It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reno Air Show Crash Proves Shanksville and Pentagon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
My thoughts...

Reno crash: much smaller plane, constructed of different materials, very little fuel, did not hit ground at terminal velocity, crashed into steel reinforced concrete.

Shanksville crash: large jet plane, loaded with fuel, likely hit ground at or near terminal velocity, crashed into dirt.

IMO, you can not even compare the two, as there are too many variables that differ.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Saltarello

So, where are the engines in shanks? Or in the pentacon? Ah I see, nothing to see here as usual huh?

They are like the Reno crash. SHredded!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Engine at Shanksville

Engine parts at Pentagon

www.aerospaceweb.org...

At crash site I was at neither of the 2 jet engines survived in any recognizable form

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Reno crash: much smaller plane, constructed of different materials, very little fuel, did not hit ground at terminal velocity, crashed into steel reinforced concrete.

Same materials.
Both were above 'terminal' velocity. But the jets were going faster so you can expect greater shredding.
Blacktop. The runway might have been concrete but not where it hit.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedman

Engine at Shanksville

Engine parts at Pentagon

www.aerospaceweb.org...

At crash site I was at neither of the 2 jet engines survived in any recognizable form

Utter rubbish .
You are a dis-info agent of the highest order .

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATH911

reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Rest was shredded into "metallic confetti"

So where was all that "metallic confetti" at Shanksville that was said to have equaled 95% of the 757?

Where you there? By your witness are you saying when you were walking around the crash site you didn't see enough wreckage? Or is this based on what you can Google?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65

There is still no evidence ( in real time ) of a plane hitting the Pentagon . Do you seriously expect us to believe that "hundreds" of people witnessed the event and yet not one single frame of film as appeared over the last 10 years .

I pray for the souls of you misguided , flag waving morons .

Now you conspiracy people are getting beyond ridiculous with this baloney. Let's be honest- you really aren't interested in seeing any actual photos or video. You're simply grasping at straws in desperation out of not wanting to accept the fact your conspriacy claims are hogwash. You can hide your heads in the sand if you wish, but the fact still remains that, yes, hordes of eyewitnesses specifically saw the plane hitting the Pentagon, yes, there was large amounts of aircraft wreckage all over the place, and yes, the flight recorder was recovered showign it was in fact flight 77. If eyewitness accounts, aircraft wreckage, and even a flight recorder aren't enough to convince you then you're lying through your teeth if you're attempting to claim that any video or photos will convince you.

Up until now, the truthers have been saying the photo that has been released was faked on some secret gov't sound stage, presumably the same secret gov't sound stage where you people think they faked the moon landing. Plus, you've built up for yourselves a cottage industry of childishness where you accuse everything and everyone that disagrees with what you want to believe of being "gov't disinformation" or "paid informants". Heck, there are conspiracy theorists who are insisting every single video of the plane hitting the WTC were faked so how would you truthers NOT insist any such photos would be faked even if it did exist?

If you conspiracy people want to wallow in abject paranoia, it's one thing, but I would appreciate it if you would be honest about your true intentions. Your hiding behind this "we want to see the photos" bit when you really don't give a flip about any photos is being disingenuous, and your "we're all a bunch of morons if we don't believe you" bit doesn't even remotely cut it anymore.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
As in this Reno Air Show crash, the metal has to go somewhere.

The Air racers are flying at a banked angle so when it crashed it most likely cartwheeled which added to the destruction of the aircraft.

But comparing this to the 911 crashes is rather akin to apple and oranges.

9200 lbs is the weight of the Service WWII P-51 and not a modern race modified one which would be considerably lighter probably closer to the empty weight at 7600 lbs.

For the original Mustangs had 6 50 caliber machine guns which were removed from the surplus aircraft and would add a considerable amount of weight. They also had a third gas tank behind the pilot which is removed in civilian versions.

The racers also shave/shorten the wing span for less drag and higher speed.

Comparing the dry weights of the two aircraft, lets round it up to 8,000.lb. for comparison's sake for the P-51, we have

8000 lb. vs 127,000. lb. for the modern 757 Aircraft dry, meaning without fuel.

A factor of almost 14 times as much weight, as in the metal airframe and engine(s) weight only.

This Comparing this crash site to that of the Pentagon or Shanksville should reveal similar and equitable amounts of debris. As in a much larger amount of debris for they were carrying passengers and luggage.

Where did all of the metal pieces and hundreds of seats and luggage go ?

Which raises more questions as to why ?

edit on 23-9-2011 by nh_ee because: typos and additions

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I wish there was a mine shaft the plane could've miraculously crashed and disappeared into so we could've had an even better photo comparison with the Shanksville crash site. There's never a mine shaft when you need one. Oops.....scratch that.

RIP to the pilot and the spectators.

Peace

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

The Air racers are flying at a banked angle so when it crashed it most likely cartwheeled which added to the destruction of the aircraft.

The video clearly shows NO cartwheeling. It was less than 90 but greater than 60 degrees straight in. It might have bee inverted but I can't tell.

Very similar to Shanksville.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Heck, there are conspiracy theorists who are insisting every single video of the plane hitting the WTC were faked so how would you truthers NOT insist any such photos would be faked even if it did exist?
That's nothing compared to the ones that claimed there were holographic projections used to explain why eyewitnesses saw two planes fly into the WTC towers!

Of course some of the more stable truthers claimed that those people were just 'paid disinfo agents'.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Engine at Shanksville

See my avatar to see how this engine part was planted.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I wish there was a mine shaft the plane could've miraculously crashed and disappeared into so we could've had an even better photo comparison with the Shanksville crash site. There's never a mine shaft when you need one. Oops.....scratch that.

LOL, well there was no mine shaft in Shanks, it was full dirt, but that would have been the only logical explanation as to how most of a 757 could bury and get covered up, yet the amount of displaced dirt being the exact amount to fill back the crater level as if nothing had buried beneath.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

That's nothing compared to the ones that claimed there were holographic projections used to explain why eyewitnesses saw two planes fly into the WTC towers!

Of course some of the more stable truthers claimed that those people were just 'paid disinfo agents'.

I think that, above all else, is why all I can do is roll my eyes after reading these claims here. Literally to a many, every single conspiracy theory heavily depends on the existence of armies of sinister secret agents hidden throughout all walks of life going around murdering innocent people behind the scenes for the greater good of some shadowy cabal. This strikes me as a kissing cousin to religious fervor, as all you need to do is swap "secret agents" for "Satan" and the exact same faith based logic applies.

Come to think of it, swap "top secret gov't technology" with "miracle of god" and it STILL applies.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

I have not read a single response here but I will pose a question to the OP - since when is a hammer an orange?

CJ

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ATH911

....yet the amount of displaced dirt being the exact amount to fill back the crater level as if nothing had buried beneath.

Wow! You were able to make that detemination by looking at a photo on the internet? Something that it would take professional surveyors days to do on the ground with sophisticated surveying instruments? And you wonder why ten years on and no one is picking up on these astonishing insights.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Alright guys, I can shed some light on this subject. In a previous thread where the topic was the debris of the Shanksville/Pentagon crash site, I went to plane crash info.com and searched through the database. I don't want to take the time to embed the images again, so here's a link to that post.

What I do is show the image of the crash site, and then compare it to an image of the airplane. The one's that I found have very small pieces of debris, and I didn't even come close to looking through the entire website.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Sweet Jesus OP! Are you mentally stable? This has got to be the dumbest attempt at debunking I've seen yet. I'm trying to think of another example to give you in order to show you how crazy and delusional your conclusion was, but I think comparing a 8,000 - 10,000 lb airplane to a 200,000 - 255,000 lb jetliner is ridiculous enough.

The P-51 is roughly the common model size of 1:32 compared to the 757-200.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah
Sweet Jesus OP! Are you mentally stable? This has got to be the dumbest attempt at debunking I've seen yet. I'm trying to think of another example to give you in order to show you how crazy and delusional your conclusion was, but I think comparing a 8,000 - 10,000 lb airplane to a 200,000 - 255,000 lb jetliner is ridiculous enough.

The P-51 is roughly the common model size of 1:32 compared to the 757-200.

Why? The OP is about comparing what happens to complex objects when they hit the ground at couple hundred miles and hour. Doesn't matter the difference in size. The OP isn't stating that the pile of remains should be the same TOTAL size, just the same condition.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join