It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive satellite TV outage. Dishnetwork is down. Phone is busy. Site won't load.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Mine has been down for the last several hours. None of their phone numbers are working either nor does their website load. Looks like this is nationwide. Wonder if there was any major solar flares or other objects today?

answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by angelas210

Website loaded for me.

www.dishnetwork.com...

Took a little bit though.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
umm... my dishnetwork is working impeccably well right now... have had no problems at all since i got home from work

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The website won't load because it's probably flooded with people asking what's wrong in addition to the phones. It's technology and everything breaks down at one time or another...not ruling out solar flares but one would assume that other satellites would be other knowing that there are hunreds of them up there....if GPS and atm start going down I would agree that it's a solar flare or something going on in the upper atmosphere...it totally sucks though when the television goes out..sorry dude

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
My UK dish is working fine, but I did just get randomly logged out of this site

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This from DISH

DISH Network
"We are currently experiencing an interruption affecting the 129 orbital satellite location. We have identified the issue and are working as quickly as possible to get your channels restored. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Its HD channels that have the issue.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

LOL....way too funny but yes, this is how we got around it: Go to a DVR recording and play a show, then use your channel button to channel up or down and that should get you to a channel. I'm able to watch HBO right now. I can't get a hold of them either and I thought, I should post on ATS but thought nah.....
Good luck!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

What state are you in? I'm in MN.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The beginning of the decline of ignorance may be upon us, for once, with such great news!

Maybe people will read a book or think about something important!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Some of us like to watch the news, the educational channel, and of course a good, scary movie. With popcorn and chocolate...can't forget the chocolate. We all need a little distraction some time, there's a time and place for everything.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Illinois here and no problems.

Line 2

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

ohio. the other thought is that there is something on tv tonight that TPTB don't want us to see.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Seems to be satellite 129, according to twitter.

List of Dish Network channels affected by satellite 129 blackout - dishuser.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
110, 119 have signal (west coast) and others seem just fine, must be localised to the one sat.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
working fine in upper Texas. I did have a problem this afternoon where it showed we lost signal but I just went down the channel selector and chose a news station that wasn't high definition.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Pay you bill buddy

It's good that you posted this though, because you never know if it's a local thing, national, or worldwide until you start asking around.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I have watched my freeview cnn linked by sat turn into garbled pixels more than once over the last month, I blame solar activity.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Maybe a piece of ELEnin hit satellite 129.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
We haven't had cable/satellite tv for awhile and we're not missing out at all. We pay the internet bill and only watch what we like. There are sites for LiveTV, or you can watch your favorite series, movies and sporting events. Seriously, get rid of your dishes and cable bills. They make too much on people anyway and usually for programming that SUCKS!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
Seriously, get rid of your dishes and cable bills.

What Bills?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join