It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

content going downhill???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey_Pilgrim

Originally posted by American Mad Man
how many conspiracies are believable? I mean, whole subjects on this site are dubious at best (NWO, Paranormal studies, and my personal fav, Cryptozoology and Mythical beasts.........I mean come on!!!! MYTHICAL BEASTS!?!?!?!?!?!? :lol

Hmmm, mythical beasts is certainly a bit extreme in the plausibility stakes.......But, you're saying cryptozoology is a dubious subject too? Interesting that you are not closed to the idea of aliens, yet seem to think cryptozoology is bunkum! Double standards methinks.

Ok, what about Carcharadon Megalodon to give you ONE example? It's extinct and therefore can be included under the cryptozoology umbrella as an object of study. However a number of scientists **think** it may not be. They do not see any reason for why it doesn't still live out there somewhere. THAT'S an excample of a typical cryptid. It's not dubious, nor is it implausible or the ramblings of an idiot. Granted, some cryptids probably are the brainchild of idiots, but don't discount the serious research so readily.
See www.strangemag.com...
Or www.flmnh.ufl.edu...
Or try Google for plenty more info!!

I can't be bothered looking for links to all the sites giving you info on serious research into cryptozoology, but try the ones below. They detail recent findings and provides news on how **scientists** are conducting serious **research** into the subject right now! Cryptozoology is the study of hidden animals, be them new species or sub-species or creatures we thought were extinct.
Try: www.cryptozoology.com...
Or: www.pibburns.com...

Yes, I'm irritated because the serious subjects end up being tarred with the same brush as the ones which should be treated with derision. Please think before you post!

[EDIT]It's comments like yours which are why the content is perhaps suffering. Too many people debunking subjects by just saying they are nonsense, yet providing no actual reasoning for their scepticism or mockery.

Please backup your statement with some reason for why cryptozoology is "dubious".
[/EDIT

Grey Pilgrim

[edit on 31/8/04 by Grey_Pilgrim]

And this was my WHOLE point. That what for some is believable is not for others - did you even read my post?

As for getting irritated about cryptozoology - I believe I singled out MYTHICAL BEASTS, with the emphesis on MYTHICAL.

Please don't get mad, I am simply trying to prsent the idea that differing ideas may lead to differing beliefs - I hardly think that you can argue otherwise.

PS - As far as my coment about being open to the idea of aliens - I never said I thought they were coming here, or the greys were taking over or anything like that. Just that I am open to the idea.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
While novellty does wear off and there are cyclic periods, I'm afraid ATS is experiencing a slow, but gradual, downward trend in quality. The problem with the "put up or shut argument" is that one person can't single handedly reverse this decline. It takes a majority of the members. This is why when a 7 week old member notices something like this, it's time for another ATSNN exclusive, another website or something.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asclepius
Is it just me or has there been alot less really 'realistic' conspiracies and stuff getting posted lately and alot of threads which seem to be people either repeating or posting dumb stuff jsut for the sake of it?

So get out there in the trenches and post some interesting content.

Don't expect to be blown away every day. Really interesting stuff does pop up fairly often though, and you need to check back in often to find it. Don't let a few bad post or negative comments discourage you.

Also have you looked at ALL of the older content. There's tons of good stuff if you look around here.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I've been around ATS for quite some time (found the site and have been referencing it for about 3 years now).

I think we are just in one of those cycles where we get people who post stuff like:

Originally posted by Acceptance
There is no NWO. Goodluck fighting them.

(yep... that's the ENTIRE quote! From www.abovetopsecret.com... )

I've noticed as of late, that there are alot of peeps going to sections like UFO's, even thogh they don't even believe in UFO's, and just posting garbage, calling everyone a lunatic for believing, etc. It always happens, but there's been quite a rash lately. It just seems to come in waves... nearing the Election month, I'd expect a whole new array of theories to start popping up... and my guess will be anything from "Bush is a warewolf!" to "Kerry selling kids to Aliens for votes from shapeshifters", LMAO!

Wait til halloween... Cryptzoology will get flooded, as well as Religion and Paranormal studies. Just nearing the end of the summer... all the fun is becoming redundant

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
And this was my WHOLE point. That what for some is believable is not for others - did you even read my post?

As for getting irritated about cryptozoology - I believe I singled out MYTHICAL BEASTS, with the emphesis on MYTHICAL.

Please don't get mad, I am simply trying to prsent the idea that differing ideas may lead to differing beliefs - I hardly think that you can argue otherwise.

PS - As far as my coment about being open to the idea of aliens - I never said I thought they were coming here, or the greys were taking over or anything like that. Just that I am open to the idea.

American Mad Man,

Sorry, my bad. I took your post out of context and apologise for the misunderstanding.

Cheers,
Grey Pilgrim

top topics

<< 1   >>

join