It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change is possible, We cannot forget that

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It took me a long time to be able to get the words that I feel need to be said down. I am not one to post much nor am I one to throw my opinions around, I would rather listen and learn.

That being said I feel that a major issue with the protests in the United States is that there is no major goal that we are trying to achieve. In fact, that is a major problem with many of the people that I talk to and many of the posts that I read on this site. We do not know what we want. From childhood we have been told that we want to make money, keep our hard earned money for ourselves, and buy objects that are suppose to give ourselves meaning...

I do not want to rant about socialization or the fundamental problems of the American Dream, rather I want to establish a unifying goal, a set of basic rights that we can all agree on. Human rights, such as the right to basic food, water, shelter, the right to medicine, the right to live. We need to be protected from corporate gains and from political ideologies that further separate the people of this country.

My question to you is, what do you want? What do you want out of your government and what do you want out of life? Most importantly, What will it take for you to care enough to change this system?

The Day of Rage had the right idea but the name in itself is wrong, we should not be raging against any one person, for we all helped and allowed this to persist. We should not be raging but rather changing, accepting some blame and then working to fix it, because it is fixable. It is changeable, we just need to better understand what we want to change it into.

I want basic right for all people, I want to make this a place that once again stands for freedom, justice and the morality that we have lost bit by bit over the years. I fight for the people, I just want to know what it will take for the people to fight for themselves.

I refuse to believe that we are too far gone, I refuse to believe that this is all there is, and I refuse to accept that people do not care. This is our life, lets take control over it once again.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Great post, S+F.

You have a positive attitude at least, but I think it has to get much worse before it can get much better.

Politics is big business, and thus, those "representing" us are going to report to TPTB, and not to the citizens of the US. And until that changes, it will continue to get worse....

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by saber13

that's where we're screwed. those way up on top have been organized a very long time, and they've built many layers of armed thugs to keep the commoners in their place.

the sooner people realize we are at war the sooner we will organize and make change. we are under the thumb of the oppressors who churn out laws and statutes with such regularity that those in the legal profession cannot keep up.

change can be made, it's made all the time. sadly, it's not at our hands or for our good. everyday people are at the bottom of the totem pole, and those with mud on their work boots are not invited or welcome into the world of the rich and powerful. unless perhaps we are fixing their toilets or serving their meals.

if people born in America were free and had basic rights, i would think those rights would include:

- shelter. even if you can't afford a house condo or apartment, you should be able to build a place to live.

- land ownership. you buy some, it's yours. not you buy some and pay huge taxes on it or we throw you on the street, screw you, now you're homeless.

- education. a real education, not based on what a government dictates should be in your brain. by the time your ready for high school you should be off to train in a field, either for college or into a vocation, to be an artist, whatever.

- people in charge. we should be choosing who leads, and not from among a group of millionaires/billionaires who want the job. from among people we know. and we should be voting every week on the issues of the country. the last three families that don't have computers/online, we can hook them up.

i could go on and on.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

That may be, people may have tight holds on this society and may have the need to maintain the status quo, but we have to remember that they have no power without us.

We give them the right to lead, we elect the same old people and have the idea that there is a choice when voting democrat or republican. We as a people can take back what we have given them and make something new. Human rights should not be ignored any longer, free thinkers should not be covered up or dubbed as being radical. Taxes should be proportional and we should not bomb others in the interests of ourselves.

This is not radical, it is possible. Wake up and see that this is the world that WE have created and WE can take it back. Especially if we have a set idea of what we want, and need.

top topics

join