It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OccupyAboveTop Secret

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hey folks Its clear this Occupy movemnt is turning into somthing... what? well that seems to be hard to pin down at this point
As long as an Occupy_ _ _ _ threads keep geting cranked out lets try and keep a cool head . almost feel like im preaching the quiore.

A lota folks say that this movment is all hijacked or that its not what it seems. please by all means post some some theorys . at this point the mainstream media still seems to ignore the valididty of it all . to me that says that thay gota be doing somthing right but hey we shall see

I would like to really get behind this thing but like many other posters have questioned, What is OWS really trying to do ?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

Come to boston tomorrow

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
yeah? have you goten out to the Occupy boston
i think i might have to

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

From the mouths of the actual creators, and still organizers, despite what the mass media is trying to spin.

Our mission is to cut through the fog of mental pollution, changing the way information flows in our society. With incisive philosophical thrusts, activist commentaries and visual mindbombs from around the world, we want to enlighten you, enrage you and enlist you in creating a new future. We hope Adbusters is a kick in the head, a life changing epiphany and a compelling call to arms.

www.adbusters.org...

Get Involved
edit on 14-10-2011 by DrunkNinja because: In Soviet Russia forum edits you

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I would also like some clarity from those who believe it is all another conspiracy; that by protesting in these movements you are just another sheep working for the shepherds agenda

I dont buy that- and I am tired of the posts with videos of protesters trying to prove they are all just dumb hippies or commies who hate capitalism- there are many different people at these protests if I want to see the blind ones I will watch the news.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
i feel at even at this point the protesters have already done a lot
its has not been sence the sixtys when this sort of a thing was takeing place
its quite excelerating*

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Yeah man, I always wished I could go back and experience the 60's, or at least figure out why my parents were not hippies in such a time! Unfortunately they were boring, too busy having me and my siblings

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
the police burtalty videos are out right sicking and thay realy do give you an idea of just how intense it is on the front lines of "peaceful" protest

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrunkNinja

From the mouths of the actual creators, and still organizers, despite what the mass media is trying to spin.

Our mission is to cut through the fog of mental pollution, changing the way information flows in our society. With incisive philosophical thrusts, activist commentaries and visual mindbombs from around the world, we want to enlighten you, enrage you and enlist you in creating a new future. We hope Adbusters is a kick in the head, a life changing epiphany and a compelling call to arms.

www.adbusters.org...

Get Involved
edit on 14-10-2011 by DrunkNinja because: In Soviet Russia forum edits you

Classic esoteric rant that makes no sense. Thanks for summing up OWS. I think the future that you envision is best kept in the communes of Northern California. Create your own sublculture and micro govt. and have a field day!!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Yeah man its really crazy. I am not a front line person, not going to go yelling in peoples faces. My method of protest is meditation. My ideal protest would be to create a mini society in public spaces "showing" the society I want to live in, eat good healthy food, meditation, art, dancing, no need to run around yelling about one agenda or another, it might seem to passive, but I dont think an enlightened society is built on ideas, rather on love and human interaction- faith in humanity! Capitalism in general is the opposite of human nature, trying to store and divide goods, identifying with ownership of said land or item. To top it off it is corrupt anyways.

There is much more to be gained by having faith in ourselves and the planet. Humans are basically good, in their core there is the same thing, cops, protesters, janitors, prisoners, bankers, all the same. Hostility, rage, fear, those cover up that core, capitalism covers that core, materialism covers that core.

So basically....I will be sitting on the grass meditating lol

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
You've gotta be freakin' kidding me!

translation: yoo got to bee kiding mee

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

kidding about what?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Doing the march from Park St to South Station tomorrow. It's an anti-war march and is in unison with several marches around the world but will be joining up with the Occupiers at South Station.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

any suggestion on parking? i dont mind takeing the T in to the city

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You may want to go read up on the actual movement instead of just consistently trolling it. You have shown yourself to be one of ATS's most bitter members, as well as least knowledgeable on the topic at hand. Whenever I see anything you have written, it is always from the perspective the MSM has adopted. You may as well change your user name to FOX NEWS.

Classic esoteric rant that makes no sense

I know you fail to understand the words, and I pity the teachers that must have lost sleep worrying about your educational efforts or lack thereof.
edit on 15-10-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Might be best to drive to a commuter rail station, most I think you can park at for free or at least much cheaper than parking down town. I think the Wooster/Framingham line is closest to you.

mbta.com...

I may not make it after all, my boy doesn't want to go

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrunkNinja
reply to post by jibeho

You may want to go read up on the actual movement instead of just consistently trolling it. You have shown yourself to be one of ATS's most bitter members, as well as least knowledgeable on the topic at hand. Whenever I see anything you have written, it is always from the perspective the MSM has adopted. You may as well change your user name to FOX NEWS.

Classic esoteric rant that makes no sense

I know you fail to understand the words, and I pity the teachers that must have lost sleep worrying about your educational efforts or lack thereof.
edit on 15-10-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry for being such a dummy. Please explain in simple terms what you meant by this statement. Because it is sure is a whopper that actually says nothing.

With incisive philosophical thrusts, activist commentaries and visual mindbombs from around the world,

I have yet to hear anything incisive come out of anyone's mouth at these protests. Come up with a consistent set of goals and objectives then we'll talk. Sorry, for using such complex "business lingo" Words like goals and objectives are like a foreign language to the OWS crew.

Way to stay classy with the personal insults. Thanks for letting me know I'm one of the most bitter members on ATS. Where is my award for that?
I want to add that to my WATS score.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Interestingly, #5 & #1 are basically the same demand, so I will mention those last.

#4: Re-Investigate the Attacks on 9/11/2001

Without a doubt, the attack on this country a decade ago has redefined our country’s character since that day. After millions of dollars spent and two wars fought, there remains many unanswered questions as to what led up to the attacks and what the government could have done to prevent it. There is also issues of possible war crimes by the Bush/Cheney Administration, Domestic Spying, Racial Profiling, and a general trampling of the Bill of Rights all in the name of National Security that needs to be fully reconciled if we are ever to heal and move on.

#3: End the War on Drugs

Many of my Libertarian colleagues will agree that the so-called War on Drugs has done more damage than any other domestic issue outside of Prohibition. It has generated a multi-billion dollar illegal gun trade, it has given rise to terrorism and lawlessness on the US/Mexico border, and it has incarcerated hundreds of thousands of otherwise harmless individuals and created a horrible underclass in this country.

#2: Repeal the Patriot Act

During times of crisis, Congress has repeatedly overreacted when it has come to controlling the behavior of its citizens, which flies in the face of the Bill of Rights, and every time, they have been forced to admit that what they did was wrong and illegal. The Patriot Act is no exception. The Law tramples the 1st, 4th, and 6th Amendments to the Constitution all in the name of Liberty and Security when it denied both.

#1 & #5: To End Corporate Personhood, and to Reverse the Effects of the Citizens United Decision.

Both of these items go hand-in-hand as they address the major thing that unties every Occupy Movement throughout the world. For decades we have seen corporate interests supersede the interests for the rest of us. We have seen how corporate money wins or loses elections. Up until the Supreme Court Ruling, we were at least under the illusion that people were more important than our Corporate Masters, but the Citizens United decision removed all doubt.

All you had to do was google it, too bad that takes typing on a keyboard, and not switching the channel. I also cant believe that someone that touts themselves as intelligent would have difficulties understanding the words written, apparently your intelligence is lacking.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DrunkNinja

Please add a source to back up your list. Looks a little like plagiarism right now. I like how you're still harping on 9/11. Time to move on and open your eyes for what is about to come.

Corporate Personhood? Dude you are hilarious. Nice catchy little jargon created by the "Occupy" klan. You are good at regurging the required talking points.

Corporate Personhood....

edit on 15-10-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

Still waiting on the definition of "visual mindbomb" Sounds like a drink or a bad acid trip to me.
edit on 15-10-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DrunkNinja

After millions of dollars spent and two wars fought,

Don't you mean Trillions spent. Either you copied an old document or you just don't understand what is happening in the world. Even way back in 2008 they predicted the cost of Iraq alone could top $3Trillion. Wake up.

costofwar.com...

I'll give you a mulligan on that one. You just typed the wrong letters on your keyboard thingy.

top topics

join