill of the artist is. Im personally not ruling out a congenital abnormality for your post.

Justa fyi
One thing that many dont now is that its EXTREMELY hard to "mummify" something naturally. Even "mummified" things you find are actually decaying.. just slowly. Natural mummies are hard to find, but prepared ones are obvious. IE natural mummies like the bog bodies that were just in the perfect location at the perfect time or prepared like egyptian mummies). You can buy a gaff and youll know a fake mummy gaff.. AKA a real thing that is so-called mummified thing but really an amalgamate thats prepared or birth defect of something thats slowly decaying and dessicated someone found somewhere or it died soon after birth and was kept for novelty. Like a 2 headed dessicated calf. It might last a while.. but it will eventually get icky. Prepared gaffs are some of the most interesting things you can see and they last a long long time imo! People find "mummified" cats or critters sometimes when you buy a historic home and have double brick walls. Ask me.. thats how I found my first "mummy".. unfortunately most naturally dessicated mummies arent mummies and rot at a slow pace in most circumstances. Yeck.. ( sorry for any confusion.. Im trying to word it correctly while doing 3 things at once online!) Its the difference between a natural unknown critter being found and a taxidermied amalgamate.

check this out since you seem interested in the whole unicorn thing:

www.foxnews.com...
yourmotivational.com...
www.43things.com...
www.vyperlook.com...

These things just happen

edit on 24-10-2011 by Advantage because: added sumpin

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Well spotted Fugitive. (Dethcheez on deviantART)

But I think the giveaway, may have been the "Dr"'s name in the vid??...

Dr. Zeehc H.Ted ????

GTD

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Most of the reason i posted this video is when i saw it i went wow this is neat and i should share this and no i don't believe this unidentified remain to be real but it is interesting!
Also when i saw this it brought back memories of being a little girl again and wishing i had a Unicorn to fly all over the world on
I use to own all kinds of pictures and stuffed animals of Unicorn's what a neat fantasy

Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
That and most animals aren't born with horns, they grow and then shed the velvet, and the process continues. en.wikipedia.org...(anatomy)

<<   2 >>

join