It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous/Occupy I feel like screaming!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I am so sick of threads starting with assumptions about anonymous being a bunch of bratty kids, with supercomputers, money in the bank, living in mummy and daddys basement hacking everything they see.

Yes, some of them are youngsters, and some of them do hack, and some of the original anon from way back have done some frankly stupid things.
You know what though? Some of them aren't.

Some of them are people like me.
People like you.
People like your neighbour, or your postman.

I never properly introduced myself, so let me enlighten some of you as to just how rich, and well off, I am.
And just how much of a laugh-a-minute party I consider this idea, this 'movement' to be...
OR NOT.

I'm a single mum, juggling work and training to make myself a better person, I want to be a counsellor one day, to give back to a service that helped me tons as a teen.
I juggle childcare with bills. I can't afford a car.
Sometimes we eat well, and other times when money is tight, my daughter eats well, and I eat her leftovers or munch on cereal (dry, so she can have the milk)
Sometimes it's so cold, that the quick blast of the heating is not enough.
We sleep together in my bed, under coats, wearing jumpers.
We don't complain. I'm not complaining. We have a house. It's more than some people.
We are happy, and we love our friends and family.

I'm only telling you this, because this assumption about the people wearing V for vendetta masks has got to stop.

I have a mask too. It was a present I asked for, for my birthday, so I could hitch a ride to a city near me when the scientology/cuts protests were going on.
On my travels I met a lady who was made bankrupt and homeless after her ex stole all the money from their bank account and did a runner.
I met another mum who was made redundant because her daughter developed a severe intolerance, and needed regular tests and investigative procedures, and several elderly people, one of whom is suffering from the early stages of dementia.

There were youngsters too. The kind the papers and MSM tell me only care about playstations and mobile phones. Stood side by side with us. Raising their voices.
They bought tea for the police to thank them for their supervision. They raised money so we could share a cake, because some of us had no food. Those who had computers printed things off.

It was an experience of unity, without judgement. Everyone was equal, and was spoken to respectfully, and welcomed warmly.
I joined the scientology protests aware of 'Anonymous' and came away with a much greater insight.

Now when they march, or speak out about something, even if I can't be there, I count myself among them. As do many of my friends and family.. ranging from 18 to 50 years old.
I do what I can to spread awareness online, because I am lucky enough to have been given a second hand computer.

Now they are rallying against the bankers bailouts, and the 'elites' speaking for what they call the 99%.
And I watch on here, and on twitter, and facebook as people call them brats, and children, and rick kids, and I am angry. Angry that a vast amount of people believe this BS.

Anonymous is an idea. It's not always implemented well I know, but it's an idea nonetheless.
It's not just a group of people wearing masks. It's a number of people from all across the world.
Sick of the lies, Sick of the unfair tax systems. Sick of the cuts to services, while governments and their friends spout off their rubbish about all being in it together. Sick of watching more people made homeless, and more elderly slip under the radar. Sick of police brutality.
Waiting for change never did anything.
Maybe Anonymous and 'occupy ____' won't either.
But anyone in the world who has felt that they don't have a voice, or want to speak up for someone else without a voice, or want an opportunity to say to those who never listen to us anyway 'WE DON'T LIKE THIS' is anonymous.
You don't need an invite. You're already nameless, and faceless in the eyes of TPTB anyway.
Win or lose, it's better to say you tried, than to sit back and pass judgment, and label all these people, like a hypocrite, when YOU have gripes too.
Or at least if you truly disagree, and want no part of it... then stop telling people like me how rich I am, and how much of a child I am. Because it's simply not true.

From ALL the anonymous. The young, the old, the poor, the ones with homes and jobs and cars, and the ones without. The educated, or the uneducated. The ill, the healthy. The hopeful, and the helpless...

EXPECT US.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I agree. You can't kill an idea. They are doing more for the world then most of the people on this website who are keyboard activists and criticise anything which isn't their opinion.

Anon aren't just teenagers, the hackers that have been caught in the past year have been relatively young, but them being caught is probably just inexperience in protecting themselves on the web against the people who are out to get them.

Anon is an idea, an idea that can't be killed, Anon is anyone who is willing to speak up against the world we live in.

I was thinking of posting a similiar thread to this due to a discussion that was on another thread which you were also involved in and got the idea for this thread from?

Deny ignorance, think outside your own opinion.

Peace and Love ATS

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

Most people already know this.... blame Sabu and Lulzsec for the negative press, then again they kinda put Anon out there to begin with (in a large way) so it's a catch 22.

Also, from a citizen... thanks for helping out with Occupy, but remember Anon DID NOT start occupy... in the least.

Occupy was already in the works when Anon picked up the ball and ran with it so do not confuse the two.
edit on 10/3/2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
No, no, no, it's Psy Ops.
Haven't you heard?

OT
I appreciate this thread.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
That was a good move if you ask me.
We all know how anon gets around ;P

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well said mum

Hang on to your mask, this may just be the time we overcome the people that have been part of the reason for the current state of affairs. It's not just the elites to blame, its the, for a lack of a better term, idiots who actually think they are playing fair ball and are not the problem. They alone do not hold the power in the hands, their power also comes from the blind sheeps who continue about in their ways making snarky comments at those who wan't to see a change.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

[color=FFF9DB]I agree completely. People should stop making bashing statements and criticizing others, whom they know nothing about.

[color=E3F1FF]On that same note: People should stop worshipping and glorifying others, whom they know nothing about.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yes, it was copied from my reply in another thread, I just felt it was relevant;

Some people don't see a point to anonymous, or point out that they could be doing something positive instead of standing around with signs..
They COULD all gather together and feed the homeless, (some of them do that too!) but things need to be taken one step at a time. What's the point in clothing and feeding someone for a few days, until resources run out.. when the problems with society that put these people in that position still exist?

Signs and banners never changed anything.
Unfortunately though, we live in a world where people at home are faceless, and nameless numbers.
The governments across the world don't see individual people... they see statistics, and percentages.
It's people like you and me, people who really don't have a lot, and struggle through life, without complaining to anyone except close friends and family.. that these b*****rds like.
"Sure they moan, but they keep paying taxes, and no-one listens to them.. who cares"

Governments have to be pressured into doing whats right, because to them 'what's cost effective' or 'what's easier' will always come first.
Movements and protests like this need to be a persistent annoyance buzzing in the ear of TPTB, because it's only when something wont go away, will they change anything at all.
Without numbers of people gathered together, protesting, they may never SEE anger, they may never hear our concerns... many voices are better than just yours, or mine alone.

MSM, and people who are down on this movement will damage it, and it will fizzle out.
Which is such a crying shame, when it's such a beautiful opportunity.
Don't we deserve to be seen?
Don't we deserve to be part of that constant annoying buzzing in the ear of TPTB?

Some of these kids might be smartasses, and they might be doing this for 'something to do' and they might just be tapping on keyboards.... but with their energy, and their ability to organise people in greater numbers with voices, the have given us the best shot at we have at stepping out from the shadows of the daily grind and shouting 'NO' if only we'd take it.

I salute them for that.
That's all I can say really.

You will never see a revolution in America Or UK. This is the best we've got. It's happening right now.
Don't let that slip away from you.
Forget the stupid masks, and any hostility towards them for being well fed kids, and realise that they have handed you a megaphone and a chance to use it!
Use it.

Anonymous is not just a movement, it's an idea. It really is. It's the idea that people like you or me, who are just another number on another computer database to the government, can gather with the other nameless people and speak up.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
well I would say the the majority of anon is bratty kids that think their a part of some secret society, even many of the older member run around with guy fawks masks, scream stupid memes, and say how much they can hack you. anon was something interesting once but now it's just random individuals making videos and threads claiming to represent anon(which is not possible). there Is NO "group" called anonymous, just individual claiming to be anonymous. I remember when the only thing important to anon was delivering...

new topics

top topics

join