It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless Man Stabbed as NYPD Cops Watch Uselessly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I came across this video and couldn't believe that the Police did little to stop this homeless guy from being attacked.

It seems that the Police are happy to beat the crap out of unharmed peaceful protestors, but reluctant to immediately intervene when someone is being attacked by a knifeman.

Unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I think there is already a thread on this....did you do a search before posting?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Yes, I used the title of the thread in the search and no results came back.

Thanks for the heads up though!!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

If I was there I'd probably be in jail right now..

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
New York Pu$$y Department wtf was that?? there very quick to beat peaceful protesters of the street, but to stand and watch a guy getting stabbed while you hold a 9m glock is crazy then they dont give the man medical attention straight away god bless the people of NY.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

You would think that all the people standing around directing the Police would have tried to do something also?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by caladonea

Yes, I used the title of the thread in the search and no results came back.

Thanks for the heads up though!!

You have a really good attitude....I like that! You are a kind person.

Unfortunately....there are some people that join the police force for sadistic reasons.....you can telly by their actions.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ballistic vests or undershirts are next to useless in a knife type fight. (Stab wounds, more so than slash.) So I can see their reluctance to get in melee with the perpetrator.

Why they didn't shoot is a wonder, and I did not see a single tazer holster on the police present at the start and those that showed up.

Using pepper spay might have been an option, if the victim was not in such close proximity.
(Or the hit him with your stick option.)

Also you have to wonder if the officers were 'rookies' as likely most of the experienced police are over at Walls Street.

I'm of mixed opinion on this vid, there are a lot of things they could have done, but the most telling thing is that they didn't kill anyone or put anyone else in danger.

Good response time though for the back up.

M.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If this was in New Mexico, not only would those two be shot, the crowd would probably get it as well...Yeah, we have a cop shooting problem here...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
i hate the police.... on the 15th, an officer here in ATL shot an unarmed19 year old in the back 3 times.. he's dead..

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

You could be right regarding the Officers being Rookies as they looked completely out of their depth.

I guess an experienced officer would probably had shot the guy.

That being said, I would have expected scenarios such as this being part of the training?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I've seen this video, I wish more people were aware that this happened! Has this been posted on any main stream news websites like CNN, FOX, ABC, etc.? Anyone know how the victim is doing?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I shared this video on my facebook page, and a minute later my friend's sister posted a comment on it with some stupid joke. It made me ashamed of the human race... She's only 14 so I can understand the immaturity, but it's like the video didn't even phase her. This world is breeding a group of desensitized children/people. It's a shame, man.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
Ballistic vests or undershirts are next to useless in a knife type fight. (Stab wounds, more so than slash.) So I can see their reluctance to get in melee with the perpetrator.

Why they didn't shoot is a wonder, and I did not see a single tazer holster on the police present at the start and those that showed up.

Using pepper spay might have been an option, if the victim was not in such close proximity.
(Or the hit him with your stick option.)

Also you have to wonder if the officers were 'rookies' as likely most of the experienced police are over at Walls Street.

I'm of mixed opinion on this vid, there are a lot of things they could have done, but the most telling thing is that they didn't kill anyone or put anyone else in danger.

Good response time though for the back up.

M.

I agree... the crowd being so close and not moving back does not help at all either.
But I bet if that was a police officer being stabbed the guy would have been shot dead and fast!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It looks bad but aren't they supposed to try to talk a person down first so that they don't do more harm? From what I can tell the knife was in between the mans throat and shoulder escalating the attacker could have ensured the victim would now be dead. It would be interesting to hear from a police officer on ATS on this one.

Stop making the cops the enemy because if it ever comes down them having to choose between us and them it may not be so difficult to turn your back on someone that called you a pig.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yeah there is no excuse for them not intervening... they may have been rookies or not. They should be trained for these situations.

A simple kick to the head or smash with a baton to the face would have sorted that situation out.

To be honest in europe the people have the right to kill someone under the human rights act. People have a right to live. If someone is taking someone elses life away then you would have the right to stop that person via, kick to the head or worse gun shot to the head. Why where they fighting?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Already Posted Here

Yeah beat you to it.
What's the point in having a gun if you aren't going to use it.
That cop needs to hand in his gun, badge and man card.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Cops are in a no win situation all the time. If they would have shot at the perp at a moment when there was a sudden movement, they would have been "murderous pigs".

For the "pussy" comments and "out of their league" comments- I would love to see how you would respond in half of the scenarios these guys face everyday. That being said does not mean I am naive enough to believe there are no incompetent cops on the force, but most of these guys see some pretty crappy elements of society everyday.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

That scenario reminds me of the movie Crash. Where Matt Dillon's character pulls over a woman, they feel her up, then a couple of days later, the woman's car is in a massive car wreck and Matt Dillon is the officer that is rescuing her.

It goes to show that you never know who might save you or what could happen in a "small world". Still, cops are stupid pigs. So I'm ready to take that heat. They're useless to me.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So the cop yells at a bystander actually trying to help? I've gotta get off ATS for now because every OP seems to be ticking me off.

Hell on Earth is becoming more of a reality day by day. God help us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join