It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women banned from talking about abortion online

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
What happened to freedom of speech?

What happened to confidential conversations with your doctor?

Anti-choice politician uses a spending bill to tell women and doctors they can’t communicate about abortion access through the nation’s communications systems

Nancy Keenan, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America, said Sen. DeMint’s amendment is similar to one the House of Representatives voted to insert into an agriculture bill on June 17. The amendment could bar discussion of abortion over the Internet and through videoconferencing, even if a woman’s health is at risk and if this kind of communication with her doctor is her best option to receive care.

This makes me really, really nervous. I don't care what your opinion is on abortion, the infringement on civil rights is the complaint!

Original Article

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
From illegal random searches in the streets to the right to chose what food to eat and what medical care to get, we are slowly turning into a nation run by corporate dictators.

Interesting, that this happens when people do not pay attention to the corrupted whores we elect in government bought up by the interest that prowl Washington.

I guess the whores in congress will have to amend free speech to pass this one, because otherwise it can be challenged.

what can we do when corrupted law makers get to make laws, we keep protesting and fighting back.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I really don't see this one getting past.
I don't know enough about the workings of the internet, but how could they enforce this?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The idea is indeed frightening on many levels, abhorrent on many the same.
Gov needs to get out of our butts, and every other part of our bodies.

Anything inside of you that you put inside of you through recreation, or purpose, whether that be a substance, object, or genetic material, should be the sole sovereign territorial subject of said body it is inside and subject to all decisions made by such body without interference of any other opinions, ideas, or laws by a governing territory, or federal state.

Note: the previous statement could cover anything from coffee, cigarette smoke, medical, or aesthetic implants, as well as unwanted cell division and growth in the uterus, and many other things. What's inside your body, is under your jurisdiction to invite or evict, whichever way you want.

edit on 20-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I am quite a left leaning liberal, but I thinks it might be time to purchase some guns before it's too late.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

[This post has been censored by the State Department because it involved the topic of abortion]

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

I can't see this getting passed either. ACLU would go berserk.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Just another piece of evidence that points to the fact that the GOP is all for supporting the Constitution, freedom and family values, as long as they are CERTAIN freedoms, PARTICULAR family values and SOME areas of the Constitution...

This party is anti-freedom, anti-individual responsibility and anti-Constitution, no matter what they pay lip service to.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
I am quite a left leaning liberal, but I thinks it might be time to purchase some guns before it's too late.

I totally agree with you, but don't just purchase. Also find a range and learn how to shoot. Right now, if you are a total gun noob, you can get good lessons from someone with years of experience. In my area, the range will have a staff member work with you at the rate of $18.00 per hour. Probably not too different for the rest of the U.S.

At the rate we are going, what with the thread about TN random stops/searches, the several threads on vitamin restrictions and food growing restrictions, now this, lack of freedom of speech online despite the fact there could be a medical need, makes me wonder if all the sudden it will become harder to get trained up on using a gun.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

oh, I know how to shoot, the military is good for some things!!

I know we all have a wide varying degree of different views in this country, but there comes a time where we all can come together and see the government is way out of line. they are doing things that the constituents are not asking them to do, they are no longer "for us".

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

Excellent! Sorry for assuming by your post that didn't own meant didn't have training!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

I am also very liberal and have been pro gun control my whole life and I have been thinking about going to the local range and learning how to use a gun. I still hate guns...HATE them but, this road we seem to be going down scares me.

On topic, I find myself increasingly drawing lines in the sand with our government even Obama who I thought would lead us away from this craziness. My bottom line with abortion has always been if you think it is wrong don't have one. What scares me is that I can see it passing. Our freedom is shrinking.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Always good to learn a new skill Kali and expand your abilities while you still can. I know I'm off topic on my own post here, but this topic as well as the vast amount of others adds up to scary in my mind.
edit on 10/20/11 by Ameilia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
In an agricultural bill? Seriously?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm not seeing any other links from the article linked in the op.

I was wanting to read the actual proposal but can't seem to find it. I found this (under the tab, "Issues and Legislation") bills sponsored by Jim DeMint but still not finding anything, lol.

Could someone could post a direct link of this appropriations bill?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
I'm not seeing any other links from the article linked in the op.

I was wanting to read the actual proposal but can't seem to find it. I found this (under the tab, "Issues and Legislation") bills sponsored by Jim DeMint but still not finding anything, lol.

Could someone could post a direct link of this appropriations bill?

Here is a link to the House Status and Summary of Bill 2112 Link

And here is the link (found inside the above link) of the amendment, which is 768. All it says is the purpose will be listed when it is actually discussed. Link

So I suppose we can watch here and see when the actual text is posted.
edit on 10/20/11 by Ameilia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

The amendment could bar discussion of abortion over the Internet and through videoconferencing, even if a woman’s health is at risk and if this kind of communication with her doctor is her best option to receive care.

I'm trying to find a secondary source on this as this is from a pro-choice website. I am pro-choice, but I'd still like multiple sources on this. So far most have been coming from liberal websites.

Nevertheless, if De Mint is proposing this, he is WAY ahead of his head. I don't know what to say about this... but I'm trying to find more information.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Dude, I'm anti-abortion...but no politician has the right to dictate to doctors and patients what they can talk about when it comes to this or any other issue.

I'm telling you government is getting way too big.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The bill also includes telling women what age they can and cant start there periods and continues to dictate to amount of children a woman MUST produce.

Nah im kidding, but jeeeeeezus!
Cant understand the tactics of Anti-abortionists - Even if you outlaw it or try to hide the fact that its happening, you dont honestly think people will stop seeking them?? Your trying to mess with someones personal choice - They'll do what THEY wanna do, not what you think they should do.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Get ready for worse if a repub gets office next term... They are going to send us back to the dark ages.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join