It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: The 9/11 Attacks & Conspiracies - September, 2011

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I used to believe it was a big setup, but I don't believe that anymore.
I believe now that the official story is more or less true.
There are things wrong in the world and we are going to fix it.
But our minds are very good at demonizing things we want to change. That is how we humans roll

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
Thats the American Society of Civil Engineers, American Institute of Architects and the Structural Engineering Institute.

To your list you can add:

The National Council of Structural Engineers Associations.

The International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering (and here).

The Institution of Structural Engineers (and various papers published in The Structural Engineer).

The British Constructional Steelwork Association has published some criticism, but nothing that questions the general sequence of events. They think NIST should've have gotten more outside (presumably British) input.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I had at one time in my engineering career considered civil/structural engineering and/or Architecture.

After hearing that both towers had collapsed it really began to make me wonder....as steel constructed buildings historically were originally created and became the mainstay in modern architecture and structural engineering due to their being Fire Proof.

This first steel constructed building aka a Sky Scraper was first constructed in Chicago and was a direct result of the Great Chicago Fire in the late 1800's where the entire city constructed primarily of wooden structures literally burnt to the ground.

When I see another steel constructed structure collapse due to fire without having been leased by Real Estate
investors with ties to Israel....I will only then believe the story we are told.

Until then...it's simply like Santa Claus as far as I am concerned.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I voted as a guest because I seldom post anything anymore. No to question 1 and disagree with question 2.

Nice look into the views of 42,000 entries into your weirdly constructed poll of 911, Thankyou!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Stalin, sorry White House issues guidelines for celebrating 9/11: (1) Warn of more terrorist attacks and (2) Don't question official story of 9/11.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

My honest first impressions after years of flying Heavy Jets was that no physical evidence even remotely suggested that a jetliner had crashed at the Pentagon and the clean lawn and the minimal damage loudly screams that truth.

As for the twin towers: there's no possible way those buildings could have been knocked down by those airplanes and the repeated story of jet fuel down the elevator shafts were as ridiculous as that garbage about the hijackers boarding w/o ID.

And finally, total stunned disbelief that those airplanes could fly around for hours in the most heavily militarized zone in the world without a single airplane challenging them. Count the number of military airbases in that area. And they stand alert at the end of runways all over this country.

Every civilian pilot is warned about the Restricted Space around the White House and the Pentagon and the rooftop missiles that are there to protect it. Saw and knew it all immediately, and so did many of my Airline Pilot friends, but like UFO's, "nobody saw anything to speak of" if you want to keep your job.

edit on 7-9-2011 by Brown Bear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
www.overlordsofchaos.com...

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

"9/11 was the springboard for the NWO to bring about more control within the land of the free and push the enslavement agenda throughout the world."

Cobaltic, you hit the nail on the head with that statement. I came across a website the other day (which I'm sure has been posted here on ATS at one time or another) that gave me that same perspective. Included was this statement:

"There was a discussion of terrorism. Terrorism would be used widely in Europe and in other parts of the world. Terrorism at that time was thought would not be necessary in the United States. It could become necessary in the United States if the United States did not move rapidly enough into accepting the system. But at least in the foreseeable future it was not planned. And very benignly on their part. Maybe terrorism would not be required here, but the implication being that it would be indeed used if it was necessary. Along with this came a bit of a scolding that Americans had had it too good anyway and just a little bit of terrorism would help convince Americans that the world is indeed a dangerous place... or can be if we don't relinquish control to the proper authorities."

The full read can be found here: www.overlordsofchaos.com...

Very interesting read, considering it is purported to be recorded in 1988 after first being heard at a seminar in the early 1960's!

PS: Sorry if my reply is hard to read. I don't post too often, and am still trying to figure out how to box, bold, italicize, etc.

PPS: Could someone tell me where I find the "how to post" section on ATS? I've looked and looked, but I can't find it anywhere. Thanks so much in advance. I didn't mean for this whole post to be 'quoted', just the first line from Cobaltic
edit on 7-9-2011 by PlantGirl because: trying to learn something here

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I am surprised that the majority did not feel something was being left out of the news coverage when they first heard it. Perhaps my memory is skewed or my view on that morning was just rare, but I remember an inordinate number of rumors and a lot of speculation about what the hell was going on, and although I recognized the obvious confusion as a big contributor to that, I did feel that there could be a lot more than we knew.

I vaguely recall somebody suggesting that it could be the beginning of a "Red Dawn" sort of operation by a foreign military, and I certainly didn't feel that was impossible just because it wasn't on the tv yet. At one point someone had told me there were dozens more planes hijacked that weren't being reported... it seemed to me like everybody was a little too interested, like maybe something funny was up with this confusion over what happened to the tower when the first plane hit- before we knew it was terrorism... I heard a small plane hit the world trade center, no big deal, but it was becoming this boondoggle of a story somehow, and then, all of a sudden, bam there is the second plane, but I didn't understand how it could have arrived by surprise. I'm not saying i had any idea what was going on, but yeah, I started to smell something funny. Then i ate it anyway.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
My impression of 9/11, when I saw it on TV and read about it, was one of disbelief.

First of all, my entire life I had always heard of two sites being constanty watched from air. With 24/7 airwatch, and those were the white house, and the UN building. That anyone could have come so close, in NY once ... was one thing, but twice ... when I heard it was twice, my immediate responce was that this was an internal "cue" or an attempt for a "cue", because of how GW Bush came to office. And everything that has happened since, has made me even believe more in that theory.

There is only one reason why the world would support the US government the way they do ... and that is of fear of the US falling apart like Russia. The world has never agreed with US military policy, ever. But what would be worse, than the US falling aprt ... nothing, literally. Since nobody cares about the rogue nations, like Afghanistan, Iraq or Lybia.

Attacking countries like Afghanistan, was an obvious tactic ... focus the public of the US into one direction, and at the same time ... they started surveillance on their own citizens. All under the cover of protection ... the country of the free and the brave, suddenly became the country of the enclosed and enslaved ...

Hollywood, the most important thing about the US, suddenly changed ... most of the US movies had been good, many good sarcastic movies, of government setups. Now, all these movies are suddenly B movies. I am in the business of renting out movies ... the movies created, are what we used to call B movies, with few exceptions. It's like the entire staff of scene writers, and movie producers in Hollywood had been replaced ...

The war, that he US is fighting abroad ... is a war against "nobody". Neither Afghanistand nor Iraq could have mustered to pee, let alone any defence. I am one of those, who stood against the attack on Iraq, because the US was attacking an adversary who wasn't capable of defending himself. Totally dismantled, and without any mental ability ... it was just murder ... not a war.

And although I most certainly do not agree with the muslim government of Afghanistan, I don't see any honor in sending troops to murder them either ... they are camel riding nomads ...

And I stand by my first impression ... the US government's enemy is within ... it's the citizens of the US, that are their primary enemy ... not some camel riding saudi. And when I saw Obie in his pont, subtlely giving the people he was talking to ... the finger. I didn't need any more convincing.
edit on 8-9-2011 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Planes and Controlled Demolition and Thermite... Oh My...

Bottom line: I don't believe the official story, .I could list off all the doubts I have but im sure they've all been covered in different threads. Something stinks with this whole story.

Im just worried that 50 years from now we're all going to look at 9/11 just like how we perceive the JFK assassination. We KNOW it's B.S.... But anyone who would know the truth is long dead... We need to strike the iron while it's hot so to speak. Someone get me Jesse Ventura, a towel and some water. Then we need to strap in Dick Cheney and subject him to some "Enhanced Interogation techniques" before his heart explodes again

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheStonerMessiah

Im just worried that 50 years from now we're all going to look at 9/11 just like how we perceive the JFK assassination. We KNOW it's B.S.... But anyone who would know the truth is long dead... We need to strike the iron while it's hot so to speak. Someone get me Jesse Ventura, a towel and some water. Then we need to strap in Dick Cheney and subject him to some "Enhanced Interogation techniques" before his heart explodes again

Haven't you heard "they'll pinochet" little Dickie, which means they'll have him arrested. Just to feed the public interrest, but they'll do it at the point where he is so sick, he can't stand trial or say anything to accuse anyone ... that is what is meant by "pinochet someone".

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

As my US friend -Nenothtu says "Nuff Said"
edit on 8-9-2011 by A boy in a dress because: ......

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
All ur Conspiracy Theorists need to watch this:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Quote from the 9/11 official report:

At 9:37:46, American Airlines Flight 77 crashed into the Pentagon, traveling at approximately 530 miles per hour.61 All on board, as well as many civilian and military personnel in the building, were killed.

govinfo.library.unt.edu...

This is an artist´s rendition of the airliner approaching the Pentagon, according to the official story,

at a whopping 530 mph feet off the ground, hahahahahaha.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/211f1b9795c5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Here´s another angle.

Again, this depicts the official story of an airliner hitting the wall of the Pentagon feet off the ground at 530 miles per hour.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36ddcdb59251.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 8-9-2011 by galdur because: wrong pic

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by galdur
at a whopping 530 mph feet off the ground, hahahahahaha.

You should be aware that, back in about 2003, John Lear (who claims to be one of the nation's most-experienced pilots, is supported by Pilots for 9/11 Truth, and a former ATS regular) indicated that as long as the flaps were not down, a pilot with only simulator training could accomplish the hit on the Pentagon at the speed indicated in the official story.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I don´t buy it.

About half a second before this supposed Boeing airliner reached the depicted position, it supposedly roared at full-throttle over the freeway leading up to the Pentagon. No Pentagon employees supposedly witnessing this event reported losing their hearing and no vehicles were swept off the freeway. So, this magic airliner evidently was silent and no aerodynamic pressures emanated from it - at supposedly full throttle and close to max speed - feet off the ground.
edit on 8-9-2011 by galdur because: typo

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
At 9:29, the autopilot on American 77 was disengaged; the aircraft was at 7,000 feet and approximately 38 miles west of the Pentagon.59 At 9:32, controllers at the Dulles Terminal Radar Approach Control "observed a primary radar target tracking eastbound at a high rate of speed." This was later determined to have been Flight 77.

At 9:34, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport advised the Secret Service of an unknown aircraft heading in the direction of the White House. American 77 was then 5 miles west-southwest of the Pentagon and began a 330-degree turn. At the end of the turn, it was descending through 2,200 feet, pointed toward the Pentagon and downtown Washington. The hijacker pilot then advanced the throttles to maximum power and dove toward the Pentagon.60

At 9:37:46, American Airlines Flight 77 crashed into the Pentagon, traveling at approximately 530 miles per hour.61 All on board, as well as many civilian and military personnel in the building, were killed.

Note #60:

60. See FAA report, "Summary of Air Traffic Hijack Events: September 11, 2001," Sept. 17, 2001; NTSB report, "Flight Path Study-American Airlines Flight 77," Feb. 19, 2002; FAA report, "Report of Aircraft Accident," Nov. 13, 2001.

Note #61:

61. See NTSB report, "Flight Path Study-American Airlines Flight 77," Feb. 19, 2002;TSA report, "Criminal Acts Against Civil Aviation for 2001," Aug. 20, 2002, p. 41.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well here is a GREAT video I found. I want ALL OF YOU TO SEE THIS!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I might have my names mixed up, but doesn't John Lear support the holographic planes theory?

I found this video:
....whatever. Regardless of what he thinks about that, if he's an experienced pilot his opinion on flight manuevers is valid.
edit on 8-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join