It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Jobs Act/what do you think?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

I would try a less radical approach.

Send the 50 million lowest income families $10 thousand over 24 months. This would come to $500 billion and $420 per family per ,month. It would undoubtedly help millions in a big way, not move inflation the least and the spending would be a boon for small business, probably creating millions of jobs.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by galdur

you linked..

_UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS. If approved by Congress, the proposal would continue assistance to millions of people who are receiving extended benefits under emergency unemployment insurance set up during the recession. That program expired in November but Congress renewed it for 2011. If not renewed again, it would expire at the end of this year, leaving about 6 million jobless people at risk of losing benefits. The president also wants to spend extra money on states that help long-term unemployed workers though training programs. One model cited is a Georgia program that lets people receiving unemployment benefits obtain job training at a company at no cost to the employer. The estimated cost is $49 billion.

only problem i see. so far is..

these so called companies...

don't need anymore employee's..

lay-offs will be falling like leaves on a windy fall day soon..
edit on 8-9-2011 by baddmove because: added words

What are you talking about? I see companies hiring all the time. I just got a job today at a small local non-profit organization here in Buffalo. I think it's great that they can give them job training. There are lots of opportunities for cooks, electricians, construction, carpentry, you name it. Especially with this expansion of repairing roads and schools, there will be a big demand for manual labor jobs.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venomilk
so where can i actually find a copy of this bill to waste a few hours of my life reading? google yields nothing but blogs/reports of this speech.

i have a hunch him saying "no more earmarks" isnt as true as id like to believe

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but on the White House website there is this.

www.whitehouse.gov...

or you can download the pdf here www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

Good to hear, but in these deflationary times the cost of labor should be going down. Still, it´s better to be in some sort of employment than none, I suppose.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join