It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Patrol Abuse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
What ever your stand on immigration I think we can all agree on basic human rights. To deny food and water to any person who is at the mercy of others is barbaric. To split up a family who's only crime is wanting to find a better life even if it was illegally is wrong! I have always thought power brings out the worst in people. You put someone in charge and there demons come out.

Some 2,981 people reported they were denied food, and more than 11,000 said they were given insufficient food by the Border Patrol, the report states. The report found that 863 people, many of whom were already dehydrated, were denied water. There were nearly 6,000 cases of overcrowding reported, and almost 3,000 people had at least some personal belongings not returned, the report states. In addition, 869 people -- including 17 children and 41 teenagers -- reported that they were split from their families and deported separately.

Link

On a side note I recommend people watch The experiment it's a great movie about how power can go to peoples heads.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
They should'a stayed their butts in their own country and then they wouldn't have to worry about this. I have exactly ZERO sympathy for them.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

I wonder do you feel that way about the two hikers who spent 2 years in an Iranian jail. Should they have kept there butts in america.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jrkelly77

Also relevant;
en.wikipedia.org...

And they are human man, they shouldn't be denied food and water because they passed a line that nobody really drew. I will walk where I please, thank you.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

I'm guessing the movie I mentioned was based on Stanford prison experiment it's the exact same thing! I didn't realize it was based on fact makes the movie all the more creepier!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Yeah, I figured as much. Human rights violation, much?

This should be paired with the thread about the illegal immigrant women who where handcuffed to the gurney whilst giving birth, messssssssssed up man!

link   

That is because you are evil.
second line.

link   
reply to post by EvanJP

Really?

Somebody drew all the lines and countries were born. While you may not see it them, they exist.

I know a guy who has "No trespassing! Trespassers will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!" signs posted on all his fences. He hasn't killed anybody yet though. But he will stick a rifle in your face if he catches you on his property.

People think it's a joke, but he demands that you ask for permission, which he has always granted. Politeness forced at the barrel of a rifle?

It's effective.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrkelly77

I wonder do you feel that way about the two hikers who spent 2 years in an Iranian jail. Should they have kept there butts in america.

Exactly.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa

That is because you are evil.
second line.

Not evil, just pragmatic. I don't sneak into Mexico and expect the cartels to feed and water me; the illegals that come here shouldn't expect for us to feed and water them either. It's simple, if they hadn't broke the law coming here then they wouldn't have to worry about how they're treated.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Okay, I can easily see your logic, it's just not how I perceive the situation.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I understand not crossing boarders. I have a no tresspassing sign, but if i held someone on my property and refused them food and water. I would be charged with kidnapping and many other charges.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
historically and geographically, california and texas belonged to the mexicans until overbearing hicks decided because they planted a potato or bought a cow that it belongs to them.

i hope every mexican crosses the border and these descendants of thieving, murdering invaders have to learn spanish for basic communication.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I think denying prisoners, which is what they are, food and water is wrong. But keep it simple. Peanut butter sandwichs and water alone..nothing more. Bland and easy. That way they get their protien and starches/carbs and are hydrated.

Heck it would even create a few jobs making the sandwiches. Though some one would get the contract, hire illegals to do the work, which would be the ultimate irony.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It comes down to basic human rights. We get all up in arms when we hear of countries miss treating americans when they have been detained for some reason or another, but if we do it so what they shouldn't of been there. I hope that none of your family members are ever arrested for anything and if they are you better pray they don't get some dung heap who likes to abuse the helpless!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I would be pretty pissed if they were fed better than I eat
and you are right just basics is all that's needed here. How hard is that hell they would've been glad to see one of those green bologna sandwiches from county jail

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I can not take seriously any referenced news story that uses the terminology "would-be unauthorized immigrants".

ILLEGAL ALIENS - always have been, always will be.

And what proof do you have OP that these illegal aliens are not simply LYING?

Have other border patrol agents stepped up to blow the whistle on fellow members? Or are we to take the word of known criminals (crossed border illegally) as gospel?

ETA - And did these illegals relate their stories in Spanish or did they at least have the decency to make the allegations in English?
edit on 22-9-2011 by IceFlower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IceFlower

So 13000 people lied. That's what you want me to think. These interviews took place in Mexico so I assume they were speaking Spanish because god forbid someone speak only English down there. I'm not here to argue about illegal immigration or what language people should speak where. It's about human rights. If you are going to detain someone you are responsable for there well being!

Heres a list of your boarder patrol agents that have been turned in and jailed where I'm sure there receiving food and water. It contains everything from rape to drug smuggling. link
edit on 22-9-2011 by jrkelly77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I almost made the same statement but decided against it, glad that you did.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

In a word, YES, I think the vast majority lied. I also think they were paid to do so by the Mexican government so that the US would feel sorry for them and let them in next time.

Only a handful of cases on the list you provided actually are cases for crimes against illegals. Nothing newer than October 2010. Surely you read your own link.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join