It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. troops who died will die in Afganistan should have their names added to Trade Center memorial

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Americans continue to die due to this terrorist attack.these troops names should be displayed with thos whom they are dieing for.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Think they have room for the 1 million or so Iraqis and Afghanis that have died as a result of 9.11 too? A life is a life is a life, correct? If we're going to immortalize US troops for their involvement in these illegal wars of aggression should we not also commemorate their victims?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Agree with you, only true perpetrators should be named, flogged and thrown in cell for rest of their lifes. Starting with Cheney.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LuminiferousAether

Agreed. Everyone is so caught up with the 9/11 deaths at the towers that all the millions of civilian Iraqi's and Afghans that have been killed just fall by the wayside....

I guess American deaths are worth more than anyone elses?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
No, Next stupid idea please

Lines-Sorry

I nearly felt bad posting a five word response, but look at your original post, go away think of something with some substance then post
edit on 12-9-2011 by Pockets because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well eventually theyll get their own memorial after the war. Did every American war get a memorial, is there such a thing as an Korean war memorial?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The actual number of Iraqis and Afghanis that have died since 2001 now stands just over 2 million. The exact count in Libyan deaths since NATO started dropping "humanitarian" bombs is still unconfirmed but it goes in to the many of thousands.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jassu

Agreed. Everyone is so caught up with the 9/11 deaths at the towers that all the millions of civilian Iraqi's and Afghans that have been killed just fall by the wayside....

I guess American deaths are worth more than anyone elses?

If dead terrorist sympathizers are so concerned about this, they need to make their OWN memorial. My guess is that you won't get much support.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Americans continue to die due to this terrorist attack.these troops names should be displayed with thos whom they are dieing for.

I respect the gesture you are mentioning. Honestly though, in my opinion, the illegal occupation of Afghanistan had NOTHING to do with 911. I say this as a family member of someone who still has shrapnel in their body from serving in Afghanistan.

Our loved ones who serve in this "war on terror" are victims of puppet masters pulling strings behind the scenes. To compare the sacrifices our troops make to the events of 911 is disrespectful and foolish. I mean no offense towards you to your OP, but it's time people snap out of it. It's been 10 years and some people still think our loved ones are over there fighting for our "freedom". This skewed logic boils my blood. RIP to all the victims of these senseless wars, including our troops and the freedom fighters of these illegally occupied countries.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

edit on 12-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: Double post

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
A Place on the annual List for the Darwin Award would be a better Place

Even our Freedom is not named on this Memorial Plate!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
i completely disagree with the topic of this thread. American soilders choose to en-list. likewise whatever happens to them in the field is their choosing. The folks that perished in those planes and in that building did not choose to die.

The firefighters who went into those buildings and perished choose to do that, which is why they are heroes of an unspeakable caliber.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

If dead terrorist sympathizers are so concerned about this, they need to make their OWN memorial. My guess is that you won't get much support.

You are aware who the actual terrorists are aren't you? Right?

The label of terrorist gets thrown around a lot, while the accuser is not even aware of the true meaning of terrorist.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Sadly, our troops blood means nothing when it compares to the "special interest" to keep the propaganda of 9/11 fresh in the minds of those that have not clue what it has been done in this nation because the greed of those behind wars.

I am sickened that while is a pony show been done to commemorate the sad and tragic death of people in NY, nobody remembers what came after, trillions of dollars on wasted in wars while the nations economy falls into chaos, more death of our soldiers than those in the NY 9/11, the death of hundred of thousands in collateral damage, so special interest can profit from blood.

The war on terror was the biggest hoax been wagged on the tax payer in this nation and people still doesn't get it.

Sad.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I thought it was ironic that while America was acting paranoid because the terrorists might attack, meanwhile 77 troops were injured in Afghanistan. Remember Afghanistan, America? The place you sent your brave men and women because of your fear of the boogie man?

Where's the flag waving on that one? Thanks OP for bringing this to attention.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Sadly if the numbers of troops death in Iraq and Afghanistan was to be added to the 9/11 memorial they will overshadow by numbers the death of the tragedy in NY. That is why talking about the death of our soldiers in any commemoration of 9/11 is tabu.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I am always disappointed by people who believe we automatically owe our military a debt of gratitude for "protecting our freedoms." We've lost more civil liberties since 9/11 than the so called "freedoms" we've gained or maintained. This is fact. Why is it if you are aware of this fact you are considered "unpatriotic." I would argue that a true patriot doesn't want to see his countrymen sent off to commit murder for profit, profit which most of us will never see. I would argue that it's unpatriotic to support authority without question, when even our founding fathers understood and wrote about, in length, the inevitable direction that ALL governments will take. They told us this would happen, and expected us to stand up and fight for true justice... But somehow "patriotism" has been redefined; not as support and love for your country and the willingness to seek true liberty and prosperity for your fellow Americans, but as a blind obedience to authority. A lack of inquisitiveness or even the willingness to question authority, to think for one's self.

It's hard for me to have respect for people signing up for any branch of the military in the last, oh, 5 years or so.
They are signing up to play a real life video game. They don't care about the truth, or the implications of what they're doing, or the lives that will be lost.

Why don't they care? Well, partly because they've been conditioned to think of Muslims, or anyone who is brown and from the Middle East as slightly-less-than-human. Partly because they've been indoctrinated by the entertainment industry glorifying military service and servicemen. Partly because they have very few options for education, or getting a real job, without the GI Bill.

Young men and women sign up today because they want to wear the uniform, brandish the rifle, "earn" our automatic and unquestioning support. I know many Iraq/Afghanistan vets - Even the most humble of them have a belief that they are someone special, who did something special, and deserve special treatment. Ever notice when a vet gets pulled over or asked for ID they almost always give their military ID? Even when it doesn't have a DOB or any other qualifying information on it? Even when they KNOW they will have to reach back in their wallet for a state issued form of ID? Why??? Because they know it might get them out of a ticket, or get them a discount, or at the very least an automatic "thank you for your service!" It's DISGUSTING.

The idea that these service men and women deserve our immediate and automatic respect has been instilled in populations for as long as nations have had armies. It is a basic and fundamental propaganda tool. Respect people based on individual merit, who that person is, and how that person is, instead of automatically supporting the meat filling up a US Army/Navy/AF/Marines/Coast Guard uniform.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Well eventually theyll get their own memorial after the war. Did every American war get a memorial, is there such a thing as an Korean war memorial?

Yes there is...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07695338a5f3.jpg[/atsimg]

First off, I think it's a lousy idea to add their names. Second and more importantly I doubt the OPs sincerity and question their motives for posting such a thread suggesting this possibility.

I smell pathetically veiled agenda riddled bovine excretion.

If I'm wrong on that assumption then I apologize to the OP

I doubt that I am though.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Remember no everybody that question 9/11 have an agenda, I question 9/11 I question everything our corporate government does that doesn't benefit the hard worker tax payer, that doesn't I am on an agenda it means I am trying to exercise my rights as a voter and tax payer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join