It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Your Current SUD's Score (Subjective Units of Distress)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by choppedbrisket
Probably about a 3.
However, I've been trying to avoid all media lately.
If I hear one more thing about remembering 9/11 I will puke.

I threw the TV out several years ago. Haven't missed it. Seems to me it's mostly mass hypnosis, disinformation, misdirection, mind control, propagandizing with destructive values etc. etc. etc.

I think the 9/11 stuff is such a huge stinking pile of hypocrisy on the part of officials, . . . it's pretty nauseating on the face of it.

On the other hand, we are in a war that's heating up. Those we lost 10 years ago are fitting to remember. And, it's fitting to cause folks to think more than idly about the major issues of the day.

If nothing else, it's fitting to ponder seriously the values by which we claim we live . . . and their consequences.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I'm pretty pessimistic about the future if the present is any indication of things to come. Something wicked this way comes.

I am too--regarding the near term.

After Armageddon, things will look up dramatically, imho.

Between now and then--something TRULY WICKED this way comes--of a certainty.

There's plenty mushrooming, expanding, intensifying wicked here already . . . in politics--all sides--media--education--the farce of the sciences--the super wicked farce of government, certainly--agriculture--philosophies corrupt and black as can be covered in whitewash--transportation--religions of man and of hell--sociologies--psychologies--ecologies--energy--Marxism--monopolistic bastardized pretend capitalism . . .

Thankfully . . . as Tolkien says . . . THE KING IS COMING.

Otherwise, imho, there is NO HOPE.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Sleep deprivation has a bigger impact than folks realize. I think alcohol, sleep and anger problems are the 3 biggest cause of auto accidents.

...nowadays ya gotta include cell phones too...

Congrats on your serenity.

...dont jinx me...

If things dramatically change for any of the . . . troublesome geo-political etc reasons above, please let me know.

...oh - your interest has firm boundaries... s'okay - no biggie - have fun...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Right. Forgot about cell phones.

In terms of firm boundaries . . . an interesting topic.

I think some are firm--perhaps fewer than many think.

However, I actually think or suspect that perhaps even the fabric of reality as we have known it for millenia may well be changing, fluctuating, convoluting in shocking ways . . . on the near horizon. Time will tell.

Have growthful safe fun yourself.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If anything, I feel a sense of excitement not based on stress, tension or impending doom.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by symbolon
If anything, I feel a sense of excitement not based on stress, tension or impending doom.

To what do you attribute your sense of excitement?

How many or what % in your close social network feel similarly?

Is there any degree of . . .

such dissatisfaction with the status quo that virtually any dramatic change would be positive to you?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by regor77
. . . Can't honestly say what i feel might be on the way just have a feeling of some sort of impending situation that will have some profound effect. . . .

To all:

1. How many of you have seen the following map via John Moore?

His You Tube links are available here:

Original presentation with the "Navy map."

www.youtube.com...

Map:

2. How many of you are living in areas that the map shows to become innundated/underwater?

3. Those of you living in those areas . . . does that map and the Hopi Elders' map at

www.standeyo.com...

showing essentially very similar innundations . . . raise your anxiety levels, distress levels at all?

4. If so, how much?

5. If not, why not?

6. To what degree do how many folks believe such maps to be more or less valid but not likely in the near future?

7. To what degree do how many folks believe such maps to be valid and that such events will most likely occur in the next 1-20 years (when would you guess)?

8. How many or what % of your closer social network do you think are basically walking around in denial as a way to avoid or cope with anxieties about the future?

BTW, I have a Native American bro. who's heritage is also in the same two tribes who may be able to verify John Moore's map through a tribal bro who saw the same map in his Navy career. We haven't quite tracked him down, yet.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I goofed and posted this on the wrong thread from my list. Here it is in the right one:

well given all the givens

with all the stuff 'in the air'
. . .
there have been more than a dozen threads on Syria and related stuff in the last several weeks.

In the light of that . . . I'm curious if folks' SUDs scores have increased.

And, if DISTRESS, is too strong a word . . .

change it to

Subjective Units of Concern . . . hmmmmm . . . uhhhhh wellll . . . SUCs

= = = = =

my own . . . say a year ago . . . my SUC/SUD score might have been 3-5 on a 10 pt scale with 10 = watching the bombs go off. Now the SUC score might be around 4-6.7 depending.

How about yours
?

edit on 7/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: tag fix

edit on 7/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: a more accurate SUC score

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join