It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America refuses to let customers close accounts

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

That happened to me. They keep sending me my account balance even though I tried to close it in 2007. They won't close it if you owe them money for their credit cards though. At least my balance is positive.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
From my experience of working in a bank we have had customets leave their accounts with nothing in, so my advice to people whose banks wont allow them to cancel their accounts is simply take all your money out, leave the account empty with no bills or direct debits coming out until it goes dormant. The bank will be paying to keep it open until they realise theres no funds debiting or crediting it.

I know I've already addressed this point in this thread, but since it came up again, I'm going to address it again. This is not a good idea. BofA has an automated system of fees. For example, my account for the last few months has had enough money for me to not be charged a fee, however, if my balance drops below a certain level, the fee is automatically assessed without warning, and I think it is $14.00. If you leave $10 in your account and the fee is assessed, they WILL drive your balance negative and charge you an overdraft fee.

The best thin to do is close the account.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by emadrid

Just simply withdraw the money once it is posted and deposit it into a local credit union account. Banks making deals with States really should not be tolerated. If every one withdrew the money immediately BoA will be left with a lot of administrative costs and nothing to show for it.

edit on 6-10-2011 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz

Originally posted by DataWraith
From my experience of working in a bank we have had customets leave their accounts with nothing in, so my advice to people whose banks wont allow them to cancel their accounts is simply take all your money out, leave the account empty with no bills or direct debits coming out until it goes dormant. The bank will be paying to keep it open until they realise theres no funds debiting or crediting it.

I know I've already addressed this point in this thread, but since it came up again, I'm going to address it again. This is not a good idea. BofA has an automated system of fees. For example, my account for the last few months has had enough money for me to not be charged a fee, however, if my balance drops below a certain level, the fee is automatically assessed without warning, and I think it is $14.00. If you leave $10 in your account and the fee is assessed, they WILL drive your balance negative and charge you an overdraft fee.

The best thin to do is close the account.

That is what I tried to do but they won't do it. I have had an open account neither debiting or crediting for 4 years. Each month I get a bank statement telling me the amount still in there as though it is open.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This thread is very misleading. Bank of America DOES ALLOW YOU TO CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT.

If you try doing it in the middle of a protest they wont, but I bet these people could have easily gone to another location and closed it there without a problem.

They saw them as protesters NOT customers right there.

That is a BIG difference from not allowing ppl to close their accounts.

Very misleading... I am disappointed OP.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tulkor

Just because someone is protesting a Bank that folks believe to be dishonest enough to withdraw their money, does not give the Bank the right to not let them have their money.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So, Americans are suppose to just sit back and take this crap? Problem is we have for decades and now its time to fight back. Revolution in the air.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This entire thread is absurd.

I am not discounting the experiences others have had - BUT - I will say

I was able to walk into my BoA branch and withrdraw all available funds today - without question, concern, or even coersion on the part of the BoA staff.

They did question why I wanted to close my accounts and verified that no outstanding checks were to clear after which time I closed the account - resulting in a negative balance - after which - I was given my money as was on my way.

Why oh Why are you people making a mountain out of a nonexistent molehill?

Give it up - NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

It is business as usual, no matter how the obsessed want to play it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
this is why, during the first great depression, bank robbers were veiwed by the common folk as folk heros.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
this is why, during the first great depression, bank robbers were veiwed by the common folk as folk heros.

and they ended up in jail .... because........?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by IceFlower

Originally posted by On the Edge

and they ended up in jail .... because........?
Because TPTB did not want the rest of the sheeple to wake up.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

OH PLEASE!

You only want to believe in your delusion - that in and of itself makes you the sheeple.

They went to jail because we operate under a given set of laws. Those that break them go to jail.

If they robbed the bank, then they robbed from the citizens. As I recall, these "hero" bandits were no "Robin Hoods"

They simply took for themselves - they certainly did not "redistribute" the wealth among the commoners of the time.

If they did - I would be anxious to see any proof you have to the contrary.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

Thanks OP! That video was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Like 10 people with a megaphone pitching a bitch fit over a $5.00/mnth charge. Look if they dont like it then just act like a normal human and go down there quietly and get your money out like you have some class. What a bunch of heathens!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Convicted

Star for you my friend!

The video is from August no less.

But hey - we're all supposed to be on a rampage against "The Man" ........

It defies logic.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IceFlower

Yeah its "the man", "the system", "the powers that be"....

Could someone give me a list of who are members of "the system" and "the powers that be" that holds these people down and makes them get a poor education and stole all their common sense or ability to take responsibility for their own lives?

And who the hell just has their own megaphone laying around the house for whenever they get pissed about something?
edit on 6-10-2011 by Convicted because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I love how people keep saying that it's "their money"... no it's not, the second you put your money into a bank it becomes the bank's money, your just borrowing against it basically. The bank takes your money and throws it into the stock market, (this is by the way how the bank makes money if you just have a checking account with them). Your money goes directly into a huge fund somewhere for BOA, and the money is redistributed in different area's in order for the bank to profit. When you withdraw money from your own account, your basically borrowing against the bank in the sense that the money isn't actually sitting in your account. This is the exact reason that the tellers and managers get "nervous" when you would like to pull out all the funds from your account, especially if your a high roller. The banks have the cash there (for most sums), but each bank is considered a single entity as part of a big system, in order words if something looks off with the numbers for a particular branch, then guess who takes the bullet? I'll give you a hint, it isn't the CEO... The bank manager takes the hit, loses his job most likely, or gets demoted, or maybe even whipped ( it is BOA after all...), therefore they are the ones who look nervous. They have to maintain a certain amount of profit within their branch, if they are allowing for hundreds of people to close out accounts in one day they are putting themselves in Jeopardy.

Basically I like the whole concept behind trying to crush BOA, and it should happen, because in all honesty I'd probably put the CEO in jail myself if I could... Per personal example, our home loan with BOA has been "redistributed" to another company, who is apparently taking over a bunch of BOA's loans. Now if you read the fine print within the forms that they provide you, it is completely unclear whether or not the same rates will continue for your loan or whether the company who they sold your loan to can simply do a loan "readjustment" and F**K you outta your house.

Either way, I don't care it's gonna take an army to get me out. There are certain advantages to having a closet full of guns, first cop that comes to try and get me out of my house is gonna have a really really bad day, sorry OCCIFER!!!

Either way I hope someone takes BOA to school... I'd personally love to, but unfortunately I don't know how to begin to crush a multi-trillion dollar business machine.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
My mom has a large CD at one of the Big banks, which is set to expire in a couple of weeks. She is thinking of moving it to a smaller, local bank.

She told me that if she chooses NOT to renew the CD with the current bank, they will charge her $25!!!!!

WHAAAAT????????

I really have to wind my head around that one. She has a contract, which is going to expire. If she chooses not to enter into a new contract with the same contract holder, then she will be monetarily penalized?!?!?!

Is that even legal? (Silly question, I know. Nothing they do is 'quite' legal.)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Convicted

On any given day, that is a moving target.

I'm not really sure what everyone is up in arms against. The government, well most of them voted for the current administration - only since they didn't receive their free houses from BO......

Then they went on a rampage against any and all banks associated with Wall Street.

And the corporations - many of which I am sure the posters currently work for.

Calling for everyone's demise. Why - because the have the banks and others have the wealth and they do not. They believe that the "evil banks and corporations" should give up the wealth that they divide between the shareholders and instead it should by all rights be given to them for no reason.

None of it makes sense - greed makes sense - and the protestors' greed is very apparent.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bdimi

LOL, well she did sign the contract.
If she didnt want to pay the 25 bucks she should have found a better deal.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IceFlower

Dude, the funniest thing ever is that they are bitching about being in debt. Like someone put a gun to their head and made them borrow money. It cracks me up. Its like they are too dumb to see that tons of people have been able to amass large amounts of money by working a regular job, spending less than they earned, and investing their money wisely.

You seem all the protestors in the background texting on their $400 iphones on their $100/month cell phone plans... then they act like they are starving to death.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join