It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unexplored frontier Here on earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
As more and more of you look to the stars an wonder you are truly forgeting that the earth is still a frontier,We assume she can not hold any more marvels. I have listed some of the facts i have found on one of the most strangest habitats were life can be found.
Mammoth Cave National Park worlds longest cave.It is located in america with 377 miles of explored cave only about 12 miles is available for tours.Still remains to be fully explored even tho it was found in1941.
Mammoth cave:

World deepst cave Krubera-Voronya Cave discovered in 1960 last expedition reached 7,188 ft in depth. Still remains to be explored. It boasts limestone formation dating back to the Age of Dinosaurs.

Voronya cave:

Found in 2011 Worlds largest cave passage Son Doong cave located in Vietnam. Expedition team could only go as far as 2.8miles into cave due to being stoped by forming floodwater.We will now have to wait till next year for them to explore the caves further chambers. They say and i quote

the one chamber is three times the size of Wembley Stadium an people have passed within a few hundred meters of the entrance without finding it) and (there are almost certainly bigger cave passages awaiting discovery around the world Satellite images hint, for example, that caves even larger than Son Doong lie deep in the Amazon rain forest)

Son Doong cave:

video link for veatniam cave
video link
Cave-dwelling animals that have adapted to these habitats are called Troglobite which include,insects,fish,spiders,bats,worm,salamanders,they all have adpted to survie things such as poison gases.They say that eighty five percent of caves has no visible entrance so are still undiscovered.There are roughly 7,700 species of troglobites we know of.So givein there is still 85% more caves out there we can take in to account that there is a hell of lot more species of troglobites to discover.so we know that thay have a thriving eco system i put to you do you think its wrong to assume there maybe a few mammal-like troglobites.Or even a thrieving Cro-Magnon type Homo sapiens We more and likely havent seen any wandering out side such habitats because of all troglobites have no Pigments which protect all surface organisms from ultraviolet rays which would more than likely kill them.
The existence of such a variety of troglobites raises many questions. How did they get there, and when.Bare in mind that these questions have never been solved.
a case for hard core geologists PS thanks for the time you have taken to read this i know if this turns out to be a terrible read i can not reimburse you time back

edit on 12/9/2011 by indisputable because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/9/2011 by indisputable because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This is a perfect example of how little we really know about the rock upon which we find ourselves.

The earth holds so many wonders that the mind boggles when attempting to encompass even a fraction of the totality.

One of the largest obstacles to learning is "things I know," forget what you think you know, and step out of your little box for a bit and try to imagine what else you might not know as well as you think.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by indisputable

Nice pictures, I've never seen them before.
I would like to know what's at the bottom of that deep one.
Maybe monsters.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Great links OP.

It's crazy to think how much we don't know about our own caves/oceans. One day... hopefully.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yup, quit amazing! Some places even look like a neat home, with crystals and a pool inside etc.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I have been to Mammoth Cave,since I live only 60 miles from it.
It's pretty cool,and yes,the are still exploring it.
BTW,the link of the picture for mammoth cave is actually a picture of a cave closeby there.

Here is a cut away view of the massive network.

www.shadedrelief.com...

edit on 12-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I've always wanted to do Spelunking but never had a Sponsor lol....There is SOOOOOO MUCH we don't know about this planet. In fact there is probably more that we don't know, than we do know. I've been told by small plane pilots down in South America that there is Giant Pyramids poking through the Rainforests here and there that are unexplored due to their Extreme Remoteness. I guess it would take a lot of funding to have a helicopter to drop a person in and pick him back up way out in the middle of nowhere so they remain a Mystery to Modern Archeology.

Down In Bocas Del Toro, Panama some of the locals who I became friends with showed me Caves they Periodically check the Entrances to for things that accumulate from the ocean washing in/out...According to them they would find everything from Money/Kilo's of Cocaine to Body's just in the Entraces. But from what they were telling me and I saw, you would need Scuba gear to travel much farther than the Entrances because of the Water Table so who Knows whats in there from when Oceans were lower.

(Incidently for those who are wondering where the Kilo's and Bodies come from, Columbia is Only One of the bordering Countries that have Cartels.)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

thanks for pointing that out my bad

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I haven't looked yet but looking forward to seeing the links.

We don't explore deep within our own Earth and something like 3/4 of the oceans remain unexplored.
People think after the extinction impact some genus of species were forced underground and of these some or at least one enjoyed a parallel evolution. Sub terrains. I think this describes some grays but others think this is a reptilian species. Reports have people witnessing them in underground passageways. Many think these species have surpassed humans or transcended them in mental skills or ascension and they are those orbs of light, able to escape the dark underground as pure light beings....essentially where humanity is evolving and aspiring toward but they beat us there. I guess they don't have the distractions we have here on the surface.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

If that is the view you are interested in i have a thread that you should like. Sorry beforehand if its not laid out that good but it was my very first attempt at a thread
please check it out to thread

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
2011 new species discovery's soley in the Amazon : New tribe was discovered in Amazon and new type of monkey etc. There has been roughly in Amazon alone1,400 new species found in the last 10 years.Roughly a new species is found and recorded every three days. It is also said that hundreds of new species of insect ,bacteria,viruses,and amoeba are found every year. The world is truly still not unmasked yet.

join