It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket Steve Jobs' funeral

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

I don't think you understood his post at all. I'm sort of astonished by your answers. He is saying he wants to change his name to God, so that every time they write God hates whatever he gets to sue them for slander... Of course that wouldn't work but that was his point.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I don't think you understood his post at all. I'm sort of astonished by your answers. He is saying he wants to change his name to God, so that every time they write God hates whatever he gets to sue them for slander... Of course that wouldn't work but that was his point.

i know what hes saying and it doesnt make sense
because slander is saying something that is false
and what westboro is saying isnt false when it comes to god

link   
Who cares if WBC is picketing there will always be religious and non-religious people alike who disagree with sometihng.

link   

I think this might be the thing that gets a member of Westboro killed. Very emotional/unstable fanbois are going to completely lose their poo if Jobs funeral is picketed. While I am not a huge fan of the man, he had a family and friends that no doubt loved him and I find this tasteless like everything else about this 'church'.

What do you think guys, this going to backfire horribly on the Westboro folks?

Link

Different source I can't fix the OP.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

No one is above their Picketing but do you think it is ok for them to picket Soldiers funerals but not Steve Jobs?

Anyway these guys at WBBapt are kooks anyway and in no way represent true Christianity.

did you guys ever see any Christians Protesting the funeral of Nero, Henry the VIII or Abe Lincoln? This is only how one wacked out group thinks it is version of David Koresh Waco mind control compound. But then you guys probably believe it was all a govt conspiracy to crush your constitutional right to bear arms.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, traducement, slander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image

M'kay I'm going to try to explain this to you one more time and I'm pretty sure you still won't get it. If that poster changed his name to God, then every time Westboro used his name (God) they would be sued, effectively shutting them up for good. It has nothing to do with what is in the bible. So in other words if my name were Frank Jones and Westboro had signs saying Frank Jones hates whatevers I could sue and shut them up.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, traducement, slander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image

M'kay I'm going to try to explain this to you one more time and I'm pretty sure you still won't get it. If that poster changed his name to God, then every time Westboro used his name (God) they would be sued, effectively shutting them up for good. It has nothing to do with what is in the bible. So in other words if my name were Frank Jones and Westboro had signs saying Frank Jones hates whatevers I could sue and shut them up.

its good someone gets what i was trying to say.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
How do you not let people be at their funerals?
What kind of scum do you have to be. I mean really.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

the legal definition:

defamation n. the act of making untrue statements about another which damage...

dictionary.law.com...

edit on 8-10-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

But what about a fallen soldiers funeral or Steve Jobs' funeral has to do with God hating anything??? Now, if Xerox employees showed up and were picketing saying "Steve Jobs is a thief", that I would understand since he basically stole his GUI from Xerox (and then Bill Gates turned around and stole it from Apple to create Windows).

But that's where WBC is wrong. They are pushing their agenda on people at a very emotional and personally difficult time. They do this with the intent of stealing that moment from what it should be spent on...the deceased and their family, instead using it to ignite an emotional and raw response for their own purposes.

That's selfish and inconsiderate...2 things I'm pretty sure God hates. Now, put the shoe on the other foot and what do you thing the "good folks of WBC" would do if a group of people showed up to Fred Phelps' funeral and picketed it saying the same hateful things they say?? I'm pretty sure they aren't going to go, "Aaahhh!!! Good one guys!! HAHAHA!!! You got us! A tip of the hat!! HAHAHA!!"

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling me and if you are I must commend you because this conversation has irritated me more than any other in years. So take that legal definition, apply it to what I said earlier and you get a prize!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling me and if you are I must commend you because this conversation has irritated me more than any other in years. So take that legal definition, apply it to what I said earlier and you get a prize!

your the troll, im just stating the facts
he said he wanted to sue them for defamation, which would mean they would have to be saying something false about god.which they are not
its not that hard to get

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk

But what about a fallen soldiers funeral or Steve Jobs' funeral has to do with God hating anything??? Now, if Xerox employees showed up and were picketing saying "Steve Jobs is a thief", that I would understand since he basically stole his GUI from Xerox (and then Bill Gates turned around and stole it from Apple to create Windows).

But that's where WBC is wrong. They are pushing their agenda on people at a very emotional and personally difficult time. They do this with the intent of stealing that moment from what it should be spent on...the deceased and their family, instead using it to ignite an emotional and raw response for their own purposes.

That's selfish and inconsiderate...2 things I'm pretty sure God hates. Now, put the shoe on the other foot and what do you thing the "good folks of WBC" would do if a group of people showed up to Fred Phelps' funeral and picketed it saying the same hateful things they say?? I'm pretty sure they aren't going to go, "Aaahhh!!! Good one guys!! HAHAHA!!! You got us! A tip of the hat!! HAHAHA!!"

well i dont support them but they are doing what the bible says to do. i dont see why christians have such a hard time with that.
pushing agenda is exactly what religion is..i dont see a differnce in what they do from what the church has done for centuries, they are just open about what they believe..while the church tries to hide it
good on them i say
if your going to believe in something, do it right

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
hey westboro baptist church go picket ows youll get all the attention you want

since thats what its all about bunch of morons if anyone needs to sit down and shut up its them.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

heck no!! there's too many people at OWS. they're scared they really would get a beatdown.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Don't get angry with the WBC. that's what they want. just stand there and laugh at them, I guarantee they won't like it at all.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MrHappyman989

yeah, they don't like that at all. the wonderful crowd at San Diego Comic-Con last year proved that. WBC learned not to mess with the comic book/cosplayer/gamer crowd.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MrHappyman989

You're very correct. What we need to do is pay a bunch of gay male prostitutes to just go to town on each other right next to the WBC.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

OMG!!! GREATEST. IDEA. EVER!!!!
I would love to see that happen!! Like a total gay love in right next to them picketing or near their "church".

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Haha, yeah that would be classic mate. You should all organise something like that. Just make them look completely stupid.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

It would mean they WERE saying something false about that poster if he changed his name to God. It is so sad that you don't get this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join