It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell was that!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
9 years ago (when i was 8)me and my family were coming back from a trip to Texas. We stopped in a resting area and i got out of the car to go to the bathroom. I noticed there were roaches on the floor so i ran all the way till i got to the entrance of the boys bathroom. I was like 10 feet away when all of a sudden a freken roach that was like 8 inches long and 4 inches wide just scutled accross the floor. I got so scared that i ran all the way back to the car and got my dad to come with me to bathroom.

So does any one know what i saw? Is there a queen roach or somthing? Did that roach that i saw go in nuclear waste and mutated? What the hell! Can you guys PLeazzzz give a reasonble explanation!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that it was just a regular roach. It's the same as putting a midget next to Yao Ming. Some Roaches are just bigger than others. Ever see the size of Mosquitos in Louisiana? They're etremely large compared to regular ones.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Sure it was a cockroach? Some beetles grow that big.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Sure it was a cockroach? Some beetles grow that big.

Coming to think of it i think it could have been. I just got like a 3 second glimpse then i sterted to take of. So Iam just gonna think it was a beetle for now on.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It could have been a palmeto bug or a flying cockroach....those suckers get huge - especially in the south....I saw one the other day skipping down the street and singing

aod

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I don�t know what it was. But I have too seen big bugs. I have gone to a horseback riding camp for the last 3 summers and I always see big bugs ther. Ones I saw a wasp the size of a small bird and the flies are hugh. The wasp scared me a little bit, I�m usally don�t scared of getting stung but being stunged by that thing that scaerd me. I wonder why the bugs became so large there so I talkt to the others on the camp but they didn�t bother about it and not even my one dad belived me about the large wasp even tough it had flown over us all during dinner. On the way home I remeberd when I saw a sign thet there is a nukeclear powerplant nearby. Maybe it had something with the gigent bugs to do. I�m not shure.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
He he, yep sounds like a darn big bug. If you like big bugs though, come down to Africa with me (i've lived here all my life and I STILL get the creeps)
You guys ever heard of a parktown prawn?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Well we have things in Australia that are "bigger than Texas", so to speak. Maybe one of our critters hitched a ride to where you are?

Welcome to the world's biggest roach, domiciled in DownUnderLand - check it out -

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Lol, I lived three years in Sydney when I was little, and omg the roaches that swarm over there are HUGE.
Still gives me the creeps to even think about it

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I still remember some big buggies, and roaches especially, in Saudi...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
their are some dragon flies that grow way past there normal size. i saw something on tv about like in the jurrasic period the dragon flies were as big as modern lions.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   
LIONS!? oh my god crazy!! I want one of those as a pet!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by k33l
LIONS!? oh my god crazy!! I want one of those as a pet!

Me to!!I want 10!!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I, too, have heard about the giant dragonflies, but I also heard something contradicting that. Something about there being a limiting factor on the size of creatures with exoskeletons because of the increased volume : surface area ratio. I seem to remember something about the biggest tarantulas being the largest exoskeleton creature possible without significant strength/thickness increase on the outside. I'd believe this because the giant earthworms in Africa are much more 'scaley' than their membranous counterparts.

That being said, it seems like it would hinder flight.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
God I'd really love to have a nice flight on the back of one of them! Maybe with a cowboy hat and a lasso! Giddaaaaaaaap!

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
[edit on 7-9-2004 by Weller]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by aod
On the way home I remeberd when I saw a sign thet there is a nukeclear powerplant nearby. Maybe it had something with the gigent bugs to do. I�m not shure.

Contrary to comic book legend, nuclear radiation doesn't do anything cool. It pretty much just destroys your cells and gives you radiation sickness, cancer, burns, and other nasty things.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
GAh I hate big bugs!
Well most of them anyway...
If it makes an audible noise when I step on it its to big!
Cockroaches scare me though. The way some peope are scared of spiders I'm scared of cockroaches (I wonder what the cockroach equivalent of arachnophobia is?). Giant cockroaches are one reason why I dont think I could live in the south.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Off subject:

Seeking Soul,,,that is about the cutest puppy I have ever seen, what kind of dog is that? Im in love.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

their are some dragon flies that grow way past there normal size. i saw something on tv about like in the jurrasic period the dragon flies were as big as modern lions.

Jeeeezzzzzuuuuusssss!!!!! Good job Peter Parker didnt get bitten by one of those things then!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join