It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we mourn the victims of 9/11?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
• 137 000 civilians has been killed in Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan, this does not include over 35,000 Pakistanis that have not yet been confirmed

• The wars have created 7.8 million refugees

• The USG never seriously considered any alternatives to war in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, whether in Afghanistan or Iraq.

• In total, over 6,000 American soldiers alone have been killed, that's twice as many as were 9/11.

137 000 killed civilians in ten years, means that 3000 innocent people are killed - "a 9/11 "- every 81 days since the U.S. was attacked.

In my opinion all of these people have become the victims of 9/11, the victims of a corrupt and incompetent government. The wrong decisions was made both before and after 9/11.

Where are the 137.000 civillians being mourned in the USA today? A 9/11 every 81 days for 10 years...

I know many people in the US know this and knows why it was so wrong since day 1.
But for those who still is supporters of this insane war, where is the justification for this massacre?

IMO 9/11 should be a day of shame rather than mourning. It was the day when all the wrong decisions lead to the death of nearly 200.000 humans.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

In my opinion all of these people have become the victims of 9/11, the victims of a corrupt and incompetent government.

I certainly agree with that. I mourn the loss of the people on 9/11 because they were fellow Americans. I will say that an American life matters more to me than that of a foreigner. I would mourn the death of neighbor before a stranger, and a member of my family above anyone else.

I basically mourn the whole damn thing though, regardless of who caused it.

Do you have sources for those facts? I'm sure I could find them but if there is a nice page I would appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Shameless link to my own thread on this subject:

Remembering the 'other' victims of 9/11

Great thread mate
I add my own link in there not to overshadow your post but to add to it, I feel this message has been forgotten by many people.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Roughly 3000 innocent people were killed in a couple of hours. Where did this happen in Afghanistan or Iraq? They were killed in a dastardly terrorist attack(whoever actually did it). Innocent men and women in a city and country that were "at peace". We have every right to mourn their passing.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
We should mourn every innocent life lost - and with all of the issues surrounding 9/11 and the country's direction that followed - I welcomed the belief that today should be one day where we recognize the lives lost, without the political diatribe. So that is the only comment I feel compelled to share today.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Here's a good link: costsofwar.org...

And thanks.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Nobody is saying we don't mourn those 2996 people killed that day, only that many tend to forget the other 116000 innocent civilians killed as a result.

Both should be mourned equally.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Roughly 3000 innocent people were killed in a couple of hours. Where did this happen in Afghanistan or Iraq? They were killed in a dastardly terrorist attack(whoever actually did it). Innocent men and women in a city and country that were "at peace". We have every right to mourn their passing.

Are you implying that the quicker people are killed the more they should be mourned, or that the Afghan that has been at war for 35 years should just expect to get killed, because theire not "at peace"?!?

I'm not saying there is no reason to mourn the 3000 people who died on 9/11, I'm simply questioning how it justified killing more than 200.000 people because of them... Why are they not also being rightfully mourned as the victims of 9/11?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Nobody is saying we don't mourn those 2996 people killed that day, only that many tend to forget the other 116000 innocent civilians killed as a result.
The OP's title more than suggests that they should not be mourned. Then there is this travesty of a line.....

IMO 9/11 should be a day of shame rather than mourning.
I wonder if the op is man enough to go to New York and actually say that.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Those people didn't ask what was put upon them. So they deserve dignity and peace now they are no longer with us. But I think the media makes us more inclined to mourn them. You tell me, if the media wasn't all over it, certainly where i'm from, people would forget, or at least not seem to "care" so much. In this country, the London bombings that occurred on 7/7/2005 are in no way as vastly remembered as what happened on that day ten years ago. I know the loss of life was relatively small compared to the 9/11 atrocities, but it was loss of innocent lives nonetheless.

God bless all those affected on that tragic day, and to those that will be lost on days like this to come. Because it will never stop. Humans have killed one another since we evolved.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

If your title were something along the line of "Why do we ONLY mourn the American victims of 9/11", I would have much more sympathy with your position. The way it is written, "Why do we mourn the victims of 9/11?" I see it as nothing more than an attack on the families of the people killed in NYC that day.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

One has nothing to do with the other.

The ceremonies today are to mourn the innocent victims on 9/11 and the First Responders who gave their lives.

In effect, you are trying to blame the innocent people who did nothing but go to work or blame the Hero's who died trying to save them for unrelated things.

Why? To draw attention to yourself? Are you saying stop mourning the innocent people who were slaughtered and pay attention to me and what I want to talk about instead?

Or, is it that you're in denial? You want to pretend these innocent people were not slaughtered? You want find a way to somehow blame the innocent victims for their own deaths?

I think you're just doing it for attention since its obvious that what you're ranting about has nothing to do with today's memorial. These victims did nothing to anyone. They were killed simply for being Americans by some of the most evil people to ever walk the planet earth. Covering up for that is also sick and twisted it seems to me.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Some people pass it off as "collateral damage". Who gives a stuff about tens of thousands of stinking arab lives as long as you kill a few nasty terrorists eh.

I find that sort of thinking abhorrent and the people that think it to be budding psychopaths.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The OP's title more than suggests that they should not be mourned. Then there is this travesty of a line.....

I'm man enough to say it to anyone who will listen.
Their death was used and their memory tainted by what the US has done in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan in the past ten years.
What kind of insane hippocrathy is it to then proceed to mourning them when their deaths was used by the same government and media as a way to emotionally extort the US people in to accepting an insane war?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

One has nothing to do with the other.

The ceremonies today are to mourn the innocent victims on 9/11 and the First Responders who gave their lives.

In effect, you are trying to blame the innocent people who did nothing but go to work or blame the Hero's who died trying to save them for unrelated things.

Why? To draw attention to yourself? Are you saying stop mourning the innocent people who were slaughtered and pay attention to me and what I want to talk about instead?

Or, is it that you're in denial? You want to pretend these innocent people were not slaughtered? You want find a way to somehow blame the innocent victims for their own deaths?

I think you're just doing it for attention since its obvious that what you're ranting about has nothing to do with today's memorial. These victims did nothing to anyone. They were killed simply for being Americans by some of the most evil people to ever walk the planet earth. Covering up for that is also sick and twisted it seems to me.

Ofcourse they are interconnected, how are they not?

How on earth am I blaming the innocent people who died on 9/11 or the emergency responders?

Your post does not make sense and is off topic.

The victims that died on 9/11 was just a start of the tidal wave of people murdered as a consequence of the bad decisions made by the USG on that day and now ten years later.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LauraDanning
Those people didn't ask what was put upon them. So they deserve dignity and peace now they are no longer with us. But I think the media makes us more inclined to mourn them. You tell me, if the media wasn't all over it, certainly where i'm from, people would forget, or at least not seem to "care" so much. In this country, the London bombings that occurred on 7/7/2005 are in no way as vastly remembered as what happened on that day ten years ago. I know the loss of life was relatively small compared to the 9/11 atrocities, but it was loss of innocent lives nonetheless.

God bless all those affected on that tragic day, and to those that will be lost on days like this to come. Because it will never stop. Humans have killed one another since we evolved.

Those people deserved and deserves dignity and peace, just like the more than 200.000 other victims.
My point is that they never recieved that because their death was used as an end to support a iillegal and illegimate war that we now do not see an end to-

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

thats about all i have to say on this thread, other than there needs to be more people to speak up about this... but like always if u go against the masses they look down on u and against u, and say ur "un-american" what a load of poop!

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen

I'm not saying there is no reason to mourn the 3000 people who died on 9/11, I'm simply questioning how it justified killing more than 200.000 people because of them... Why are they not also being rightfully mourned as the victims of 9/11?

You picked today in the middle of the memorials to do so. Do you think everyone is stupid? We know what you mean. Exactly what you mean.

Where is your condemnation of the sick, evil people who highjacked the planes and everyone associated with their cause and all the horrors they have exacted on the world, even their own? Don't they hold ultimate blame? You would have to be half mad not to recognize it was their action that caused this. It was their intent to cause this. These twisted evil people who even slaughter their fellow Muslims.

You are rational enough to know that most killed in Iraq for instance were killed by other Muslims? You do know that, right? Your not lying to yourself and others by ignoring that are you? How many posts have you made condemning them for killing huge numbers of their fellow Muslims for simply believing slightly differently than they do?

The fact you chose today screams exactly your intent.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen

What kind of insane hippocrathy is it to then proceed to mourning them when their deaths was used by the same government and media as a way to emotionally extort the US people in to accepting an insane war?

That disgusts me.

If their deaths were USED by the government, as you claim, then that is even MORE reason to mourn them.

That makes them INNOCENT victims.

I WILL mourn them.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

S&F my friend, I 100% agree with you on this issue, its sickening that there are tragedies everyday at the national level and the media fails to cover it. Such selfish human beings we are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join