It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, I Hereby Declare You "Leader Of Mankind"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Or Humanity, if you prefer (kindness is essentially implied in both). Do you now tell the masses the truth or not?

What Truth, you say?

Well, I'm not sure if it matters, but let's start with...

Our world economy is a ponzi scheme. The emperor has no clothes.

We are the missing link. Aliens, exponentially more intelligent, exist, occasionally amongst us, and TPTB know it.

Planetary catastrophe has been and will be again. There is no point, no hope of personal legacy, in the way most think there is, just dust.

OK, so will you depress/devastate the masses with the truth? Or will you let them busily live on in blissful ignorance or at least doubt/denial.

What will you do?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

I'd spill the beans mate, no point in living a lie.

Oh and free beer for all.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by myselfaswell

OK You've got my vote

2nd line
edit on 9/16/2011 by trusername because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/16/2011 by trusername because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I'd walk up to the stage, smile, and say "Love."

I'd then resign.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I would say the thing that everyone else should have said. 'There is no such thing as a leader in this mess. I do not know anything in the quest for life that you do not. We should appreciate our fellow human and do things to benefit us all. By appointing a leader you have in essence failed.'

Pred...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

scaredy cat

I would spill the beans to regardless of what it might be, the truth is never bad regardless of what it is, the people deserve to know.

oh and free beer AND a gold star for everyone

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

What will you do?

Ban bicycle pants. Make casual friday, global.

Then slap silly anyone who starts a damned war.

ETA; I'd keep things secret just to upset CT'ers.

edit on 16-9-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I suppose what we could do if anyone wanted to start a war, put the two leaders in a boxing ring to let them fight it out together, that would be awesome but hey, we all know they don't like to fight their own battles

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I'd immediately abdicate.

But seriously, assuming someone could actually rise to such a level and make a difference:

1) I would recognize that the planet needed a goal that would force it to cooperate.
2) I would give it one.
3) I would tell the people that if they ever abandoned this goal, there would be serious consequences.
4) I would have my message carved into thousands of stone monuments in every language of earth and get them distributed all around the planet.
5) I would disappear forever.

The planetary goal would have to be nearly impossible to achieve but capable of inspiring the imagination to incredible heights of creativity.

Possible goals:

Establish a fully-functioning colony on Mars so earth life would survive even if earth got struck by a vary large comet or asteroid. Then next work on Venus.

Find a less developed planet in this galaxy and help it to survive better.

Figure out how to make earth the happiest place in the entire universe. Then do it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Declare Amsterdam Capital of the World and move the White House to the Bulldog Pub.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I probably wouldn't do much at all, to be honest.

People keep thinking that the current supposedly negative situation is purely the result of "elites."

It isn't. Look at the comments of any number of videos on YouTube. Look at the rubbish that is the most highly viewed on YouTube. It honestly seems as though the more juvenile and degraded a given video is, and the less intelligent it is, the more popular it will be.

My point is that people do not want to lay claim to their own destinies, and really take charge of where they go in life. If they did really want to do that, things would change. People talk about how powerless they are, but if you offer them solutions, most of the time you get ignored. They really don't want to change, because that means taking individual responsibility, and taking risk; and also having to be proactive and actually *think.*

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3

I'd walk up to the stage, smile, and say "Love."

I'd then resign.

That's Godlike, and great, and perhaps all we need. But for this scenario, let's say resigning is not an option.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

I probably wouldn't do much at all, to be honest.

People keep thinking that the current supposedly negative situation is purely the result of "elites."

It isn't. Look at the comments of any number of videos on YouTube. Look at the rubbish that is the most highly viewed on YouTube. It honestly seems as though the more juvenile and degraded a given video is, and the less intelligent it is, the more popular it will be.

My point is that people do not want to lay claim to their own destinies, and really take charge of where they go in life. If they did really want to do that, things would change. People talk about how powerless they are, but if you offer them solutions, most of the time you get ignored. They really don't want to change, because that means taking individual responsibility, and taking risk; and also having to be proactive and actually *think.*

I agree. And so in your world does it take all kinds to make a world and people should take responsibility and be allowed to live with purpose? If so then for this scenario let's pretend it's your purpose to rule.

Would you tell everyone the truth? Or would you not do much at all?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Declare Amsterdam Capital of the World and move the White House to the Bulldog Pub.

And tax drugs
it could work, it could work

but would you tell everyone the truth?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox

I'd immediately abdicate.

But seriously, assuming someone could actually rise to such a level and make a difference:

1) I would recognize that the planet needed a goal that would force it to cooperate.
2) I would give it one.
3) I would tell the people that if they ever abandoned this goal, there would be serious consequences.
4) I would have my message carved into thousands of stone monuments in every language of earth and get them distributed all around the planet.
5) I would disappear forever.

The planetary goal would have to be nearly impossible to achieve but capable of inspiring the imagination to incredible heights of creativity.

Possible goals:

Establish a fully-functioning colony on Mars so earth life would survive even if earth got struck by a vary large comet or asteroid. Then next work on Venus.

Find a less developed planet in this galaxy and help it to survive better.

Figure out how to make earth the happiest place in the entire universe. Then do it.

Ok so you would tell them the truth and hope that it doesn't depress them but instead inspires them to survive the devastation?

Or you would make up an impressive non-truth that just kept the masses busy?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
I would say the thing that everyone else should have said. 'There is no such thing as a leader in this mess. I do not know anything in the quest for life that you do not. We should appreciate our fellow human and do things to benefit us all. By appointing a leader you have in essence failed.'

Pred...

I'm not sure you're right. Seems to me there is ALWAYS a leader and more people are naturally followers. But at one time or another, everyone is a leader at something.

Anyway, this is just a scenario - and in the scenario the question is more about truth and/vs. responsibility.

So would you tell the truth? What would be a scenario where you wouldn't?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by beezzer

I suppose what we could do if anyone wanted to start a war, put the two leaders in a boxing ring to let them fight it out together, that would be awesome but hey, we all know they don't like to fight their own battles

I love that image of the boxing ring.

But in this scenario - it's just you the leader - you can have a team of advisors beneath you but the buck stops with you. Do you tell the truth or not?

Can you think of a scenario where you wouldn't?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

What will you do?

Ban bicycle pants. Make casual friday, global.

Then slap silly anyone who starts a damned war.

ETA; I'd keep things secret just to upset CT'ers.

edit on 16-9-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Wow, you're one of the few that answered the question and you wouldn't tell the truth.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by b3l13v3

scaredy cat

I would spill the beans to regardless of what it might be, the truth is never bad regardless of what it is, the people deserve to know.

oh and free beer AND a gold star for everyone

Awesome, you are a rare breed, if you don't believe me - read the other posts!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

And tax drugs
it could work, it could work

but would you tell everyone the truth?

Well, in such an elevated state of conscience I would be an open book.

edit on 16-9-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join