It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd urged asylum seeker to jump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Now every single person in that crowd should be arrested and imprisoned for murder.

That's a bit much. If someone told me to jump off a cliff, I wouldn't do it.

I understand that in the victim's distressed state, they would have contributed a fair bit to his decision to jump though. But if we start charging people for manipulating others into doing bad things, half of the elite would be in jail where they belong.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

And what starving people are we allowing to die?

In the UK, no-one is "allowed" to starve to death. Even terrorists who go on hunger strike are force fed.

U

Mr Bobby Sands would like a word with you.. if he could.. but he's dead.. as he killed himself by starving himself to death whilst in a British Prison on hunger strike.
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Reply to post by Firefly_

No one race or creed has a monopoly on cruelty you fool. However, if I was a god, I'd be a vengeful one, nation does not matter

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Raskadawg

As I understand it, Sands and the others that dies (there were 10 in total) made legally binding advance refusals, which would not allow the Prison authorities to force feed them. Had they not done this, then yes, the Prison would have eventually resorted to force-feeding him rather than allowing him to die.

You seem to have cherry picked an example without really looking into the whole concept. Previous IRA/Republican prisoners had gone on hunger-strike and had been force fed, because no binding advance notice was issued.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

If I were looking at a long sentence term I believe I'd voluntarily starve myself to death too. Prison's no joke.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

no no i wasnt cherry picking, i live in N.I. and that just immediately sprang to mind and to be fair, i wasnt aware of the legally binding caper that went on, shame on me for not knowing the full details.
i stand corrected

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Raskadawg

You know, there are not too many people on ATS that would admit to being wrong, in public too.

You get a star just for you positive attitude.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
HI GUYS,

america here,

so this dude already swan dived?

before people were encouraging?

what minority was it? BTW?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Indeed, have another

I used to live in NI myself and I am aware of the goings on, not to mention the impact Sands had on the Troubles.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Absolutely disgusting. This happend in my City and I'm ashamed. It has to be said though that the group standing at the bottom of these flats are not representative of the rest of Nottingham. It doesn't matter where in the world you go, there will always be evil.

My first thought on hearing this was 'is this what the world is coming to'. I don't think it's localised but more an ignorance and lack of anything good that many people are growing up with in this day and age all over.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

He was an Iraqi Kurd after Asylum here.

he had it refused because he couldn't provide any evidence of him being at risk in Iraq from persecution, so as he has been here a a while and had kids, he has used them to try and stay in country. he was refused again.

Bottom line is, he was trying to pull a fast one to stay in the UK and failed. Firstly, Kurdish iraq has, for a long time, been very safe, is virtually autonomous from Baghdad and the Kurds run the show. That is why his first claim was rejected.

Secondly, the fact that he has bred while being here is irrelevant. Otherwise everybody would come here, knock up a woman and by the time their case is dealt with, they'd have a kid. We simply cannot allow that.

I feel sorry for his family that he did this, but it was his choice at the end of the day. The few baying idiots down below that shouted just before he lept probably made no difference, the guy was a jumper.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Absolutely disgusting and sums up the mentality of the british people.

A failed asylum seeker fell from the seventh floor of a Nottingham tower block after being taunted by a crowd of people, an inquest has heard. Osman Rasul Mohammed, 27, an Iraqi Kurd, had been in Britain for almost 10 years when an application to stay in the country was rejected. The inquest in Nottingham heard he climbed on to the railing of a balcony in a distressed state in 2010. Coroner Maureen Casey said a "baying" crowd below called on him to jump. The inquest heard Mr Mohammed died at Clifford Court in Radford on 25 July last year after he became very distressed about his immigration status.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Now every single person in that crowd should be arrested and imprisoned for murder. They are bullies, they prey on a vulnerable person, someone who has nothing and nobody. Typical british behaviour..

it said he fell.

nuff said.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I lived in Wales when I was younger, nobody ever said or did anything so cruel to us. We were treated nice and warmly, I'm a minority too........what the hell is wrong with the sick #s today?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
To say it is typical British behaviour is amusing to say the least. Open your eyes to the real world, look around you, it is typical human nature. Can see some members biased when it comes to criticising people in the UK. Also with the same ole bringing up bobby sands. Get over it already, that is in the past.

To say we let people die of starvation, may I remind you that we in the UK gave aid to Africa etc. We were the first country to do. So look at your own country before you go criticizing the British.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
The sad fact is that humans are digusting and always have been.

The Romans put the Christians against the lions.

The gladiators had to fight to the death.

The crowds loved it.

Yes, exactly. But later public standards of behavior kept it in check.
"Social progress" was mainly about keeping such impulses in check.

Thank Big Brother and reality TV for the world we're heading for.
The damage they have done by eroding public standsrds of acceptability is incalculable.

The only way to try and arrest such behavior is by, yes, prosecuting every single of those who encouraged him.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra

The only way to try and arrest such behavior is by, yes, prosecuting every single of those who encouraged him.

Eh, it was just another human life; no big deal. The next five years will probably be full of people dying, everyday happenings.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by crimsonred

Nice way to take my quotes out of context. They were made BEFORE the copycat rioting started across the country, and I was hoping that it was the trigger for positive change. If you bothered to read my posts after that, then you'll know exactly what I thought of it. But no, rather than do that you need to make me out to be evil while completely ignoring the facts.

I am not going to share my experiences with you people, because I know full well that will make me a target. I cannot speak for people in other countries as I have never been abroad. All I can go by is what I have witnessed and experienced for myself.

I am not going to sugar coat my world view in order to appease those who have contributed towards the negative aspects. No way. I will say it as I see it, and if you cannot handle an opinion that is different, or challenging to your own, then I suggest you ignore my posts. I will stay true to myself, warts and all, because this is who I am, both of my own making and that of those who I have interacted with during my lifetime.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Regardless of his situation, people urging a desperate man to jump is sick and wrong. This is the issue I have. Besides I can bet that the vast majority of people in this country would resort to desperate measures if they were to be separated from their kids.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Yeah we gave back a little of what we stole from them countries. I guess you are forgetting all the damage the british (along with other european) colonies have done to them?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
He didn't have to jump though did he. I can remember being told several things as a kid, which still rings true today.
Example, would you put your head in a lighted gas oven because i said so.....answer, no.

Cant see how this would be any different

Yes, if only he was incredibly strong and infallible like every human being. Certainly a large crowd of other humans jeering and cheering for your death should have no effect on anyone.

I certainly hope you never find yourself "on the edge" my friend, as you will -not- survive with this attitude.
edit on 6-10-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join