It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi I'm Chris. A Technology Guy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Greetings, I'm Chris.

I've been meaning to join this site for a long time and finally got around to it, a friend of mine recommended it, and when I was laid off, I suddenly had more free time for personal interest.

I'm a Technology guy, I like building things. Mostly related to security. I do a lot of web work, and have my own rack of servers in colo, just an example of how tech(y) I am. I buy a lot of army surplus items too.

I'm mostly interested in government hacks, coverups, NASA documents and the such. My goal is to get to know the community so that I can understand it enough to contribute in a positive technology related way. Like tools to do this and that.

I live in Washington, where its always wet, the people are moody but the food is pretty good.

Thanks,
-C

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by chris17453

Hello and welcome

Nice to have you here

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Welcome chris! Can you help me put my avatar up on this site? Seems you need to be very technological to do that
Seriously though I really want to put my avatar up lol

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Yea, Seriously. I updated mine to a url.. like is asked, then got a warning that It had to be hosted through the media center, and then that didnt work.

Must be down for the night?

-C

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Yes the media thingy is down at the moment, apparently they are trying to fix it

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
heya buddy,
welcome to the internets little slice of heaven.
make yourself at home, whats ours is yours

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Hi Chris, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Welcome!
Looking forward to your contributions here at this crazy place that is ATS. Have fun! Don't get too lost in the mess, and always remember to go outside and run around like a crazy maniac in a big field out in the middle of nowhere every once in a while!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hi Chris I'm pretty new myself! I think you'll love it here lots of fun debates and always something new to learn! So welcome!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hello and Welcome to ATS
sounds Mc Guiver ish
Again Welcome to the Jungle

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I'm a Technology guy, I like building things. Mostly related to security. I do a lot of web work, and have my own rack of servers in colo, just an example of how tech(y) I am. I buy a lot of army surplus items too.

Welcome!
I wonder how many people will now think you have servers in Colorado?
You may be part of the IT Illuminati!

Welcome, and let your heart tread lightly. There are many here that don't.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Is "Technology Guy" a clever way of telling us that you are a robot???

We need more robots around here.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I get your point. I'll clarify "colo" = Co Location. I'll try to keep the lingo to a minimum. I may be robotic, but strictly of my own design!

I'm already enjoying the site. It's really addictive. I've got to step back and remember to think twice, cut once.

What are the "Flags"?

-C
edit on 15-9-2011 by chris17453 because: Didnt want to double post.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hi Chris the Technology Guy

Welcome to ATS

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hola! I went to school for "network tech", graduated, learned shyt, and indebt to sally may for 17 g's, lmao! Kiss my buttocks sally may!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Welcome aboard Chris - the site is great there is such a diverse range if topics...

The "flags" are awarded by members for what they thing is a great thread - and you can also stars for individual posts.
The point being the more flags/stars your thread gets - the longer it will appear on the main pages and the more input you will receive.
Have fun - I try to remain courteous but there are times that gets hard - but predominantly the people on here are reasonable and the debates are really enlightening

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hello tech guy! You are a different species in my opinion. I am techno-illiterate. I admire people like you. Anyway, welcome to ATS, hope you have fun.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hey chris welcome to Abovetopsecret
edit on 19-9-2011 by DemonicUFO because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join