It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil industry suppressed plans for 200-mpg car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Click Here for story

i'd sure like to have a 200 mpg car vehicle

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Absolutely correct. I know for a fact that oil industries also have bought and suppressed several new oil extraction technologies that would increase the recoverable oil reserves by 2.5X. However, doing so would plunge the price of oil, causing most oil companies to go bankrupt.

Oil companies are only profitable when the fear of the end of oil reserves in the air.

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
#ING BASTARDS...

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:53 AM
link   
As shocking and deplorable as this report is, it should come as no surprise to anyone.

Greed is a part of the human condition and wealth comes through control. The oil industry lobbies heavily and couldn't get away with this control if the government were not colluding with them. The politicians reward is the old payola and citizens are victimized by high gas prices. Here in the UK a gallon of gas goes for about 75p a litre or $4.50 a gallon.

The same story that has been repeated over the centuries in many different ways and will probably continue. It's been said that power corrupts and I would suggest that this is a good example of that.

Hopefully things will change but I don't know how,
Deep

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
that a company called hundred mile plus has developed.

Symbol=HDMP

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
There is almost no unburnt fuel going into the exhaust (into the converter) of a modern fuel injected car. "None" is the theoretical minimum of unburnt fuel in the exhaust. For a carb to provide 7X the economy of a modern car, it would need to suck 85% of its fuel out of the air.

And the oil industry's ability to control the auto industry seems pretty fanciful. How does the oil industry keep the auto manufacturers in countries that have no oil, such as Japan and Korea, from making higher milage cars? Oh, wait, they didn't. The Japanese pioneered mass market fuel injection, multi-valve engines, and USA auto makers have adopted these design improvements to build much higher milage cars.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 03:24 AM
link   
In the article it says: HP decreasing! So you get a car that is as lazy as sh*t

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So... WHEN was this crash?

Here's the history of Toronto Stock Exchange. Notice that the US crash of '29 brought it down but there's nothing in the 30's.

www.tse.com...

Someone else should doublecheck me on this, but I see NO reports anywhere online of an oil stock panic that led to a market crash in Canada.

Can someone find any other conflicting report? Since we've seen newspapers taken in by hoaxes recently (the "time traveler" one), and this seems to be a solo report I'm wondering if anyone has any good data.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
www.snopes.com...

I thought it was kinda suspicious when no corroborating details could be found (like a Toronto crash of oil stocks.)

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
www.mikebrownsolutions.com...

Link to the Pogue plans and an engineer who tried them out. Needless to say, there's no way it could have gone that far.

For those not interested in clicking, the summary:

All a carburetor can do is meter and atomize fuel in correct proportion to air.

Any further increases have to come from increasing the thermal efficiency of the engine itself (such as raising compression) or reducing rolling friction. And this last is why a diesel locomotive with steel wheels will go ten times as far on a gallon of fuel as a diesel truck of the same weight with rubber tires.

For Pogue�or any similar carburetor�to go 100 mpg on a gallon of fuel on a vehicle normally going 20 mpg, the air/fuel ratio would have to be in the neighborhood of 75 to 1 or better.

Any second-year college chemistry student knows that.

top topics

join