It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Americans Celebrate The Death Of Others?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by MysticPearl

These people do not look like or sound like Americans,,,, And A GREAT Many DEATHS Just Took Place.

Geeeeee, Don't Look Like All Americans To Me,,,, I Have To Ask,,, Isn't it Palestine Obama wants to be Reconized as A Country.

edit on 30-9-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

A great response worth reading again...its ironic how the OP has received so many stars is it not?

Perhaps they should be crescents?

Point out where I said others around the world don't celebrate death. I'll wait. If you can't, it would just mean when you disagree you don't have the ability to stay on topic, and are instead attacking me for something I never said.

You wouldn't do something like that, would you???

Where your whole thread fails in relation to integrity is as I tried to coach you on earlier
....is the poor choice of wording.
If you had said some Americans you would not have such negative replys to your affirming seeeking OP.

How so many stars have been credited to your OP when no one appears to agreee with you is mystifying

It is important not to generalise.

Did you not see my edit under my first post, which I posted about 10 mins after posting the thread. I specifically clarified that I wasn't talking about all Americans, and particularly, those here on ATS. I clearly pointed that out in my OP! Go check. I said more along the lines of what we hear on the MSM and Americans we run into in our everyday lives. Not all Americans. Not members on ATS.

This was my edit.

Edit: I should clarify, after seeing a few responses. I'm not referring to ATS members here. People on ATS are more in touch with reality then most. I'm referring more to who we see on the MSM, and who we run into in our everyday lives.
So, given that it's been there for the majority of the time this thread has been up, how does that mean ALL Americans?
edit on 30-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

That's Easy, Maybe you should not of wrote this:

Why do Americans celebrate the death of others so much?

In general, it seems many Americans don't feel any shame/remorse/guilt, or anything of the like, when it comes to

Most of us here are Very, Very Tired Of The Americans Are Killers Threads.
Why didn't you bother to mention, All other Nations Cheer The Deaths of Their Enemies?
Why did you make it, Americans Only and YES, You Did and Yes, You Tried To Throw Perry Under The Bus.
I Don't Like Perry, But So What, People Like The Idea That Murders Afters Years and Years of Appeals Get Put To Death,,,,, Now didn't they Kill their Victim?
That's another thread and Yes it has been discussed here.
But Stop With The, Whining That Some Of Us, Derailed Your Thread, We Did Nothing More Than Tried To Show YOU, Others Cheers The Deaths Of Americans Too,,,,,,,
Please Stop With The Americans Are Bad People threads.
I am Now a Very Proud American Citizen, America Love It or Leave It!!

So you didn't read my edit, where I clarified, in my OP either did you? If you're offended, move on. Wasn't meant to offend. But if you don't see and hear people in America, especially on the news, wanting to go to war, and not caring about the death we cause around the world, I don't know what to say. Why am I going to discuss all nations if I wanted to discuss America? It doesn't mean other nations don't do the same. It doesn't mean I don't recognize it. It means I brought up America.

So if someone hypothetically says "Ford cars suck", your defense is that they didn't bring up every other model around the world which sucks?

If you wanted to ask a question about something I didn't originally bring up, that's fine, I'd answer. But attacking me for something I never brought up?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

It is Not Worth Trying To Argue This Point With You,, You Don't Get It

It was Your Title That Brought Every One Here .
Your Title: Why Do Americans Celebrate The Death Of Others?,

What Do you see? The Words Americans and Celebrate and Death and Finally,,,, The Kicker,, OF OTHERS!!!!
That means One and All!!
Then you had to throw in that little piece about People Applauding How Many People Texas has Put to Death.
You're not able to comprehend the Fact That Not All Americans and Not All Peoples of Earth Enjoy Killing.
But You Need To Comprehend Many Do and That Is A Fact.

edit on 30-9-2011 by guohua because: spelling

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

You're not able to comprehend the Fact That Not All Americans and Not All Peoples of Earth Enjoy Killing.

You can't be serious. Are you now simply making # up? I never said all Americans, yet you have that thought in your head, and keep running with it. I never said anything of the like. All Americans and ALL People of Earth enjoy killing? What the hell are you puffing on over there?

Some of your post doesn't make sense. I need to comprehend what I've been saying all along?
Keep going with your stawman argument. Way to create an alternative argument out of nowhere, put words in my mouth, and then attempt to hammer me for it.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

So are you going to continue to ignore my question or are you going to tell us what perfect Garden of Eden paradise country you live in?.....

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

So are you going to continue to ignore my question or are you going to tell us what perfect Garden of Eden paradise country you live in?.....

Oh, the question you asked after coming in and slamming the thread as infantile, because I asked about Americans instead of others? This post of yours?

Yawn- yet another infantile anti-American thread.... Why don't change the thread title to say "people" or "human beings" instead of "Americans"? I suggest you watch the following videos and open your eyes.....

Where you assumed because I asked this question about Americans, that I didn't think it happens elsewhere? Where you automatically jumped to a conclusion, and that you don't feel comfortable discussing this without first pointing out it happens elsewhere, so that makes it more acceptable for you? So, if I were to question why America keeps going to war, your response would be "why aren't you pointing out all the other countries which go to war, educate yourself"?

What a joke of an argument. Born and raised in America. Surprising?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

No-killing is not acceptable to me-but-again-if you are coming in all innocent saying "I know other countries/people do it"-why didn't you say "humans" or "people" in your thread title instead of "Americans"? It just reeks of anti-American trolling-sorry-that's just how it comes across...
And for the third time now-please tell what Shangri-La paradise you live in........

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

No-killing is not acceptable to me-but-again-if you are coming in all innocent saying "I know other countries/people do it"-why didn't you say "humans" or "people" in your thread title instead of "Americans"? It just reeks of anti-American trolling-sorry-that's just how it comes across...
And for the third time now-please tell what Shangri-La paradise you live in........

It was an honest question. So anything perceived as anti-American is trolling? I wasn't discussing other countries. How does that make this trolling? Why are you assuming I don't know about what happens abroad, simply because I posted a thread about America?

I live in Calif, from NY. What is with your smart ass Shangri-La comment? What the hell does that have to do with anything. I didn't start this thread by trying to be a smart ass. What is with all your smart ass comments? Why in your mind, can't an American discuss American viewpoints he has witnesses, in America, without you bringing up other countries, as if that makes it ok?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I give up-you simply aren't getting the point myself and other posters are trying to make....
And by the way- resorting to profanity and personal insults is really not the way to get your point across....

edit on 1-10-2011 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2011 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

I wouldn't see it too incredibly weird to celebrate death, ever hear the "saints go marching...oh I want to be in that number"? different parts of the USA and of the world celebrate death as they reflect on the life that individual lived.

but I get the point and on the issue

America on the other hand (and yes I am a born American) has a billion reasons for acting as we do. I believe the answer to your question has a lot to do with a mixture of fear and lies, the thought that we killed the villans.
we have become very desensitized to the idea of death and dying, as if it happened as it does in the movies or video games. A Great example would be most people still believe you grab your chest and fall over in the unfortunate event your struck with a heart attack. Anyone with a speck of medical knowledge will tell you this is not the case.
My last theory is America (Its cheering masses) Are a lot less cosmopolitan (worldly) than ever. If the economy was better and travel was more they might have an opportunity to visit these places and see with their own eyes. Television aside from a channel doesn't show other countries in a positive light (mostly satire), or it could be anything from not wanting to know to media suppression. I personally never felt like 1 or 2 usually bad news stories I see from time to time reflect a country as a whole.
-+- point is educate people, not preach but make it available.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Personally I don't "celebrate" ANY death, especially the deaths of innocent men, women, and children caught up in wars in which we are involved. I grieve for every last one of them. I don't know any of my friends who are that way either, although I admit hearing a few say they were glad bin Laden was dead they weren't buying each other beers and sapping each other on the back.

The loss of any human life is tragic, and in the case of war entirely preventable.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
To begin with, I really don't believe that all americans celebrate the death of others. However, many of them do so. And I believe this has to do with the fact that Americans have never suffered the loss of many in their own land. I mean, except for 9/11 and Pearl Harbor, where in both cases the victims where many innocent lives, but still uncomparable to the ones in Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Iraq, Afganistan, Serbia etc, they have never felt what's it like to be bombed, to be at war where you live. They have never felt this way, therefore, they can't understand what a terror this is. That's why, thousands of miles away, from the safety of their own home, can laugh with the terror they are causing other people to feel. If they had felt it, I assure you they would be much more careful in their statements and in their attitude towards war. However, people should understand and sympathise with what other people feel, whether they have been in their shoes or not. That's called humanitarianism, and if all people believed in this concept, the world would be a much better place to live in.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
If americans were really decent people, they would demand their government to stop the genocide in Iraq..fact

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

You know, I was going to reply with numerous pictures of other country's people hopping up and down on America Human remains, helicopters, shooting in the air after Americans were decapitated, hanged, light on fire and general celebration in the streets but thought, "Hey, it is just Americans that celebrate death".
But then I realized it will do no good to someone in your mindset.
A preconceived notion that will never change.

An epic failure on your part.

From the mouth of Neo96 "Meh
"!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Not to necessarily call you ignorant, but when people say things like Americans are ignorant, Americans are stupid, Americans are spoiled, Americans are this or that, or in this case Americans celebrate the deaths of others they are generally guilty of being ignorant of the fact that America is incredibly diverse intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, culturally, politically, and in every other way possible. So much so that I assume that the rest of the world is the same way. Although, I do admit I am biased to believe that we are more diverse.

Take Bin Laden's death for an example. Although this can be broken up even more we don't even agree an the validity of the events. Some people believe or are undecided but leaning towards believing that he was responsible for 9/11 and that we killed him. Some people don't believe or are undecided but leaning towards him not being responsible for 9/11 but believe we did kill him. Some people believe that he was responsible, but we didn't kill him at that time. Others do not believe that either happened. Out of the people who generally accept both events, there were people that did celebrate with joy over his death, people that were mildly happy that we finally got him(this is most likely, by my observations, to be the most popular persuasion yet not even close to the majority), people that weren't necessarily happy or mad but thought that the situation could have been handled better all around(this is where I fall in), and people that were upset that we didn't necessarily prove, beyond any doubt, that he was guilty before we assassinated him. The other positions on the validity of the events can also be broken up similarly but according to their beliefs.

I would also like to point out that in the debates in which groups in the audiences cheered the death penalty, booed a gay soldier, and cheered the idea of letting an uninsured man die these were just groups of the audiences, and in fact, I heard these groups were scolded by those that didn't cheer or boo. Out of those that didn't boo there was bound to be people who agreed but weren't that politically stupid to act so inappropriately, people who agreed with the basic ideas that caused the cheers and boos but found it extremely inappropriate to cheer or boo them, and people that completely disagreed with the inappropriate dim wits. What I found most alarming about each case is that none of the politicians, that had a chance to, even attempted to explain why it was wrong for them to do that, or even, at the very least, distance themselves from the inappropriateness, immaturity, and lack of morality of those audience members.

Of course, we naturally stereo-type everything. That is just how our brains work. We categorize things into groups and place values on them. This is actually quite necessary, as it would take far more time, energy, and ability then we have to actually recognize everyone and everything on a completely individual level. This is why when people see things like Americans celebrating the death of others they assume that all, most, or a lot (I assume this is your opinion) of Americans do so, but please realize that when you see people act in some way or even if you see repeating patterns of some actions that these are not indicative of the whole. Further, these are, in most cases, not indicative of the majority. Although I realize we don't have a monopoly on any of these, I hope you can see that in America we have some of the greatest thinkers AND some of the most ignorant idealists, some of the most generous and kind people AND some of the most greedy and despicable people, some of the richest AND some of the poorest, and different levels of everything else. To categorize us in any absolute way is just wrong.

To finally get to your question, which I obviously think should be changed to, "Why do some Americans celebrate the death of others?", I have to say one answer just won't cut it. lol I assume it would be similar to people who do the same in other countries. Some may just be sadistic in nature and take pleasure in killing and witnessing death in others. Some may be immature. Some may be brainwashed into demonizing certain people. Some may just see it as one more step towards a better world. I don't know. Perhaps what you're really asking is "Why is the celebration of death in others more common in America?" Well, I can't be certain on the validity of that assumption, but, if true, it may be more prevalent in our overall culture to desire retribution. Thus, when we get some sense of it, some of us celebrate.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
If americans were really decent people, they would demand their government to stop the genocide in Iraq..fact

Fact, there are a lot of us that want the Military withdrawn from the ME.
Let it burn!!!

So much for your uneducated stereotype..

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

These people do not look like or sound like Americans,,,, And A GREAT Many DEATHS Just Took Place.

Geeeeee, Don't Look Like All Americans To Me,,,, I Have To Ask,,, Isn't it Palestine Obama wants to be Reconized as A Country.

A great response worth reading again...its ironic how the OP has received so many stars is it not?

Perhaps they should be crescents?

It's funny how you guys bring this up without mentioning how many decades America has been attacking their countries. Of course they are going to cheer when the country that has been attacking them is finally been attacked. Why no mention of the Muslims who were among the first responders to help people. I would mention how the Jews helped also but they didn't show up for work that day.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ariess

Extremely well said.....

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

You say let it burn and you call me uneducated wow thats a laugh keep dreaming kid

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by macman

You say let it burn and you call me uneducated wow thats a laugh keep dreaming kid

How is that uneducated?
Should we be there or not?
Very simple.
If we should, then stop the whining and crying about people deemed the enemy getting killed.
If we shouldn't be, then don't cry as the ME burns.

What is the problem here?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join