It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Cops Among 67 Shot in Weekend Violence.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
At the annual West Indian Day parade bullets were flying.Estimated ten dead,two of which were a 56 year old by-stander and a young teen.The annual Labor Day parade celebrates the culture of the Caribbean islands and is one of the city's largest outdoors events.
Source

Three people were killed and two police officers were wounded in a shooting a few blocks from the annual West Indian Day Parade in Brooklyn, capping a violent holiday weekend in which nearly 70 people were injured by gunfire.
Updated statistics obtained by NBC New York on Tuesday show that at least 67 people were shot between 12 a.m. Friday and 11:59 p.m. Monday. That includes nine on Friday, 10 on Saturday, 33 on Sunday and 15 on Monday.

edit on 7-9-2011 by Daedal because: added vid

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Guaranteed this will be used to push for stricter gun control in the sates.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vardoger
Why? NYC already has the strictest gun laws in the country. If anything, it proves the uselessness of such laws.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Why? NYC already has the strictest gun laws in the country. If anything, it proves the uselessness of such laws.

Okay, let's get rid of the laws then. Or better yet, give everyone guns. Gun control would work if the people who were supposed to be controlling the guns did their job. Fast and Furious is a recent example. I believe in the right to bare arms. The thing is, it's easier for me to make a couple phone calls and buy a gun illegally versus buying a gun through the proper channels. Of course availability is different depending on your location. Guns don't kill people, people do.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Okay, let's get rid of the laws then. Or better yet, give everyone guns. Gun control would work if the people who were supposed to be controlling the guns did their job. Fast and Furious is a recent example. I believe in the right to bare arms. The thing is, it's easier for me to make a couple phone calls and buy a gun illegally versus buying a gun through the proper channels. Of course availability is different depending on your location. Guns don't kill people, people do.
What do bare arms have to do with anything? Are they better than sleeve covered arms? Sexier?
Just messing with you. Homonyms are such a pain. I know you meant "I believe in the right to bear arms."
I agree. The second amendment say that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be INFRINGED. So, these laws are unconstitutional. I think everybody should carry a gun if they desire to do so.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I think everybody should carry a gun if they desire to do so.

so too the guy who was just released from prison for murder, or his buddy who robbed and shot people for money...

oh and you can't forget the guy who can't afford his psych meds... he needs a gun to protect himself from the people he sees following him every where...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

so too the guy who was just released from prison for murder, or his buddy who robbed and shot people for money...
Has he paid his debt to society or not? If he has paid his debt to society, then you cannot continue to punish him. If he has not paid his debt, then he needs to be in prison until he has; even if that means for life. Are you taking his first amendment rights away permanently? His fourth? fifth? Are they inalienable rights from God, or are they privileges bestowed by a generous government?

oh and you can't forget the guy who can't afford his psych meds... he needs a gun to protect himself from the people he sees following him every where...
If he can't afford his meds, where did he get the money for the gun?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Has he paid his debt to society or not? If he has paid his debt to society, then you cannot continue to punish him. If he has not paid his debt, then he needs to be in prison until he has; even if that means for life. Are you taking his first amendment rights away permanently? His fourth? fifth? Are they inalienable rights from God, or are they privileges bestowed by a generous government?

If he can't afford his meds, where did he get the money for the gun?

I agree with everything you said. I believe that gun control means being able to hit your target and my finger is my safety and trigger lock.

The fact is that if their had been someone with a CCW and had their weapon of choice on them we may not be reading about these innocent deaths right now. People need to realize that people kill people, not guns. If I want to kill someone and don't have access to a gun I'll use a bow, or a speargun, or a knife, a shovel or rake, or build a potatoe gun, or run them down with my car, or get some nitrate fertilizer and diesel fuel, or a slingshot, or even my bare (arms) hands.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Most criminals who are released reoffend with the same type of crime they were originally convicted for...

Would you let a pedophile with a gun near your kids? What about a rapist with a gun around your wife/sister/mother?

As far as the guy who can't afford his meds, it's cheaper and much easier to buy a gun than to buy meds in the US... If someone is paranoid, they'll do anything to get what they want.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

As far as the guy who can't afford his meds, it's cheaper and much easier to buy a gun than to buy meds in the US... If someone is paranoid, they'll do anything to get what they want.

That is a very good reason to then,actually own a gun and carry one. If a drugged out guy decides to get in between me and my children for any reason,My Gun will protect them.......Unless you have faith in waiting for the Law to show up.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

so you prefer that everyone has guns and that anyone can decide to shoot when they want and who they want without knowing if the person will actually hit their intended target or half the people around them...

that's great...

so basically, you look at me wrong and I feel threatened, i shoot you and then we'll all shoot each other not knowing who is on who's side... a bar brawl with guns...

so intelligent...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

so you prefer that everyone has guns and that anyone can decide to shoot when they want and who they want without knowing if the person will actually hit their intended target or half the people around them...

that's great...

so basically, you look at me wrong and I feel threatened, i shoot you and then we'll all shoot each other not knowing who is on who's side... a bar brawl with guns...

so intelligent...

Thank you for the complement.

BTW,there are more deaths by vehicle,then by guns,better ban them also.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

That didn't stop the moron Bloomberg from doing so.

47 Shot Across City in Weekend of Violence

At the Christian Cultural Center in Brooklyn Sunday morning, Mayor Bloomberg spoke out against the incidents over the weekend, which at that point was at 25.

"There are just too many guns on the streets and we have to do something about it," he said, and urged for more federal control and stricter gun control laws across the country.

Bloomberg is a bastard.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Coinciding with a surge in gun purchases that began shortly before the 2008 elections, violent crime decreased six percent between 2008 and 2009, including an eight percent decrease in murder and a nine percent decrease in robbery.1 Since 1991, when violent crime peaked, it has decreased 43 percent to a 35-year low. Murder has fallen 49 percent to a 45-year low.2 At the same time, the number of guns that Americans own has risen by about 90 million. Predictions by gun control supporters, that increasing the number of guns, particularly handguns and so-called “assault weapons,” would cause crime to increase, have been proven profoundly lacking in clairvoyance.

Gun Ownership Rises to All-Time High, Violent Crime Falls to 35-Year Low

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Most criminals who are released reoffend with the same type of crime they were originally convicted for...
That is a wholly separate issue and has to do with liberals being soft on criminals and sentencing. I support much stiffer penalties; such as a minimum life imprisonment for murder.

Originally posted by Magnum007Would you let a pedophile with a gun near your kids? What about a rapist with a gun around your wife/sister/mother?
My ex-wife is a cop and can take care of herself. My mother owns a .357 revolver her father gave her when she turned 18. She is 62 now. My sister just retired from the army and favors her .45 though she prefers long guns. As for pedophiles around my kids, or any kids for that matter. I think you can guess what would happen to that pedo if I caught him before the cops did.

Originally posted by Magnum007As far as the guy who can't afford his meds, it's cheaper and much easier to buy a gun than to buy meds in the US... If someone is paranoid, they'll do anything to get what they want.
This is a little more of a gray area, but I do not trust the government to decide who is mentally deficient enough that they should not be allowed to carry. If given that power, what would stop them from eventually banning whole groups? In a libertarian world, this person's family would take responsibility for him. NOT the government.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

that's great...

so intelligent...
Thanks for the laugh. No, you would not just start shooting(if you have even the smallest modicum of intelligence), because you know that everybody else is most likely armed also. "An armed society is a polite society". I BELIEVE that if the US went to totally unrestricted gun ownership, most of our violent criminals would relocate to unarmed Canada.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

"An armed society is a polite society". I BELIEVE that if the US went to totally unrestricted gun ownership, most of our violent criminals would relocate to unarmed Canada.

OMG..

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

You get facts on your face, still all you see its your biased closed view. More guns its not bad per se, more idiots with guns is. But your hatred of guns and freedoms wont change that, no matter what.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Saltarello

I don't hate guns... I hate the idea that some people believe that everyone without exception has the right to own and possess guns... it's simply not possible, it's actually idiotic...

These same people believe that anyone can just take the law into their own hands... every person has a different interpretation of the law, heck people can't agree on petty things, how will people agree who is right and wrong in a shooting situation... never mind the people who can't shoot and who will kill more people for nothing

At least with law enforcement there is a standard of training....
edit on 11/9/9 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

"An armed society is a polite society". I BELIEVE that if the US went to totally unrestricted gun ownership, most of our violent criminals would relocate to unarmed Canada.

OMG..

So presented with facts,you support your facts with opinion.

OMG..

Gun Ownership Rises to All-Time High, Violent Crime Falls to 35-Year Low ...........

You could always move to the UK,and their ever watching CCTV system. Their police have no weapons. Its a Utopia. (Nothing against the UK,but I love my country,and the right to bear arms.)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join