It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time.. How do men and women, think differently of Time?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
As a man I can only tell you, what my definition of time is. Time to me represents, the hours spent to achieve a certain goal. However to women it seems that time represents the hours waiting for the perfect man... You see I could be the happiest man with any women, yet I can only be happy with a women who appreciates my sense of time. Do you want to know why? Because in my experience, a women’s sense of time is reliant on a man patients/love to understand her... In other words, to understand a women, to understand her impatiens with those who don’t understand her. She has had men who are strong, yet she never felt loved. She has had men who are loving, yet she has never been unwanted. Women want what they don’t have, honestly in my experience women want what they don’t want, as if somehow they are always conflicted, and yet there biological instincts almost always win out. They want a man who is strong (who will protect them against tyrants) they want men who are understanding (who can feel there pain, when things hurt) who can love them no matter how they treat others (they want a man who is irrational to a mans rational side). Im fine with that in fact I want a women, who is loyal (regardless of there alpha male instincts, however at the same time I make it understood that I am alpha male that I will leave you, and that the only thing worthy to me is my time.) I want a women who will stand with me in my darkest hour.( however I make it a point to always do my due diligence, I refuse to be one upped even by myself, and if the time comes that I have failed, you better believe that I am looking for those who still believe in me( even though I may not show it).) last but not least we want someone who can love us regardless of whether we are (right or wrong) someone who will say I believe in you regardless if you disagree in our ways and ill tell you what. If I could find a women who would stick with me no matter what, who truly understood me, who gave me her best just as it’s expected of me, than I would give her my time. To me that’s my life, my time represents the accumulated value of my worth, and I would give it all to her.

What’s your gender specific opinion of time?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Sounds like you just described this...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

theres 2 ways to look at time:
1. time passes me by
2. time passes by

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

The thread was begging for it. I forgot..

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I'm a woman.

To me, time rules my day. I run a business, I'm a single parent. I have a child with a chronic health condition. Time seems to move incredibly fast. As soon as my feet hit the floor in the morning, everything is a blur until I can't keep my eyes open any longer.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absco

Sounds like you just described this...

lmao haha,actually i was trying to say something more like this.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'm deathly tired so night time for me but I do agree with you man, there is a difference. I'm too tired to type it out but do know that you're not alone.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Dude strait up, i look like a fool to my girl after the video you posted i cant stop laughing. she just dosent understand lol
edit on 20-9-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

What is time in terms of romatic love?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PassedKarma
I'm a woman.

To me, time rules my day. I run a business, I'm a single parent. I have a child with a chronic health condition. Time seems to move incredibly fast. As soon as my feet hit the floor in the morning, everything is a blur until I can't keep my eyes open any longer.

Yup, that pretty close to how I was going to respond. Single mom 3 kids. Either that or time means, how many things can you multitask at a time.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I completely agree, I've wondered about this for a while - if men and women's sense of time is different. Men seem to progress through time towards goals that they can visualize in their head. Women, on the other hand, seem to be incapable of understanding that sense of time. This is, of course, generalization and there would be exceptions.

I have also noticed that technology seems to have weakened everyone's sense of goal-oriented thinking, at least mine. I think a lot differently than I used to.

edit on 20-9-2011 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2011 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

You ARE generalizing. I am extremely goal oriented with my time. I've already achieved most of my goals (and they aren't relationship related) and have a huge goal that I am working towards. It is all business related. I have a few fun "life" goals I'd like to achieve over the next few years too. While I'd like to have someone to share my life with, that isn't happening and I'm not going to waste any more of my time looking for someone.

I actually don't really understand what point the OP is trying to get across... that men use their time to achieve goals and a womens sense of time is basically a constantly ticking biological clock?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
i'm typing this from my cell phone so excuse my sloppy grammer but before this derails into a sexist thread, i think i understand what the OP is trying to say. we all have different goals, ambitions, its hard to find someone who cares about the same things you do. you have a career, a kid, a life so to speak and you even said that if someone comes along, then thats the right person which kinda shows how selfish you are. we all are. we all want someone but are too selfish, bogged down in our own goals and lives that when the "right one" comes along, thats when we'll give them the time to be apart of our lives and share memories with

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
female here.
i read that men wish to be admired and women wish to be loved. so men, thinking women want to be admired, put their women on pedestals to admire them. this confuses the women, who want to be loved instead.
and women, who want to be loved, love the men instead of admiring them, which oftetimes resolves into the man thinking she's being too clingy or dependent on him. it's an odd dance.

and now, you can't say i haven't contributed anything to your existence.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Differences:

RIGHT NOW
Women - means right this second
Men - in the next few minutes, within a half hour

TODAY
Women - within the next hour
Men - some time before midnight tonight

TOMORROW
Women - the next day
Men - before the end of the week

IN A MINUTE
Women - in the next few minutes
Men - within the hour (see TODAY for Women)

SOON
Women - before the end of the day tomorrow
Men - within the month

THIS SEASON
Women - Until the end of the season
Men - Until she forgets she asked me to do it

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

HAHAHA!! That was GREAT! And true!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I do not believe in time. I think its a conspiracy by god to keep me here on this planet for whatever crazy ass reason. For some reason I always end up back here on this dreary lane, or at least more often the usually, something is definitely up.

So ya if I did not get reminded of my own birthday days before it happens by family, then I would forget how old I am as it stands now it's hard to care about such things. In fact it seems like just a bunch of trivial and uselessness information among the countless other trivial and useless information that i need to get rid of from my existence and mind.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
female here.
i read that men wish to be admired and women wish to be loved. so men, thinking women want to be admired, put their women on pedestals to admire them. this confuses the women, who want to be loved instead.
and women, who want to be loved, love the men instead of admiring them, which oftetimes resolves into the man thinking she's being too clingy or dependent on him. it's an odd dance.

and now, you can't say i haven't contributed anything to your existence.

A woman's test in Life is material

A man's test in Life is a woman

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

lol

well if you think about it, if a man's desire to be admired is instead met with the woman thinking he wants to be smothered in love, you can see why the op is like... eek, i need my time and space.

spacetime and the quantum physics of human interpersonal relationships, the new non-fiction book by stephen hawkings.
edit on 22-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Is there a "cure" to society’s sadist/masochist ideals? This thread is a fail simply because every person whether male or female falls under the spectrum of sadist/masochist. I find psychology really funny, as if we could define one as neurotic/psychotic for following simple archetype personalities that are individualized to the experience I really think psychology is great though, because it give us definitions to communicate our drives; however in reality we all just want what we want because we want it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join