It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#Occupy Movements spreading across U.S. & Globe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The #Occupy Wall Street movement is is starting to spread like wildfire.
Within just the past week movements have been started all over the U.S, and all over the globe.

Maybe now is the time we've all been waiting for.

You know I'm in.
Peace.

P.S. Please no recruiting, this thread was deleted the first time for that, and that is the last thing we need is deletion of - in my opinion - very important information. If you want to do that, use Facebook, or something.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm truly trying to understand....how exactly is protesting going to change ANYTHING about the corruption of the bankers & government?

This notion is baffling to me. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome that people are getting up off their butts and voicing their opinions, but how is it going to change anybody's mind who is in power?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

I don't think it's so much about changing their minds, we don't need to.

We outnumber them, by a lot, and if every single one of us were to say we're not doing anything until there's change, well there's nothing they could do about it!

That is the point of the 99% slogan, there's way more of us than them, we just need to join together to remind them of that little fact they've forgotten. (: We control things.

Government by the people, and for the people. Not corporations.
Peace.
(:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nihonjindesu08

I pray for this.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It helps raise awareness.
It causes those who have the means necessary to change the way things are to have another reason to do so.

Millions of people worldwide will be learning about this protest!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I'm truly trying to understand....how exactly is protesting going to change ANYTHING about the corruption of the bankers & government? This notion is baffling to me. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome that people are getting up off their butts and voicing their opinions, but how is it going to change anybody's mind who is in power?

you are on ATS and you dont know???

that notion is baffling

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Lots of these no one ever noticed much before.

Here is a good one:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
These organized riots, er I mean 'flash-protests', will certainly change things. And that 'change' isn't what you think it may be. If anyone thinks that we've (U.S. Citizens) had many of our 'freedoms' stripped away from us, over this past decade...

You ain't seen nothing yet! If this event is successful, it'll be the curtain-call for Americans.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
These organized riots, er I mean 'flash-protests', will certainly change things. And that 'change' isn't what you think it may be. If anyone thinks that we've (U.S. Citizens) had many of our 'freedoms' stripped away from us, over this past decade...

You ain't seen nothing yet! If this event is successful, it'll be the curtain-call for Americans.

I am not sure what you mean?

the best thing that could happen is an undeniable, boldfaced attempt to utilize a curtain.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
I'm truly trying to understand....how exactly is protesting going to change ANYTHING about the corruption of the bankers & government?

This notion is baffling to me. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome that people are getting up off their butts and voicing their opinions, but how is it going to change anybody's mind who is in power?

REALLY??????

I'll give just ONE single example: JP Morgan is so struck with FEAR that they just 'donated' a few MILLION DOLLARS to the NYPD... for their protection.

THATS SPEAKS VOLUMES right there. Not to mention a nice DENT in their POCKETBOOK.

This POWER of the PEOPLE in NUMBERS does WAAAAY more than you think to the corrupt scum.

edit on 3-10-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
This is just the beginning. People, hold on, grab a bite to eat and some liquid, grab a seat and enjoy the show.

25 cities online currently and another 150 by the end of the month, that is just the first wave.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
if we wanted real change we'd be TELLING them that we are firing every single person, and then we will rehire everyone again based on what's good for everyone. we need to reform EVERYTHING, our way of life.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Yes, numbers are all we have.
But we have a lot of them, way more than they do.

I can't wait to see where this goes(:

top topics

join