It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maher: Fox would be a lot gentler to OWS protesters “if a brick came through Rupert Murdoch’s ap

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Last night on The Rachel Maddow Show, always-over-the-top Bill Maher made this very polite and civil observation: “If a brick came through Rupert Murdoch’s apartment, yes, I have a feeling Fox News would be a lot more gentle on the Wall Street people.” You’re not suggesting the protesters should exploit the power of potential violence, are you, Bill?

Bottom line: Maher’s talk is just talk, but the Occupy Wall Streeters shouldn’t get any ideas (or, rather, they should abandon the ideas that took them to the streets in the first place). Nor should the rest of us fall prey to the fear of violence. Property rights are a fundamental underpinning of the freedom we enjoy in the United States — and respect for others’ property is what ensures respect for one’s own. Compare Maher’s eloquence to the great Abraham Lincoln’s (h/t HA commenter “walnut”):

hotair.com...

Sure Maher was "just joking" yeah right people isn't that right? i have seen the respect liberals show for other peoples property time and time again on display at any protest of the past that have cost millions and billions of dollars.

One could here say that Maher is planting the seed of violence didn't hear the dude say stay civil or anything of the sort its obvious from anyone who has ever listened to Maher that he would be sitting there laughing it up and saying you go OWS if violence did break out and someone did vandalize Murdoch and others homes.

awesome quote there at the bottom that i am sure that will fall on deaf ears around here considering the ats survey poll showing just how many people think violence is justifiable at OWS.

what say you ats?

edit on 12-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I say Bill might be a little more gentle if someone threw a brick at his head.

Edit- Just Joking.

edit on 12-10-2011 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Peaceful protests could work in a peaceful society. But we are not a peaceful society.

Freedom from England did not come by asking nicely.

Random Violence never solved anything, But correctly applied Violence seems to solve our problems, Just look at the example set by our own United States government, if you don't like someone, Send them a cruise missile.

But the police can use violence to stop our peaceful protests?

How about we start advocating Peaceful Policing? (HAHAHAHAHAHA! yeah, right...)

Besides, We are too busy eating our cake to be violent.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I have no problems with a brick through Murdoch's window.
Or Chase, or BOA, or Wells Fargo...only to mention a few.
While they are at it, get Fox's windows as well.

If the people refuse to listen then a brick might just be what the doctor ordered. I wish there was another way, but certain people refuses to listen to the complaints.

I do not care whose windows gets broken, as long as the anger is properly placed and not damaging ma & pa's diner.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Oh sure...Your ideas not gaining traction? Violence and destruction is the way to gain more credibility. Because if we can't win their minds with ideas, maybe we can terrorize them with our violence.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

One could here say that Maher is planting the seed of violence...

He's not the only one speaking out like this as we've seen it increase in the past year.
The liberal mob is testing the waters. The gullible will accept this as a silly joke or innocent observation.
This is a perfect example of a continued slow and deliberate push of boundaries.
They can taste blood and I have no doubt some are drooling and/or getting a rise out of Bill Maher's tease.

Imo, another reason for the abusive language is that liberals are accustomed to Republicans, Conservatives, Democrats and the non-political sleepy people being weak, easily controlled and even bought with minimal funds.

Times have changed

The liberal bullies are pissed that their tricks aren't working on many of the Americans anymore (but not limited to Americans only).

What do bullies do when they don't get their way? They push the old limits to higher level.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Oh darn, maybe I should turn the other cheek and tell TPTB I welcome their abuses.
Maybe I should go ahead and start signing my paychecks over to them as well.
I do not care if the whole country bends over and takes it like a dog, I am saying no.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

Oh darn, maybe I should turn the other cheek and tell TPTB I welcome their abuses.
Maybe I should go ahead and start signing my paychecks over to them as well.
I do not care if the whole country bends over and takes it like a dog, I am saying no.

You can SAY no all you want.

Without a clear method and plan of action to change the system more to your liking, and winning the hearts and minds of the people, you have nothing. But here you are saying to all who can read that if your ideas are not accepted that you are willing to destroy and commit violent acts to get your way.

How incredibly higher minded and morally superior you are.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Why don't you go ahead and take my statement out of context.

I am not going to debate ignorance.
Thats my opinion and I am sticking with it.

Out
edit on 12-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

If the people refuse to listen then a brick might just be what the doctor ordered. I wish there was another way, but certain people refuses to listen to the complaints.

That's destruction and violence. And it comes if "people refuse to listen".

Yeah...That's so out of context. :shk:

Yeah, go ahead and run away from a debate YOU started.
Can't even own up to your own words.

Pathetic.
edit on 12-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

awesome quote there at the bottom that i am sure that will fall on deaf ears around here considering the ats survey poll showing just how many people think violence is justifiable at OWS.

In all fairness, thats not true of ATS members.

edit on 12-10-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

But it does seem to be reflective of OWS sympathizers doesn't it?

I refer you to posts made by MEMBERS(the 11%) in this thread alone.

edit on 12-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

whats not true about it? 11% members and 39% "guests" strongly agree that violence even if it kills people is necessary.

those numbers should be zero or next to it and those who disagree with that those numbers should be higher.

violence solves nothing.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by el1jah

whats not true about it? 11% members and 39% strongley agree that violence even if it kills people is necessary.

those numbers should be zero or next to it and those who disagree with that those numbers should be higher.

violence solves nothing.

Unless it is veiled and made by the holy and righteous right wing.

"Second amendment remedies + we cannot afford to retreat right now. Now is not the time to retreat. It's the time to reload."

It seems like the shoe is on the other foot now, I must admit, it is very cool watching you guys take
the position you were occupying a year ago.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

dont see a whole lot of righteousness coming from the left wing and their puppets ows

great comment sound alot like palin there reload hey with what? dont have anything but "bricks"

and i hate to break it to you if the right wing was truly evil as you and ows have made them out to be

there is no question the left wing would get owned after all theres nothing but a bunch of peace loving people there

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

There was a time, before the Tea Party that i supported the idea of revolution to get my way. Here's the proof:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It got a lot of responses and a lot of stars and flags...But, not but a few months later, I felt empty toward it.

Why?

Because the more I learned about the world around me the more I felt that I could WIN ON MY IDEAS. Thus far I have. I have changed.

I believe "second amendment remedies" would be suited to a situation that is simply not going to happen any time in the near future.

My second amendment rights are meant for my self defense and defense of others from criminal aggressors.

What truly solidified it for me was the tragic shooting that killed a Federal Judge, a 9 year old girl, and severely injured congresswoman Gabby Giffords.

The question came to my mind that if I were to continue on this course, would I be any different than a nutcase with a Glock? The answer was no.

And I've managed to since piss off all the people who originally starred and flagged The Declaration of Independence 2009 for not supporting their misguided notions of violence.

People change, and those who don't are doomed to suffer the consequences of the violence they promote.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

dont see a whole lot of righteousness coming from the left wing and their puppets ows

great comment sound alot like palin there reload hey with what? dont have anything but "bricks"

and i hate to break it to you if the right wing was truly evil as you and ows have made them out to be

there is no question the left wing would get owned after all theres nothing but a bunch of peace loving people there

I am pointing out the fact that the right is treating OWS just like the Tea Party was treated.

Instead of fear of a bunch of racist redneck, white retirees on medicare, with guns

The fear is of a bunch of young, dirty communist hippies, with bricks

I have faith that this dynamic is used to keep us in limbo, nothing will change because
all the little guys are too evil and stupid to expect different.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I expect people to act as civilized human beings.

To exercise their right to assembly peaceably.

Not to destroy property, or threaten violence if people refuse to listen.

No one, not the right or the left has the right to shove their ideas onto others through the use of violence.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

There was a time, before the Tea Party that i supported the idea of revolution to get my way. Here's the proof:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It got a lot of responses and a lot of stars and flags...But, not but a few months later, I felt empty toward it.

Why?

Because the more I learned about the world around me the more I felt that I could WIN ON MY IDEAS. Thus far I have. I have changed.

I believe "second amendment remedies" would be suited to a situation that is simply not going to happen any time in the near future.

My second amendment rights are meant for my self defense and defense of others from criminal aggressors.

What truly solidified it for me was the tragic shooting that killed a Federal Judge, a 9 year old girl, and severely injured congresswoman Gabby Giffords.

The question came to my mind that if I were to continue on this course, would I be any different than a nutcase with a Glock? The answer was no.

And I've managed to since piss off all the people who originally starred and flagged The Declaration of Independence 2009 for not supporting their misguided notions of violence.

People change, and those who don't are doomed to suffer the consequences of the violence they promote.

Good to hear, I do not want violence.

I would much rather have the Tea Party and OWS find several common issues and unite,
simple universal things that can be actionable and address the corruption in the government
instigated by their finical backers.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You know who should get a brick through their windows?

Fox News, MSNBC, CNN and all these so called ``mainstream medias``, which are not doing their damn jobs.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join