It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The great Camera Hiest?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What would happen, if one a certain day, everyone on ATS who was interested in in alien/UFO contact, went outside all day and night and waited for activity?

We took with us a digital camera, and a video recorder and simply got some interested freinds together, and lay on our backs and all stared at the stars?

We got out our telescopes and pointed them at the moon and checked for activity.

ATS has members all over the world? What do you think we would find? Sure people would think they saw stuff they didn't but we could debunk it as a forum.

People who see UFO's see them by chance, and chance has it that they have a camera nearby to record it. How much evidence could we pull together?

I know these UFO watching events have been organised before, but they are usually 10-15 people all with good intentions in just one place looking at a small patch of out atmosphere. The chances that on the day they look in the sky is the day something happens in that certain patch. But what if we all did it? We have members in mexico, spain, portugal, brazil, israel, canada, USA, russia. The list goes on.

I have been a lurking for a while on these great forums, but this is my first post, thought i would do it on a non controversial topic so as to not step on anyones toes. If i have then i am sorry

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Too bad you couldn't have suggested this a couple days ago when a ufo was spotted in the MN skies for an ENTIRE DAY!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Interesting.. seem's a good idea. And I think we would come back with some interesting piece of information. As you said, we have users all over the world looking at different parts of the atmosphere, this would make it more succesfull in finding something interesting.

Although, where I am, it is always cloudy in the night sky. I can't see a damn thing.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
lol yeah, too bad i didnt think of it a few days ago. My general consesus towards that object is that it is a balloon and that someone is too embarrased to claim it as their own.

I want a video camera damn it.

"MiniMe:

Yeah me too, its always cloudy in England! Anyhow, for each country in which the even would take place, it could go ahead on the first clear night after a set date? Just thinking of logistics here. Also if this did go ahead, then the recordings and pictures of anything we found would be filmed clearly as people would be prepared, not like the grainy images we always get of UFO's due to panic and impulse filming."

Edit was the quote being added to answer MiniMe

[edit on 24-8-2004 by philphonic]

SMR

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I would go for this.
I live in an area where I get very little cloud cover during the year as well as minimal city light.Living in the mountains gives me a wide range of space and I have a huge sky to look at.
EDIT:
As stated above and in another post,I would most certainly have clear images and anti-turrets video

I cant stand fuzzy - jerky images/video

[edit on 24-8-2004 by SMR]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
thats 3 whole lots of atmopshere that we can cover in one whole night! Does anyone know what area of atmosphere can be seen on a clear night? That way depending on the numbers we could calculate the tiny minority of the sky being watched.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'd be interested but it's always cloudy here. I'm in the UK too. I havn't seen a clear night where we live for ages now. Also I live near an air base (I can see it from the window) so that might interfere, or help I guess if 'they' are interested.

SMR

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Is it safe to say the UK is out

I thought that was only in the movies,,,,being cloudy and rainy.
Almost seems like seattle WA ..maybe anyone there is out as well.

Keep posting and get this thread noticed.
Maybe a thread - ATS UFO WATCH 2004
Get some interests and set a date? A day, two days, a week worth of watching?

top topics

join