It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Slaves Work For You ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MentalGiant

I know this is cute and all, but it is passing the slave trade to the consumer

You make a great point ,BUT ,we are still to blame ,as if we didn't buy or use these products ,these corporations would be out of business.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick

You make a great point ,BUT ,we are still to blame ,as if we didn't buy or use these products ,these corporations would be out of business.

Makes me think of the national debt and how the MSM tries to sell us that we're each responsible for $46,000 of it, like we are to blame.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I've got 14 slaves. For me that is way to many. The clothes and electronics are very low for me. The food choices added slaves on to my total. I eat local, organic food, no slavery there from what I can see.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Was a bit of a chore, getting through the test......wish I had one of my slaves to do it for me

None the less, I have 51 slaves

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludshed

Makes me think of the national debt and how the MSM tries to sell us that we're each responsible for $46,000 of it, like we are to blame.

I agree with you both on the illusion. Good Points. Just walk away from it all.

Listen i am financially sound, and what some would call, "Upper Middleclass" (whatever that means) (Im just a redneck who has worked hard, and has gotten lucky a few times in life) anyway....my wife is somewhat materialistic, it has taken her over 10 years to start participating in my simplistic/survivalist lifestyle, and i have just recently started hearing her brag to her friends about the knowledge she has gleaned over the years from my philosophies ofthe world, and how she is self reliant, and so forth...

So she has verbally rejected my survival minimalistic ideals, but has supported and followed me as spouse should, and now i see her emulating my philosophies. I just takes love, patience, and conviction to get someone to see the truth...

We have only had Walmart for 20 years, what did we do before??? get real people, we dont need Slave labor..

We need more people to get off their ass....FYI Television and the internet will steal your soul. literally, it will make you sit in front of it while LIFE passess you by.

I bet everyone here has wilderness within 2 hours, so why do you sit in front of the TV or the Computer when you can fet out there and hear some birds, see some bears, and test your "manhood" alone. it goves you perspective on life.

Once you spend a weekend in extreme wilderness all alone dealing with bears, potential mountain lions, deadly snakes, spiders, high falls, real danger, making a fire from scratch, dealing with wet wood, focusing just to eat....its easy to come back home Sunday night and deal with all the stupid bills, errands, doom, society, because you realize society is pointless, and just silly, when 24 hours ago you alomst got ate by an animal bigger than you, and there was no phone.

PERSPECTIVE!!!

We only have slave labor because we participate in it, learn to stich, bitches.....LOL
edit on 23-9-2011 by MentalGiant because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2011 by MentalGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I scored 13, mostly in China. I don't really want to own many things, I wonder if that helps?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

Mine also were mostly China. The thing is I don't buy Chinese made products. My clothes and such are local to the U.S, so is my food. My only sins in the slave industry is a car and a few obsolete electronics.

I think the survey assumes that we are all shopping at walmart.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You make a good argument ,BUT ,how did you write your comments "Laptop ,PC ,mobile phone" ?

Do you make your own clothes ,and were did the material come from ,i think were all be surprised if we really dig deep into were all the stuff we own comes from ,like everyday metals etc etc.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

There are too many factors for any survey to really take into account. It's a handy little tool for estimating the amount of slave labour that goes into the average consumer good. Personally, I buy things used and most of the things that brought my score up were made years ago - my laptop, for example, was bought new 5 years ago, so it's hardly as though those slaves are still working for me. Nevertheless, it's interesting.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Yeah, it was a fun exercise, but lots of holes in the test. Examples would be the frequency of purchases:

I have 10 pairs of jeans, but really only purchase one or 2 a year, then wear them out. Others may have purchase 10 pairs a year, as they need em all perfect and pretty.

Same with cars, we have 2 in the driveway and will drive them till they drop(10 years or so). Others have 2 in the driveway and replace em every year or two.

Same with food. American grown? Organic? Etc.....

So, while the test probably isnt thorough enough to offer a real measure, it is eye opening and educational.....which I think is the real point

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I think the whole idea of this app for seeing how many slaves you got ,is really to raise awareness ,to the fact the slave trade is stronger then ever in this commence world we now live in ,so you have to take the app with a pinch of salt for it being accurate ,and already some of you here ,have given it some though ,so in-effect the app is working ?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

Yeah, I had 16, but it doesn't take into account if you know your food came from the US....and most of mine were from China, too.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I am very aware of my actions and how much trash and pollutant I produce. Every time I see a sprawling discount store I wonder how many of the Chinese or Indian made products are really of any importance or real use. Ever been to a dollar store? If so what do you suppose the life expectancy is of those products, anything we buy for that matter.

Mindless consumerism... driven and marketed for the sake of GDP. Trade agreements destroy most cultures and their environments.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It appears the entire world is dependent on slaves, get rid of them and the world collapses.
What happens then?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Small-scale communism, bro
People forced to make things for themselves because industry has collapsed.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

To be honest, I am sure that half of my produce comes from South America. Apples in the winter, especially, have conspicuous "Product of Chile" stickers on them. Dairy is usually from this country, as far as I can tell, and meat is often imported from America. Even so... migrant workers in North America are often in situations that are sort of like free range slavery. They're serfs or indentured labourers, forced to pay off human traffickers and work for pittances. Still, it's a hell of a lot better than what this site says about Pakistani boys being frequently sold into 17 years of isolated slavery starting at age 13.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I have 31.

I don't think of my employees this way just so you know, but would I add my emplyees to this total?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

You make a good argument ,BUT ,how did you write your comments "Laptop ,PC ,mobile phone" ?

Do you make your own clothes ,and were did the material come from ,i think were all be surprised if we really dig deep into were all the stuff we own comes from ,like everyday metals etc etc.

OK. I hear you. It is really sad that it seems "regardless of what we try to do, we cannot escape slavery"

Thanks Maverick.

Perspective & Respect

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

113,998 That's good right? Isn't the idea to get the highest score? Regardless, that is a pretty cool game. But seriously... there is no way in the world to even quantify or calculate something like this. This is just more lefty propaganda and demogaugery meant to make me feel bad about living. Now I'm in the mood to go out and buy some Nikes.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I have 3 slaves....me, myself, and I.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join