It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyril Richard Rescorla

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Sometime someone comes along who we all should take note of. Rick Rescorla is to me one of those people.

Rick Rescorla was born in Cornwall England, in 1939. He served in Her Majesty's Service was as a Military Intelligence officer on the island of Cyprus, where he spent the period from 1957 to 1960 in intelligence. He stayed in the British military until 1963, then moved to the US and became an officer in the US Army, serving in Viet Nam. He became a US citizen, and hired on as Director Security for Morgan Stanley Dean Witter.

So why do I think he is so notable?

Rick Rescorla died 10 years ago today at World Trade Center. Rick Rescorla ran up and down the building (62 floors) directing evacuation and helping people get out, despite the fact that he was 62 years old and dying from terminal bone marrow cancer.

He was last seen on the tenth floor of the World Trade Center, headed up. Of the 2,700 people he had been charged with protecting, all but 6 survived the terrorist attack.

Some people you have to admire.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by barkingdogamato

A true hero, on a day filled with them. Regardless of your beliefs of who/what was responsible that day, the men and women who ran into the Towers that day to help their fellow citizens were heroes, one and all.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
That is an excellent story that is truly representative of the sacrifice many were willing to make that day. Thank you for sharing that- I would have never known.....

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
He seemed like an amazing man - Apparently, he was at the WTC for the 93 bombing and anticipated that someone would try it again. He worked feverishly to secure the site. The History Channel did a documentary on him.

www.youtube.com...
I tried to embed, but it didn't work.

The world needs more Rick Rescorlas.

rickrescorla.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by vipertech0596

Done lot a work for Morgan Stanley

At all their brokerage offices as you enter is a memorial to the people lost on 9/11

If you read "HEART Of A SOLDIER" by James Stewart

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1315827020&sr=1-1

Find that after 1993 bombing Rescorla believed terrorists would be back - try to get company to move offices
away. Because of long term lease were unable to move

Rescorla them undertook to train all the employees in evacuation to rapidly clear the buildings without confusion
and delay

A number of people I know worked for Morgan Stanley - Smith Barney remeber evacuating building that day

Go into a high raise Morgan Stanley office will find bins equipped with Chem Light sticks and smoke masks
Every hallway has signs marking stairways and evacuation routes

Rescorla lives on....

new topics

top topics

join