It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Faces Five Years in Prison - Active Federal Investigation Against Her

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

First Lady MICHELLE OBAMA is being accused of break­ing the law over a gift she gave French First Lady CARLA BRUNI-SARKOZY

The guitar, which Michelle took from the U.S. to Strasbourg and gave to the supermodel-turned-singer wife of France’s president, has a fretboard made from rare rosewood – and that’s why Michelle could wind up singing the blues over it.

Ironically, it was under her hus­band President Obama’s direction that armed agents from the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (USFWS) raided Gibson Guitar factories in Memphis and Nashville on Aug. 24.

Oh boy. Looks like one of her hubby's laws caught her out. What do you guys think? Is she going to pay for this?

Michelle Obama - Lawbreaker!

CJ

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Please spare us all, her husband will find a way to get her out of the slammer

Until I see her wearing the jumpsuit then I'll believe it. And you got this from the national enquirer, I wouldn't trust them to tell me the news on a flea!
edit on 16-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
She will get out of the trouble. All she has to say is that she is being picked on for being black and everyone runs away.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I can see how she gets out of this situation.
Her function was that of a US representative, therefore the US is accountable for this violation of law.

It will be difficult to impossible to hold her accountable.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Please spare us all, her husband will find a way to get her out of the slammer

You mean the constitutional right of pardon?

This is a legit story. I saw it on CNN the other day...but nothing will come of it.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching411
She will get out of the trouble. All she has to say is that she is being picked on for being black and everyone runs away.

Likely. And likely you'll see that charge made here first.

Plus, there's the true stories of how obama's aunt and uncle - both illegal aliens - have escaped deportation.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Was the guitar she gave as a gift in fact a Gibson Guitar? If not, then more than likely the story will go no further than this. See, the deal is, all guitar manufacturers in the US use the same wood, from the same supplier. So Gibson, Fender, Les Paul, etc. all used this "illegal" wood, but the differance is Gibson is a Republican owned company who frequently backs Republican canidates, and DOES NOT USE UNION WORK FORCES. Gibson was singled out for this very reason.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
Was the guitar she gave as a gift in fact a Gibson Guitar? If not, then more than likely the story will go no further than this. See, the deal is, all guitar manufacturers in the US use the same wood, from the same supplier. So Gibson, Fender, Les Paul, etc. all used this "illegal" wood, but the differance is Gibson is a Republican owned company who frequently backs Republican canidates, and DOES NOT USE UNION WORK FORCES. Gibson was singled out for this very reason.

Care to back up those claims with any proof?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It will be blamed on;
Bush
The Tea Party
Hurricane Larry
The Japanese earthquake

She'll never take responsibility.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
So that's what the FLOTUS said on 9/11 "Shoulda gave the French a flag!!"

link   

Originally posted by searching411

But there's no racism in America

I'm black,,,pick on me and see what you get.I can promise you,,,the LAST thing we do is run.Idiot

link   

Originally posted by beezzer
It will be blamed on;
Bush
The Tea Party
Hurricane Larry
The Japanese earthquake

No, she'll just say I didn't know it had illegal wood in it.
I know you were trying to make a joke, but it was a terrible one and you are just repeating Fox News talking points.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Considering they dropped the Voter Intimidation charges against Black Panther Leader King Samir Shabazz aka Maurice Heath, after he and others of his party stood outside of a polling place brandishing batons, him slapping his against his hand in a threatening manner and periodically pointing it at incoming voters.

Absolving her of this offense is almost un-notable

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

It will be blamed on;
Bush
The Tea Party
Hurricane Larry
The Japanese earthquake

I know you were trying to make a joke, but it was a terrible one and you are just repeating Fox News talking points.

Although I am certain this will go nowhere, ignorance of a law is not a valid defense.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

It will be blamed on;
Bush
The Tea Party
Hurricane Larry
The Japanese earthquake

Um, nope. I was illustrating how she (or her husband) will never say that they are at fault for anything they do.

Didn't know FOX talked about Hurricane Larry.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yea Hurricane Larry was the Bush family's fault. An attempt to raise oil prices.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I really hate to be the turd in the punchbowl: but its "The National Enquirer"(?)
You know "batboy returns to bite mother..."( that "National Enquirer")

I find this incredibly hard to believe; because: If you buy something "in good faith" you are not liable for the manufacturers misdeeds...

I mean if you go looking for an ivory tusk that logic doesn't wash; but (?) She bought an off the shelf item; not a custom.

edit on 16-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I don't have any proof of this but it was on the radio when it happened, the repubs were crying about this. Would not surprise me as the fight between left and right does nothing good and a ploy like this is totally understandable, knowing our political parties.

For the poster who knocked the National Enquirer, while 99% of their stories are junk they occasionally do break a real story. IIRC, didn't they get the jump on the Tiger Woods scandal? Some scandal they broke a couple of years ago if I am remembering right. They may not be as right as a broken clock which is good twice a day but they do break real news once in a while.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
I really hate to be the turd in the punchbowl: but its "The National Enquirer"(?)
You know "batboy returns to bite mother..."( that "National Enquirer")

I find this incredibly hard to believe; because: If you buy something "in good faith" you are not liable for the manufacturers misdeeds...

I mean if you go looking for an ivory tusk that logic doesn't wash; but (?) She bought an off the shelf item; not a custom.

O
M
G

FLOTUS couldn't afford a custom gee-tar?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join