It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Judge: No Right to Decide What to Eat Without Permission from State

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Demonstrating his ignorance of core values enshrined in common law and what Judge Cooley defined as the “right to be left alone” from overly pernicious government interference, a Circuit Court judge in Wisconsin has ruled that people who consume raw milk have no right to do so.

In response to a request from the Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund for clarification in a court case on the issue, Judge Patrick J. Fielder wrote that the “court is unwilling to declare that there is a fundamental right to consume the food of one’s choice without first being presented with significantly more developed arguments on both sides of the issue.”

According to Fielder, citizens must get permission from the state before deciding what they can or cannot eat or drink.

“Plaintiffs do not have a fundamental right to consume the milk from their own cow,” he decided, and added that “Plaintiffs do not have a fundamental right to produce and consume the foods of their choice,” not without permission from government.

Fielder underscored his belief – and the belief of the state – that an individual must gain permission from government to consume food.

He wrote that only “a license holder” can sell milk and the license holder “must do so in a way that complies with the laws of Wisconsin.”

Source:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Are you freaking kidding me? I am seriously getting annoyed by this stupidity. But if it isn't obvious by now, here is what I think is going on. They are trying to corner everyone into sticking with GMO and stop people from growing their own. In other words they keep outlawing nature while they keep trying to play God.

But the mind blowing part was this comment.

According to Fielder, citizens must get permission from the state before deciding what they can or cannot eat or drink.

This is the kind of people that run the justice system. When will america wake up? Where is the sleeping giant!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
Are you freaking kidding me? I am seriously getting annoyed by this stupidity. But if it isn't obvious by now, here is what I think is going on. They are trying to corner everyone into sticking with GMO and stop people from growing their own. In other words they keep outlawing nature while they keep trying to play God.

But the mind blowing part was this comment.

This is the kind of people that run the justice system. When will america wake up? Where is the sleeping giant!

The basic concept of government authority over your own body, is not new. One of the best examples is mandatory seatbelt laws.

Seatbelt laws were almost wholly bought and paid for by the insurance industry as an avenue to reduce their expenses and increase profit margins. But for the sake of good PR, the case is made for YOUR safety and states enforce it using YOUR safety as an excuse for increasing their own revenue via ticketing campaigns.

Now, in the case of minor children, seatbelt laws pass muster of logic but for adults? No, because in the case you were to end up on the hood of your own car or dangling from a tree branch, you are the only one who is physically harmed... unless you were to make like bloody superman and fly across the highway and smack a gas station attendant or something.

The raw milk thing works the same way because drinking it is a personal risk that the health insurance industry prefers you don't take. In fact, they have probably been behind government efforts to strip your access to it.

We are no longer a nation of We the People under the protection of a robust constitution. We are basically cattle, owned and protected for the good (and profits) of those who oversee our daily lives.

edit on 30-9-2011 by redoubt because: typos

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
thats why all the law abiding folks will starve and the criminals will eat like kings.after a couple generations america will be worse than somalia.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The problem is no government wants their people to think for themselves, they only want us to repeat their mantra, we did not do 911, we will poison you with flouride, mercury etc etc.The western world will end up dumbed down due to GMO and all the other issues. China do not want their people thinking for themselves, Arab countries dont want their people thinking for themselves, re communism and islamism. I pity all those youngsters in the middle east who thought they will be getting a better system, lets see how long before they start backlashing against islam, it wont be long mark my words, I feel they have not moved from frying pan to fire but frying pan to boiling pot.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
What in the hell?

an individual must gain permission from government to consume food.

Since when?

I grow more and more disgusted with our government by the day.

edit on 9/30/2011 by martianmallow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Incredible.

I'm honestly shocked that such a ruling was made. Makes you wonder even more about what's going on behind the scenes to push GMO, excuse the pun, down peoples throats in America.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

What the hell is wrong with these judges? I mean, way to just throw out any actual laws that we have and make it up as you go along.

This judge needs to be removed.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Is anyone surprised by the decisions coming out of the ring wing government of Wisconsin in the last year?

This is what freedom looks like in a fascist state.
edit on 30-9-2011 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Funny how the GOP wanted to be the party of "small government", yet all of their legislation since taking over is completely social and FAR over reaching.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Is anyone surprised by the decisions coming out of the ring wing government of Wisconsin in the last year?

Probably less to do with political slant than special interests which both parties sleep with. In fact, the more people argue left vs. right politics, the less we watch more than one side and what they are doing behind our backs.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I say...take the brain addled judge...confine him on a one acre plot of fertile land. Give him one milking cow, packets of non-legal seeds to grow food.....

Let's see how long he follows the law, he implemented, and starves. Set your timer...he'll be guzzling raw milk by the end of the first day.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Lets also hang darwin while we are at it!

Let nature take its course i say, sure theres good reason for making sure everything is labeled correctly and the customer knows what hes getting. If i buy a cow and it comes with a directions for use warning label im gunna be so stunned! ;p

Im sure theres other substances that need to be better controlled rather than motioring whos been guzzling raw milk....

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Oi - it's going to get much worse until _we_ make it better.

That does not involve voting for Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

What the hell is wrong with these judges? I mean, way to just throw out any actual laws that we have and make it up as you go along.

This judge needs to be removed.

~Keeper

Ah, why? Further more, how will he be removed, and who shall do it? lol. He was merely playing his role within a corrupt system, which stands for nothing and falls for a brief case of money, or two, or three, whatever the price, the taxpayer picks it up at the end of the day.
edit on 30-9-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I say...take the brain addled judge...confine him on a one acre plot of fertile land. Give him one milking cow, packets of non-legal seeds to grow food.....

Let's see how long he follows the law, he implemented, and starves. Set your timer...he'll be guzzling raw milk by the end of the first day.

Can I take the Acre instead?

edit on 30-9-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Sure, why not. But, then you have brain-addled judge having you arrested for drinking raw milk :

Can you imagine being the cop, sent out to arrest someone for drinking raw milk......"no, you can't drink that, pour it out right now".

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I was hoping to see this thread. I found an article about this yesterday.

Its an illegal decision, and needs to be taken to a higher constitutional court.

The Constitution does NOT DEFINE people's rights, they have inalienable rights.

in·al·ien·a·ble/inˈālēənəbəl/
Adjective: Unable to be taken away from or given away by the possessor: "inalienable human rights"

The constitution renogatiates a select for areas of our infinite rights that the Governments want to intrude on.

Furthermore every person should be standing up on this and many other issues. Most of all do not follow crimes, and this decision is a fascist crime.
edit on 30-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'd like to see them try and stop me because that's when I take up arms and defend myself.

I'll be damned if anyone is going to tell me what I can and can not consume.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join