It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape Victim Forced To Cheer For Her Attacker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
After reading the article, I have to side with the girl. I think it's pretty obvious she was raped. I don't buy the boy's excuse that it was all a "big misunderstanding".

A Texas girl accused her school's star athlete of rape—and was kicked off her squad for refusing to cheer for him. Jessica Bennett reports from a town still divided three years later.

She was blonde and blue-eyed, captain of her high school cheer squad, headstrong, but shy at times, too: she made a point not to call undue attention to herself. He was tall and strapping, an outgoing African-American kid, a church-going boy with the swagger of a star athlete. Their paths crossed mostly on the football field where she rooted for him every week, but that changed one night in October 2008 when, Hillaire says, Rakheem Bolton raped her.

The accusation dropped like a bomb in Silsbee, Texas. Rumors flew that Hillaire made up the story, ashamed of a consensual act because Rakheem was black. The footballer insisted the sex was consensual and was cleared of rape—only to plead guilty to simple assault. His lawyer suggested that Hillaire (whose name Newsweek and The Daily Beast has published with her parents’ permission) had been “asking for it.” Hillaire was kicked off the cheer squad for refusing to cheer for Rakheem on the field. A petition was started in her favor.

Link

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You're late to the party. Already posted some time ago. Search for it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Why was he cleared of rape but not assault? Sounds like he did rape her but was able to plea bargain the charge down to assault. She was asking for it? What woman asks to be raped? Rapist should be castrated then have the word B#### tattooed on their foreheads and thrown in prison for life.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Don't have to read the article because I've been watching it on the news and reading it in the paper ever since it happened as I live not too far from there. Now I wasn't there when it happened and I don't know who is telling the truth and who is lying in the situation- I believe the truth is usually found somewhere in the middle. What I do know for sure is that in this area small town high school sport stars get away with pretty much anything as long as they keep scoring. That's just the honest truth. And a lot of school officials and administrators are willing to turn a blind eye to a lot! The star athelete's word is generally taken as the Gospel, and how dare anyone cast any aspersions on any of them.

The "good old boy" networking starts at an early age. I'm not saying this boy is guilty; I'm just saying if he is we will never know.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
did you read the article? she was drunk and ended up at the end of night locked in a room with four guys, being fondled by the other three wile she made out with the accused...sounds like a white cheerleader trying to save face after having some rather "un-normal" relations with four african american boys at the same time..but she was screaming no and help but was that before or after the guys started kicking the door in?

edit: excuse me i re-read the article and it only confirms two of the four were black
edit on 15-9-2011 by POPtheKlEEN89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

..but she was screaming no and help but was that before or after the guys started kicking the door in?

Use common sense. Why would they kick the door down unless they heard screams for help?

Apparently she was a virgin. And the rapists jumped out the window because.....? Because they were guilty, is why.

I've had the pleasure with many a young lady and mature woman. Never once did they scream for help and never once did I have to flee out a broken window, Those rapists deserve to be hung.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

edit on 9/15/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

top topics

join