It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Toronto Day 2 - Photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hey all, wanted to share photos I took today at the Occupy Toronto event.
It was a healthy day of protesting, co-operation with the police, peaceful and well organized. It was a lot of fun.

In one day the whole park has turned into a mini society, there is a library, places to make art and signs with donated supplies, there is a kitchen serving soup and sandwiches all day (for free), there are rows of porta-potties, a village of tents, a meditation spot off to the side, and there are well organized meetings being held in a civil manner, everyone sharing their side, everyone listening. If you dont agree with the protests, that is fine, but I suggest all visit their local occupy event, and feel this very warm experience of brother/sisterhood - and if nothing else try and enjoy the photos for photos.

zero arrests in Toronto btw

edit: if anyone is curious. I shot with a Canon 50D through a 100mm 2.8
Day 1 Pics

so awesome lol

edit on 17-10-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
OK its fixed

comfused the image name for the image location
edit on 16-10-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hahah that "POLITE" guy is frickin funny!

Good stuff

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Yeah it was hilarious, and they even went and stood where the cops were so it confused me for a half second then I burst into laughter

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
where have I seen that Anon stencil before...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Its wierd to see people in those masks sort of lurking all over.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Wow. Amazing photographs. Not talking the situation thats happening...I mean your photo taking skills are amazing! Very impressive!

I walked by the camp out in the park just now on my way home from work. Great to see so many people standing up, and waking up.

One question...where did they get all the porta-johns?? lol. I'm seriously interested to know! There's like 20!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

I dont know precisely who donated them, but I know somehow they came up with the money to rent them, they are pretty clean too. There have been many cash donations to the cause, I dont know from who. That the park is on, is owned by that Anglican church, and the top priest in Canada personally said the land can stay occupied, camping and all. The church is also supplying water to the kitchen. Its pretty cool but also wierd there is so much support lol I am truly surprised.

edit: and thanks for the compliment on the photos

edit on 17-10-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
yeah the reason these t are all geting so much suport is becuas people staring to relize what all the fuss is about. i mean when middle america sees a younger female being abducted into a bank by strange men and then police assist it

the world is shakeing ther chains

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

yeah man some people were joining the protest as we walked it was cool people are taking notice.

top topics

join