It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is 9/11??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Did you know that 90% of Afghans have never even HEARD of 9/11?

This video is fascinating to me, these people honestly don't know anything about 9/11. They don't even know why American troops are there!!

The American troops told the Afghan elders how the United States once sent a man to the moon and they got "laughter in reply"

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

This is a great find and I think very important for others to see. Really makes you understand why people are fighting against the US troops. I could empathize with them before hearing this but having no idea why your country is over run with a foreign military power could really make the blood boil. I wonder what would happen if we actually had a campaign to inform these people why we are there.

'We destroyed one building and they destroy how many of ours?'

Damn. The line about giving our children pens and paper and their children guns was also pretty eye opening.

OP I would re title the thread. It's pretty easy to overlook at the moment.
edit on 11-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It's because they don't have Televisions and newspapers...

No kidding.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

That's why I tried people to know what really was happening, but my article been erased, they keep on lying.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

It seems they do have nothing if you see these folks living in tents, but they have more than you can imagine!!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
oil and gas.. these guys deal in heroine,surprisingly oil and gas worth more.

2nd line

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
So who is more out of touch with reality?

If the physics dictates that it is IMPOSSIBLE for airliners and subsequent fires to have destroyed those buildings that big then what is he doing in that country?

So how does someone from the nation that put men on the Moon not know to ask about the distribution of steel in skyscrapers.

Different kinds and magnitudes of ignorance?

psik

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The events of Sept. 11, 2001, of course, are known to educated Afghans, and to many residents of big cities. But that isn't always the case elsewhere in a predominantly rural country where 42% of the population is under the age of 14, and 72% of adults are illiterate. With few villages reached by television or electricity, news here is largely spread by word of mouth.

"[A]fter showing the images to dozens of Afghans, I only found one person who clearly recognized them and could connect them to the U.S.' initial reason for coming to Afghanistan, and that was the police district chief in Marjah."

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 9/11/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

"[A]fter showing the images to dozens of Afghans, I only found one person who clearly recognized them and could connect them to the U.S.' initial reason for coming to Afghanistan, and that was the police district chief in Marjah."

I really think that if we could do a little better with explaining why we are there it would be mutually beneficial to the people of Afghanistan and our soldiers. I know many don't think the war is justified, or was an inside job but just the dialogue and understanding that we have an actual 'reason' to be there would save lives on both sides in my opinion.

Also, can we PLEASE not turn this thread into official story/truther trolling?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I'm from Afghanistan and this video is sad but true. Majority of Afghans do not even know that 9/11 even occurred. Its sad when one day you wake up and you see foreign troops in your nation.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thats how people end up living if you allow fanatical religious doctrine to reach its logical conclusion unimpeded. These people are literally thousands of years behind the rest of the world, if you removed the motorbike you could be forgiven for thinking someone made a time machine and took a trip back to biblical times...overzealous religious types would do well to learn a lesson from these poor people.
edit on 11-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Now seriously.

Do you know how many people i know that they didn't hear what is 9/11?

I ask them,how they could not know that,and they said they don't care what is happening in the US..
Sad,very sad.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
Thats how people end up living if you allow fanatical religious doctrine to reach its logical conclusion unimpeded. These people are literally thousands of years behind the rest of the world, if you removed the motorbike you could be forgiven for thinking someone made a time machine and took a trip back to biblical times...overzealous religious types would do well to learn from these poor bastards.

I don't understand what their level of technology has to do with their knowledge or participation in 9/11.

I gather (from your statement) that you despise their religion and their way of living, but what did they do to you

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I don't despise them, I actually pity them a great deal, as should anyone else with a rational mind and any kind of moral fibre in their body

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Good video. I think this should be made more aware of, as, when you think of it, its probably common sense to think a lot of people over there wouldn't know, but its easy to make assumptions. With something like 9/11, people want a source to be angry at. Now that Bin Laden is (supposedly) dead, they will need to channel their attention to somewhere else. So the people as a whole, perhaps may have been generalised as being "the enemy".

It's a shame, and, as said before, if a foreign country was invading your country and bombing for reasons you perhaps didn't understand, you would be compelled to hate back. Hate breeds hate.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

I don't despise them, I actually pity them a great deal, as should anyone else with a rational mind and any kind of moral fibre in their body

With that being said, How do you feel about the OP? These people we have been killing for 10 years now don't even know why (10YEARS LATER).

It would appear they are just fighting back out of anger and to protect themselves.

Why are we wasting American lives and spending BILLIONS of dollars on this war

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
To me, this drives home my personal belief that if we eradicated the power and money hungry at every end of the Earth, we might actually be able to achieve world peace. Most ordinary people really only want to live without fear and hardship. They want to raise their children in safety. That's all I can really ask for. I want my kids to grow up safe and have families of their own someday too. I could live with any neighbor of any race, religion, or creed as long as they were peaceful.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Komaratzi11

Everyone be careful of this guy, he wants to wipe out the human race. I share you sentiments but I fear there will always be those that are greedy and power hungry.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komaratzi11
To me, this drives home my personal belief that if we eradicated the power and money hungry at every end of the Earth, we might actually be able to achieve world peace. Most ordinary people really only want to live without fear and hardship. They want to raise their children in safety. That's all I can really ask for. I want my kids to grow up safe and have families of their own someday too. I could live with any neighbor of any race, religion, or creed as long as they were peaceful.

Do you think Afghanistan was a peaceful place before 9/11/2001? Do you think the ordinary people of Afghanistan were living peacefully with people of every race, religion, or creed?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It has been 10 years since an attack. The Afghans don't know why we are there and Americans don't either (not the REAL story anyway). The "masterminds" behind the attack are dead (allegedly).

WHY ARE WE STILL OVER THERE

edit on 9/11/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join