It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Wall St. protesters ready to block clean-up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well, it seems as if some sort of confrontation is inevitable. Brookfield Office Properties, the company who owns Zucccoti park, wants to move in to clean it up. Mayor Bloomberg has told the protestors they can stay as long as they obey the law, but the protesters have said that they will not leave, and that it is an attempt to stop their protest.

news.yahoo.com...
I am not really sure if it is an attempt to stop them or not, but I am sure that the park does need to be cleaned. It seems to me that if the protesters were really sincere about their cause, they would compromise and help to clean the park along with the owners. Im sure there are some major sanitary concerns there that should be addressed. I am really hoping that things don't get ugly and they resort to violence and/or rioting. That would probably hurt the cause a lot more, not to mention a lot of people getting hurt. What do you think?
edit on 13-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

EDIT NOTE-Thank you to herecomesthesun for letting me know about msnbc's article...according to it, the protestors are helping clean up. So most likely, it is an attempt to get them to leave.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Yep and the protesters have been cleaning all day. Heard on CNN that the city wants to clean it in three parts, but the Occupiers are not to bring back tarps and sleeping bags. Looks like a play to get them out if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
AFL CIO is calling for members to go to Wall Street now. Be there by midnight. This is in anticipation of tomorrows showdown over the park clean up. MSNBC.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The best thing would be for the
protestors to help with the
clean up and continue to try
to keep the park clean. I
think the scheduled clean
up is a ploy to get them to leave.
I hope they hold their ground but
peacefully.

top topics

join