It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any mystery creatures in Washington? (besides Bigfoot)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I moved back to Washington state almost a year ago and have been active on this forum for a month or two, so I thought I would check if anyone knows about any mystery creature sighting in Wa? Not bigfoot, of course, and I have read quite a bit about lake monsters that supposedly used to be here, which I might put together a post on some time. Also I already know about giant octopi (not that giant) and the giant palouse earthworm (not as scary as the mongolian death worm).

I am looking for reports of thunderbirds, black cats, flying snakes, anything like that that has been reported in my state. Washington is fairly big and has lots of undeveloped land (for the moment) and varied terrain, so there should be some sightings, but maybe it's too cold for a lot of these creatures.

I wait with suspense.
edit on 24-10-2011 by CB328 because: added info

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
By your title I thought you meant
Washington DC, lots of mystery
creatures there.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Don't know about any legends or mythical entities from Washington but there is this guy!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Ogopogo, google it.

2nd line

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

That's the one I was trying to remember. Thanks...

I read somewhere a few years back about a big bird sighted back in the late 19th century, over on the west side. But I'm darned if I can find it now... Palouse earthworm, I'd forgotten about that one.

But Sasquatch is by far the king of the mystery animals.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
Ogopogo, google it.

2nd line

Ogopogo is in Lake Okanagan here in BC, Canada. Not in Washington

Try Caddy, a serpent that frequents the Pacific coastline.
edit on 24-10-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I live in WA and have heard a few stories by very credible people. Like the husband of my uncles' boss who is an engineer at Boeing (my uncle). But like I said his boss' wife told me some VERY interesting stories. I've always wondered about ogopogo too tho. Especially because I went to college in Ellensburg which is in the eastern washington dessert even tho I live on the west side. But I heard if you drive up north past Wenatchee into B.C, there's still some dessert there. They call it the the "Canadian Pocket Dessert" because it's only like 25 square miles of dessert but it does have cactuses and is the very northern tip of the sonoran dessert. Any of you Cannucks live around Vernon or Verona or whatever the town is that is in that part of the dessert. I've only seen a few pics of cactuses in B.C. but if you have more I wanna see!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

There's lots of desert here. Vernon is the hottest place in Canada and is pretty much all desert, but desert areas can be found all over near rivers in the southern interior of BC. Of course, most of it isn't considered desert because it's not at a certain elevation level but I consider an area mostly covered in sand, shrubs and cactus as desert around here.

Considering the apparent sasquatch population in BC, there's probably some around Washington too. I've heard a few weird native stories about things in the bush so maybe they have good stories in Washington state too.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

whatevs, close enough

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I am also in Washington State and have heard of the "Thunderbird". From what I was able to find it is a Native American legend.
The size, of course, varies but usually has a 20-30 foot wingspan. Looks like either a condor or eagle. And it has has a habit of hauling deer sized animal (and humans) into the air with ease.
I will look again into where I got the info and post a link once I find it.

Also I read a (somewhat) recent report of a teenager attacked by one of the Thunderbirds. If I remember correctly the only reason the bird let the kid go was because the person wouldn't stop struggling and the bird lost it's grip (theory from the acticle, I believe). Once again I will try and find some sort of evidence of my memory.
edit on 26/10/11 by Ark005 because: Just remembered something.

join