It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the occupation spreads to Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
With various news sources telling us about Canada's occupations being a bit different than the American's the police nationwide have been put on high alert tomorrow as occupations have spread though different cities.

The police most likely will have their hands full in Toronto and in Vancouver due to the G20 and Stanley Cup riots tomorrow as mass protests get organized.

With two of Canada's largest unions offering their support, Canadian autoworkers and the Communications, Energy and Papermakers union of Canada it will be very interesting on how this will turn out, Air Canada is very close to a strike as well and they could join up as well since they are not happy with the new hire rules.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
theres a total media blackout here in canada. no wait, theres only one canadian t.v. station.

and all it shows is hockey on saturday night and has less than 100 viewers the rest of the week.

the rest of the 65+ channels are showing canadians a steady stream of u.s. propaganda, brain killing reality shows and panels of "experts" bickering with each on how america should be run.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
We will see what is happening, 10000 likes on Occupy Torontos FB page, if something happens over the course of a few days, here, this could get even bigger.

Like in Guelph we have a mayor who likes using SLAPP suits on protesters and a MPP who is incompetent and didn't realize there was an issue with a mega quarry.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Edit: I get it
edit on 14-10-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hypr2011

Upon noticing the Canadians passion for hockey and soccer. I would love to see them get involved in this.

I know, so maybe most of them think americans suck. If I were up there I doubt if my opinion would be much different. I bet they would still be great allies tho. I hope I hope.

edit on 14-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I think Canada will do well, this Occupy Wall Street thing came from Adbusters a Canadian magazine based in Vancouver, so they did something right, and now with the big day tomorrow, it will be interesting to see what happens and how big it gets.

top topics

join